Vance & Hines help... - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCR
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 01-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #16
Nevr_Enuf
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey, all. Been researching for a different exhaust and interested in the Vance and Hines 2 - 1. Especially since they can be found at a great price. However only the 17555 seems to be available so looks like I would need the 17535 brackets. Running into dead ends every where so hoping someone here can help me out. If no brackets available then how difficult would it be to modify. Anyone done that?
Thanks, Dan
Nevr_Enuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #17
RF_R_US
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevr_Enuf View Post
Hey, all. Been researching for a different exhaust and interested in the Vance and Hines 2 - 1. Especially since they can be found at a great price. However only the 17555 seems to be available so looks like I would need the 17535 brackets. Running into dead ends every where so hoping someone here can help me out. If no brackets available then how difficult would it be to modify. Anyone done that?
Thanks, Dan
...guess you have called V&H, no ??? You mainly have to clear the rear set brake lever on any exhaust not made for an "R". My Rinehart was for the "other" Vrods and I got it to fit by just adjusting the angle of the muffler on the pipe and changing the mounting hole location on the bracket. Search for the Rinehart thread on here as there is a nice description and pictures of how to modify the brake lever to fit (which I didn't have to do). Keep us posted you'll find a way to get a pipe on your "R".

John
"D" headlight, Kuryakan LED mirrors, Heavycycles Stage II Tail Light, Rinehart 2:1, Works Custom 14.25" Shocks, Racetech Forks (best investment $$$ can buy), Wicked Airbox, Thundermax (now I can REALLY screw up this bike), etc., etc.

Other Fossil Fuel Burning Toys: '95 GPZ1100, '96 KLR650, '73 Chevy Nova SS yeah it's :bad:
RF_R_US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #18
Nevr_Enuf
Registered Full

Thanks, John....I did try V&H but got the expected answer. Both the 17555 & 17535 have been discontinued and no brackets left. I'm just wondering how difficult could it be to modify or custom build a bracket? Tempting to just order the pipes and give it a whirl. And what do you plug the 02 holes with?
Anyone have pics of the 17535 bracket? Guess I have plenty of time to explore options as riding season is still several months away.
Dan
Old 01-06-2013, 02:54 AM   #19
tbird113
USMC Tanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-D Heathen View Post
This isn't going to sound the way I mean for it to sound, so don't be offended.

There's no such thing as a '08 Street Rod.

The VRSCR models were only produced in 2006 & 2007. The frames (among other things) on the Street Rods are different from the frames on the earlier & the later models of the VRSC line.MY frame tag says 11/04. I thought they were the same until the 240 tire frame ?

I do not know if a pipe meant for a later model can be installed,though I suspect it maybe possible.
tbird113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #20
H-D Heathen
Asatruar

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird113 View Post
MY frame tag says 11/04. I thought they were the same until the 240 tire frame ?
Fixed your post,when you quoted me you made it appear that I said the above.

VRSCR frames are different from the other 180 tire frames.

"Not everybody likes us...but we drive some folks wild ! "- Hank III

2006 VRSCR-"Not another black V Rod..."
H-D Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #21
tbird113
USMC Tanker

Thanks for the correction. A parts guy gave me gave me bad info.
tbird113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #22
FastVRJohnny
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevr_Enuf View Post
Thanks, John....I did try V&H but got the expected answer. Both the 17555 & 17535 have been discontinued and no brackets left. I'm just wondering how difficult could it be to modify or custom build a bracket? Tempting to just order the pipes and give it a whirl. And what do you plug the 02 holes with?
Anyone have pics of the 17535 bracket? Guess I have plenty of time to explore options as riding season is still several months away.
Dan
Keep an eye on ebay, the 535 pipe is often found there nib. I got mine last August for 400.00 shipped.
FastVRJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:18 AM   #23
CPTJAM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Amazon.com for $180. Make the bracket out of scrap aluminum. Takes 15 minutes to cut to fit, and drill 2 holes. Joe
TRAVELER: 2006 Roadrod VRSCR, Custom painted Ultrawhite, TTS Supercharger version2.0, TMAX, K&N, Supertrapp V5 exhaust, Pondo Caps, HC Stage II V LED tailight, "A" model bars, Corbin seat, luggage rack, Sumax bags, chrome peg mounts, '08 "D" wheels, polished, rear pulley by Pondo. Slipper clutch. More to come! Old Dyno results: 155 HP 86#TQ
COMET: 2009 AW, painted ultrawhite, a work in progress....105.18 HP, 73.98 torque;
CPTJAM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #24
Nevr_Enuf
Registered Full

Been watching the auctions sites and did notice there were a few completed systems on ebay that sold cheap, so I'll bide my time and see what comes up.
Joe, did you see a 2 into 1 on Amazon recently? I looked and nothing right now. 180 would be killer. Hell, I'd attach it with an old clothes hanger for that price.
Thanks for the advice and help.
Dan
Old 01-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #25
FastVRJohnny
Banned

What bracket is unique to the R? The frame or the passenger peg bracket?
Old 01-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #26
Dancing Dogs
Locktite Queen

Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Sorry, i'm not on the forum very often.....The mounting bracket between the pipe and the lower frame is different. I managed to get the last R bracket from Vance and Hines. The R bracket is significantly different. I installed the pipe last winter and if I recall correctly the mounting bolt pattern is wider for the R than the D. also, the bracket shapes are very different.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #27
FastVRJohnny
Banned

I have my exhaust almost off, when I get to the bracket, I could pull it off for pics and measurments.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #28
Nevr_Enuf
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastVRJohnny View Post
I have my exhaust almost off, when I get to the bracket, I could pull it off for pics and measurments.
That would be great. I came across a universal exhaust bracket on the JC Whitney site and if I could see your pics that might tell me if it could work.
Thanks!

http://www.jcwhitney.com/bikerxxs-ch...61162y2006u0j1
Old 01-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #29
Topless67
Registered Full

Dancing Dogs,

Is it just the lower pipe bracket that requires mods? Did the bracket for the muffler fit okay?

I have a 17535 and a FuelPak sitting in my garage awaiting installation on an 07 R - I pulled the trigger on eBay based on some of the comments from other members in this string.

I have not pulled my stock pipe off and trying to gather as much info as possible before I start throwing wrenches through the drywall.

Thanks,

J
Topless67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #30
Nevr_Enuf
Registered Full

Hey, Topless67!
I see you're in the Seattle area too. Am also in the process of changing out my exhaust to a V&H 2 into 1 but ordered the 17555 since the price was right and no 17535 to be found at a reasonable price. Would love to see your bracket as I will have to modify one to make my system fit. PM me if you want to get in touch, maybe I could lend a hand if you're nearby.
You should have everything you need with the 17535 kit. Have done the research.
Thanks,
Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement