Frame Bag??? - Page 4 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 01-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #46
pday
(Peter)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hquick View Post
Hey Peter...would you be able to get a price on shipping to Melbourne, Australia 3028? USPS is fine. Should only be around $15.
I'll take it if that's the case...thankyou very much
Howard

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Howard, I will go to the UPS store tomorrow and price the shipping. PM me your full address.

Peter
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #47
hquick
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks Peter....but don't ship via UPS....use USPS. UPS charge about 7-8 times the price for small items.
PM sent
Old 01-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #48
Philthy
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxlamf View Post
it doesnt say HArley on it. Was riding with Pascal yesterday and he brought his Vrod that has the terrible beetle bags on it and some guy was talking to him about his bike and this and that and something was said how great the Beetle bags enhanced the bikes style. I had to butt in and correct them both that they are terrible, hold nothing and cost a small fortune to own and NEVER come off which then lead to a very nice conversation about how terrible his bike is, and how many times it says HArley on it (He thought it was just the airbox, left out shield, brak calipers, sprocket guard etc...) It ended up with me and the guy laughing at it and I told him that "HD riders need it to say HArley on them and their bikes at least 3 times on every surface" and we laughed, the guy behind us in his funny denim vest covered in HD patches etc... 3 on back 3 on front and sides didnt seem to think it was funny.
I had the VRSCA hard bags on my R for a time but the way I had them mounted, using the original hardware, wasn't working out. The stock brackets are not tubular steel but solid bar stock. Our mounting solution was a touch lighter than Harleys (cut part of the brackets off and welded them to box section chrome moly so we could screw the brackets to the Sport Saddlebag "keep ons") but still cheesy and much too heavy.

A fabricator friend in Long Beach is in the process of making some really light tubular steel saddlebag brackets for it, really minimalist stuff, tubes and simple mounting ponts with none of the excess steel HD is fond of, and a tubular luggage rack that will look like the Cast Luggage Rack Harley used to sell for the A and B model but discontinued in 2006, only in black powder coated steel tube. Light and strong. He'll also cut a little relief in the right bag to clear the stock exhaust and fab up a small aluminum plate with a clearance dimple in it, then put some BMW gas tank heat insulation inside the bag to protect the cargo from exhaust heat (I melted something inside the bag and melted a hole in the bag bringing this project to him, lol. I thought I had the clearance worked out before.)

My friend laughed while hefting the big chrome P&A Base Plate and luggage rack. There is a sticker warning you not to carry more than ten pounds on the luggage rack. His comment:

"Harley needs ten pounds of metal to carry a ten pound load"

Not when he is done with it.

Lockable storage is a good thing, even on a motorcycle. Mine might be one of the very few HDs that doesn't look the part in any way.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #49
pipps83
Registered Full

If someone are willing to "give away" his framebag i would gladly accept it and i will pay for shipping as well.
pipps83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #50
harleynurse
caferacer

Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblackcpa View Post
I heard a little about an alternative mount, harleynurse. Can you tell me a littlle more?
Leatherneck Jim's sells the Leatherworks bag for the same price and since he is a vet., I wanted to support him.
ELUSIVE 1 has just posted two pictures of "right sided glovebox "in the bagger section. Evidently, Erik/E1 is keeping the mounting system top secret....till March 2013. E1 is also working on the Left glovebox. There will be optional bag/box materials to choose from,composite or leather .
03VRSCA sold after 50,000 miles.
harleynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:16 PM   #51
Ernie82
boredom kills

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleynurse View Post
....Evidently, Erik/E1 is keeping the mounting system top secret....till March 2013. E1 is also working on the Left glovebox. There will be optional bag/box materials to choose from,composite or leather .
interesting

03 with lots of chrome
07 GT500 Convertible
disposable late model commuter cars
CBR954RR - sold
I edit typos not content
Ernie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #52
ELUSIVE 1
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie82 View Post
interesting

Here's a glimpse of the general shape & size of the "right sided glovebox". As seen,the passenger foot peg is maintained with ample room for her foot. I've a 32 inch inseam and my right thigh touches outer anterior corner when feet flat on pavement. I'll streamline the front end some more for vertically challenged riders(shorty).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130113_150509.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	221.1 KB
ID:	194993   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130113_150445.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	329.1 KB
ID:	195001  
Old 01-14-2013, 01:09 AM   #53
knight rod rob
Registered Full

Bill it will work,use a needle and thread to pull strap by fuel tank and if u have a dx the black
electrical tape can be used to protect belt guard and frame
knight rod rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:23 AM   #54
luxlamf
Sanctimonious

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Wow, so we went from Saddle Bags to Trunks to Windshields to Dashboards and now Glove Boxes? Fock people buy a goddamned car what the fock? A Focking Glove Box?

Old 01-14-2013, 02:00 AM   #55
BT
I lift heavy things.

Quote:
Wow, so we went from Saddle Bags to Trunks to Windshields to Dashboards and now Glove Boxes? Fock people buy a goddamned car what the fock? A Focking Glove Box?

Its a side mounted bag.......happy ? hahaha
BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:17 AM   #56
luxlamf
Sanctimonious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tony View Post
Its a side mounted bag.......happy ? hahaha
No apparently it's a Box
Old 01-14-2013, 02:27 AM   #57
Vambo
Banned

Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:

Hillbilly Hawgs!
Vambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:48 AM   #58
luxlamf
Sanctimonious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
Hillbilly Hawgs!
Hillbillies wear gloves now?
Old 01-14-2013, 03:36 AM   #59
Vambo
Banned

Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Hillbillies wear gloves now?
They don't?
Vambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #60
ELUSIVE 1
Lifetime Premium

Quote:

Clarification.....The "glovebox" is in the same location as the "solo-bag" or "frame bag". Call it what you want,it serves the same purpose as a storage bag or box or container....or in LUX's case, a "holster" for his 44mag & ammo Thanks.
Advertisement