Frame Bag??? - Page 3 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 01-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #31
BT
I lift heavy things.

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblackcpa View Post
Are you sure you're not looking for the nice leather bag that mounts on the left. I have one and love it. Check out Leatherneck Jims. Here's the link: http://leatherneckjims.com/shop/inde...roducts_id=333
Comes with Bad Boy Studs........hahaha....
BT is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #32
luxlamf
Sanctimonious

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Are you sure you're not looking for the nice leather bag that mounts on the left. I have one and love it. Check out Leatherneck Jims. Here's the link: http://leatherneckjims.com/shop/inde...roducts_id=333
They are nicest I have seen, been on quite a few models actually even a Exile cycle and it didnt take away from the bikes style at all. The plain black ones anyways

Old 01-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #33
Philthy
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxlamf View Post
They are nicest I have seen, been on quite a few models actually even a Exile cycle and it didnt take away from the bikes style at all. The plain black ones anyways

18th Century eqestrian luggage on a 21st Century motorcycle doesn't take away from the style?
Old 01-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #34
luxlamf
Sanctimonious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philthy View Post
18th Century eqestrian luggage on a 21st Century motorcycle doesn't take away from the style?
Yes without the dopey pirate/Ben Franklin buckles and rivets and studs these types love so much for some reason. None of them look good, this one is least offensive and looks like it actually carries something.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:07 AM   #35
BT
I lift heavy things.

Quote:

Now that is fuccin funny !
Old 01-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #36
tblackcpa
Registered Full

I guess it depends on whether you want to ride or show. I've been riding Harleys for 30+ years. I used old-school "equestrian" "leather" saddlebags for years. Bikes were called "iron horses". First thing we did to our Harleys was remove the turn signals. V-Rods look great with some old-school touches, too. That includes chrome. Anybody out there ever heard of Dave Mann? Man. I'm getting old....

Last edited by tblackcpa; 01-06-2013 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Rant
tblackcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:45 AM   #37
Z06_Pilot
Premium Member

Quote:
All suck, all wear the finish off the frame.

Especially this POS
I also have the Solo swingarm bag on mine, from the Leatherworks Inc folks. I also put a strip of the clear 3m protection film on my swingarm so the bag won't rub. Works great, and the film goes off/on very easily.

..."took a bead on the northern plains and just rolled that power on...." Bob Seger, "Roll Me Away"
Z06_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #38
Ernie82
boredom kills

Such an innocuous subject, yet somehow not so much.

03 with lots of chrome
07 GT500 Convertible
disposable late model commuter cars
CBR954RR - sold
I edit typos not content
Ernie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:31 AM   #39
drd
Registered Full

will this bag fit a folded up ball cap? always wondered
drd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #40
Philthy
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
I guess it depends on whether you want to ride or show. I've been riding Harleys for 30+ years. I used old-school "equestrian" "leather" saddlebags for years. Bikes were called "iron horses". First thing we did to our Harleys was remove the turn signals. V-Rods look great with some old-school touches, too. That includes chrome. Anybody out there ever heard of Dave Mann? Man. I'm getting old....
It isn't about show dude. Once you have lived with lockable, detachable proper waterproof hard luggage that can be removed from the bike in a couple of seconds and carried into a hotel room like a suitcase, all you can do is laugh at this archaic equestrian crap people stick on bikes. This is an example of an old 47 liter Krauser saddlebag, the first hard bags I had on a bike (after tiring of the lack of utility of leather bags)

If you need storage for small nick knacks, what is wrong with a small magnetic tank bag? 2007 and later the air box lids are steel. I use one from Chase Harper (US made, their factory is in Santa Barbara CA) called the "Stealth" tank bag that works wonderfully. It stays put and doesn't interfere with my riding at all.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #41
luxlamf
Sanctimonious

Quote:
It isn't about show dude. Once you have lived with lockable, detachable proper waterproof hard luggage that can be removed from the bike in a couple of seconds and carried into a hotel room like a suitcase, all you can do is laugh at this archaic equestrian crap people stick on bikes. This is an example of an old 47 liter Krauser saddlebag, the first hard bags I had on a bike (after tiring of the lack of utility of leather bags)

If you need storage for small nick knacks, what is wrong with a small magnetic tank bag? 2007 and later the air box lids are steel. I use one from Chase Harper (US made, their factory is in Santa Barbara CA) called the "Stealth" tank bag that works wonderfully. It stays put and doesn't interfere with my riding at all.

it doesnt say HArley on it. Was riding with Pascal yesterday and he brought his Vrod that has the terrible beetle bags on it and some guy was talking to him about his bike and this and that and something was said how great the Beetle bags enhanced the bikes style. I had to butt in and correct them both that they are terrible, hold nothing and cost a small fortune to own and NEVER come off which then lead to a very nice conversation about how terrible his bike is, and how many times it says HArley on it (He thought it was just the airbox, left out shield, brak calipers, sprocket guard etc...) It ended up with me and the guy laughing at it and I told him that "HD riders need it to say HArley on them and their bikes at least 3 times on every surface" and we laughed, the guy behind us in his funny denim vest covered in HD patches etc... 3 on back 3 on front and sides didnt seem to think it was funny.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #42
harleynurse
caferacer

Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Thumbs up

Quote:
Yes without the dopey pirate/Ben Franklin buckles and rivets and studs these types love so much for some reason. None of them look good, this one is least offensive and looks like it actually carries something.
Just another positive note: I've been in contact with the company's secretary and they say it'll last a lifetime. They never get returns. The leather is top quality hand crafted product . They're deaign has been copied....so beware of imitations. You can email or call them anytime....for questions,even though they're extremely busy.
The company is willing to check out my unique mounting system in the future.
03VRSCA sold after 50,000 miles.
harleynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #43
BT
I lift heavy things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd View Post
will this bag fit a folded up ball cap? always wondered
Yep..........roll the fuccer up though.........apart from brim.....
Old 01-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #44
tblackcpa
Registered Full

I heard a little about an alternative mount, harleynurse. Can you tell me a littlle more?
Leatherneck Jim's sells the Leatherworks bag for the same price and since he is a vet., I wanted to support him.
tblackcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #45
drd
Registered Full

thanks tony
drd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement