Full face helmet recmondations? - Page 3 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 01-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #31
swampboogiedoug
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I like the Nolan modular. It is not Snell rated only because they don't rate modulars. I like the internal sunshield & flip up front of the modular. No whistling, but it gets as much wind noise as any of the others I've tried.
swampboogiedoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #32
v-tron
The Riding Dutchman

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ROOF Boxer V8

I like the ROOF Boxer V8..best of both worlds! You see them a lot here in Holland.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #33
rc4man
EXCELSIOR

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenT View Post
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...le-helmets.htm

You may want to check out - Web Bike World - they test and review almost every helmet out there.
Great reference
Old 01-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #34
pwrman
Registered Idiot

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I have used several HJC modular helmets none whistled but the older ones had a lot of wind noise at higher speeds. IMO go to some shops and try them on, but keep in mind the shape versus your riding position. Do you ride upright like and R or reclined like the A or DX etc. The shape might be very aero leaning slightly forward but horrible reclined and create lift that will cause fatigue or neck discomfort.
I am eyeballing the Gmax54, anyone have one and care to comment. Reviews seem pretty good.
pwrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #35
pday
(Peter)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have the HJC modular helmet and I like it pretty well. Some times it is a pain in the ass to change from a tinted visor to the clear visor. Can't really speak about the noise factor because I wear ear plugs when I ride even with the helmet, otherwise my ears ring for hours afterward plus I feel like I can hear things around me better (like the engine) without all that wind noise. I also tried the Zox modular unit with the drop down sun visor which is probably what I will get next. That is a nice feature and they are reasonably priced.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:45 PM   #36
Tedhase
Aces & Eights

Bell Rogue - Looks Interesting...

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/20...-rogue-helmet/

Available in Gloss Black, Matte Black, OD Green, and Gunny Gray.
Tedhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #37
vrunner79
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedhase View Post
http://hellforleathermagazine.com/20...-rogue-helmet/

Available in Gloss Black, Matte Black, OD Green, and Gunny Gray.
Looks like it would do a number on your face if you went down but still looks cool
Old 01-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #38
boscoe
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philthy View Post
No one has mentioned AGV helmets. They are Italian, good quality at a reasonable price and quiet.
While accidents happen, Simoncelli losing his AGV lid in the fatal MotoGP crash gives me serious pause.
Besides, they don't really fit me.
boscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:53 PM   #39
tray
That U in my mirror?

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Schuberth C3 on my head!

2006 SE2 - Topless, SERT, Rinehart 2-1, Rick's Tank, Slipper Clutch, Progressive 440's rear with Progressive Fork springs, 8.5" Renegade "Venice" wheel with 260Metz (courtesy of HogPro), Lyndall Brake Pads, Custom Paint by Cutting Edge Illusions (formerly JE Illusions), LED's by Custom Dynamics. Kuryakyn ISO grips and Pegs, GR Custom Side Mount Plate.

You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there. - Edwin Louis Cole
tray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #40
S1wmike
Registered Full

While accidents happen, Simoncelli losing his AGV lid in the fatal MotoGP crash gives me serious pause.

While I have never owned an AGV Helmet, I think using Simocelli fatal accident as a example to avaoid or have concern about AGV 's Quality is unfair and in that particular accident I don't think any manufatures helmet would have stayed on or changed the results of Simocelli's accident. If memory serves me right Dale Earnhardt lost his life due to basicular skull fracture, where the base of the skull is snapped off and severes the spinal cord.

This is not posted to hammer on the OP but to point out that there will be some accidents no matter how much safety gear and who made the safety gear, you still WILL NOT survive it.
S1wmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #41
boscoe
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1wmike View Post

While I have never owned an AGV Helmet, I think using Simocelli fatal accident as a example to avaoid or have concern about AGV 's Quality is unfair and in that particular accident I don't think any manufatures helmet would have stayed on or changed the results of Simocelli's accident. If memory serves me right Dale Earnhardt lost his life due to basicular skull fracture, where the base of the skull is snapped off and severes the spinal cord.

This is not posted to hammer on the OP but to point out that there will be some accidents no matter how much safety gear and who made the safety gear, you still WILL NOT survive it.
As I said, accidents do happen. I'm a racer, I understand that. Still I will not use an AGV helmet because it came off during the crash. End of story. Maybe is was the helmet, maybe it was Simoncelli's hair. I don't care - the helmet came off. It shouldn't.
It's a matter of my personal comfort zone. Racing is risky enough.
BTW, I didn't take your post as a bash. And I wasn't bashing AGV. I didn't say the products suck. I merely said "the crash gives me pause" so I won't wear one.
Entirely different.
boscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #42
rippie74
1130cc is enuff 4 me

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Arai Vector

Iceberg Blue 8K H.I.D. Conversion
Sundowner
Fender Base Plate/Low Sissy Bar/Luggage Rack
UE Trick Tank
Keyless Ignition Upgrade
Slipper Clutch
Drilled Belt Guards
Superchicken covers
100th Anniv. Windshield
Topless
SE2 Cams
Chromex Coated CFR
Amsoil
Metzeler
Screamin Eagle Race Tuner

http://vreelandsharley.com/?page_id=674
rippie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #43
free bird
Registered Full

It depends on the size and shape of your head. Some models fitter better on roux profiles, others on skulls that are shaped like an oval. I have an Arai shaped head, and can ride all day in a Corsair or {profile. I am miserable in a couple of hours in a Fulmer or Bell. Helmets are difficult to buy by mail order without trying one on first and keeping it on your noggin for 15 minutes or so minimum,
Old 01-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #44
Dr Dave
Buy American!

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by free bird View Post
It depends on the size and shape of your head. Some models fitter better on roux profiles, others on skulls that are shaped like an oval.

Best comments yet! Whereas he wears Arai better than Bell, I'm just the opposite.

I had an Arai for a couple of years but it was always too round for my head. I continually bumped my chin on the chin guard. My Bell, Shoei, and Schuberth Ll fit better on me than any Arai I've ever tried, even recently.

Ride it like your life depended on it.
Dr Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:10 AM   #45
free bird
Registered Full

The Shoei Neotech is the best (as in quietest and venting) modular I have worn. It has a flip down sun visor and is expensive, but I figure my head is worth it.
Advertisement