VR-Farlkle ONE OFF'S - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 05-14-2012, 05:52 AM   #16
lastinline
on the hwy to hell

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicep View Post
How do I post pictures here if I already used the same picture in another thread. It won't let me do that. I don't want to just post links to the different threads. I want to put the pictures here.

Bicep

I see one pic posted. A dash board I made for my suction cup tomtom GPS
Just one of many items I have built for the V-Rod Muscle.
check this thread
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163837
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #17
Bicep
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELUSIVE 1 View Post
OMG BICEP! Your a one man human assembly line/ factory.We need a comprehensive list. Did you accomplish all this in one year or less? Sweet Jeezuz,Willies in the picture!
And the VRSCF BICEP backrest just seems to hug the MUSCLE fender like it belongs! Great job! 15 thumbs up?
Oh yeah, and one FULL length MUSCLE'd perforated grill!
I have done 11 "Radiator Armor" mods for customers. Countless Fork Leg Badges and Axle Caps with custom engraving and 25 "Bicep Backrest Systems"

It seems my "One Off's, have taken off!

One of my customers from Florida attended Bike Week in Daytona and got Willy G to come over and take a look at my Backrest.
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=626

I started developing the Backrest in Sept of 2011 and the rest where started in July 2011. So less than a year.

Bicep
Bicep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #18
baldharleydude
Tim

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I guess my Lindby-style engine guard mod falls into the custom-fab category...

baldharleydude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:02 AM   #19
ELUSIVE 1
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm not looking to belittle anybodies modification. On this forum,there are plenty of mod's from other manufacturer's designs. If an original motorcycle part has been changed by at least 40% , I guess that would fall into this VR-Guild I'd like to create.
I am however, seeking actual fabrications for V-Rods from forum members conceptual design. My goal is to see if this VR-Guild can network together to create a lot of our own aftermarket parts without outside assistance.
Thanks and I hope I've not hurt anybodies feelings.
ELUSIVE 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:05 AM   #20
ELUSIVE 1
Lifetime Premium

engine guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldharleydude View Post
I guess my Lindby-style engine guard mod falls into the custom-fab category...

I really like the curvature & point shape , which is much better than the VRSCDX rounded guard. Can that be reproduced for other forum members?
ELUSIVE 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #21
harleynurse
caferacer

Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Question Farkle....VRod Bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELUSIVE 1 View Post
WHAT HAVE YOU DESIGNED OR FABRICATED FOR YOUR VROD?

* FARKLE is derived from sparkle & function referring to add-ons,accessories,gadgets installed on MC'S to make it more functional ,unique or aesthetically pleasing

My dream is to start a "VR-GUILD" by networking skills & sharing tech knowledge in order to improve our talented forum members visibilty in the after market.

PLEASE NOTE: Members who post their DIY handmade concepts & innovative VR one-off's have most likely posted them in the past with detailed descriptions. You can also use the search function on left or right web page to view some of their past entries. Some of these VR inventors have detailed "How they've accomplished" or "trials and tribulations" of fabricating these VR-parts.
FARKLE:
Fancy
Accessory
Really
Kool &
Likely
Expensive

Any new & original built VRod parts by forum members? VR-Bling updates?
03VRSCA sold after 50,000 miles.
harleynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:27 AM   #22
BT
I lift heavy things.

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
More stuff
Hey Bicep what's that pic with Cush drive/compensator bowl ? What did you do ? Just polish ?
BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:13 AM   #23
bwds
brett

Feedback Score: 18 reviews
not trying to step out of line here ,but im a little confused ,which isnt hard at times ,could you clarify the following statement please

I am however, seeking actual fabrications for V-Rods from forum members conceptual design. My goal is to see if this VR-Guild can network together to create a lot of our own aftermarket parts without outside assistance.

is this a different way of wording you want to see peoples ideas that work ,so u can have these out sourced and manufactured for retail sale ,in the aftermarket sales market for your own finacial gain

or

help these people along with their ideas for themselves and thier finacial gain ,which in turn makes it our finacial gain cos if they can be made cheaper or in bulk ,cost go down and so does the price

again not meaning to offend ,just clarifying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tony
But the F is SO ugly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bwds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:09 AM   #24
Vambo
Banned

Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Thanks for the tip. I only have 5 MB availible. So new pics where in order. Stuff I made and have sold to other F and DX owners.

Bicep
It that a muscle?
Vambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:33 AM   #25
FABSTER
King of High C's!

Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tony View Post
Hey Bicep what's that pic with Cush drive/compensator bowl ? What did you do ? Just polish ?

FABSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:14 AM   #26
ELUSIVE 1
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwds View Post
not trying to step out of line here ,but im a little confused ,which isnt hard at times ,could you clarify the following statement please

is this a different way of wording you want to see peoples ideas that work ,so u can have these out sourced and manufactured for retail sale ,in the aftermarket sales market for your own finacial gain

or

help these people along with their ideas for themselves and thier finacial gain ,which in turn makes it our finacial gain cos if they can be made cheaper or in bulk ,cost go down and so does the price

again not meaning to offend ,just clarifying

Hello Brett,Good question and no offense taken.
This "VR-Guild" group was formed to expose and praise our forum members ideas and improve upon functional and aesthetic designs for our riding pleasure. This is an underground think-tank ,where members can experiment,test drive the product and get critiqued by other members . Hopefully, members Megaz, Bicep,Santeg or myself can market these vrod parts at a reasonable cost. But ultimately,it's their product and.....Builders cost depends on many factors,including time spent researching and developing,trials,material cost,etc..
Personally,I've a few trusted VRod owners, who are not forum members, test driving some of my VR-Guild designs since 2003. March of 2013 is my target release date. Safety & quality & durability of my home built handcrafted vrod parts are my main concerns.
Thanks for your participation and concerns.
Sincerely,
Erik...E1
Old 01-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #27
killerVRod
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I already make a bunch of parts for members here. I would be available to help as well.

3" forward controls:

License plates (different countries as well)

Light relocators

Some one off stuff

-Keith
Custom Lapis Blue V-Rod (Rick's 240 Lector wheel setup,chrome swingarm,Rizoma bars,signal relocators,LED rear lights,V-mod pipes,Custom cut sidemount plate,11.5" SmoothRide shocks,spike grips,Custom cut mirrors, 3" tribal forward controls)
http://www.alteredstatedesign.net
killerVRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #28
bwds
brett

Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Good to know,too many people around ready to copy .god I hate that.beastwood had the p.dash he desighned.also if the tank wanted an idea for something to make.quality fuel cell covers for the later model bikes isy thought for something that is begging to be made

P.s hurry up glove boxes ,lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tony
But the F is SO ugly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bwds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:59 AM   #29
Vambo
Banned

Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwds View Post
Good to know,too many people around ready to copy .god I hate that.beastwood had the p.dash he desighned.also if the tank wanted an idea for something to make.quality fuel cell covers for the later model bikes isy thought for something that is begging to be made

P.s hurry up glove boxes ,lol
Agreed, I also dispise a bike loaded with bolt-on, over the counter crap like Kuryakkan and others.
I have been working on fuel cell covers for a while, it's tough to get them looking really natural and flow properly in there and not a "forced" look. I'm on plan C right now.
Vambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:31 AM   #30
luxlamf
Sanctimonious

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
One of my Favs, Gets rid of the horrid allen heads with a simple day at the range shooting my .44 Mag and coming home and cutting the casings down with a mini pipe cutter, pinch the ends a bit with a plier and they stay on nicely.

[IMG]
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72064&d=1172707975[/IMG]

Advertisement