V&H 2-1 competition on 2013 VRCSF - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Hi-Performance
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 12-16-2012, 12:36 AM   #1
REMorris

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
V&H 2-1 competition on 2013 VRCSF

I bought this exhaust off eBay and got a good deal. Ok, I do have a possible problem. The part that goes into the head and seats on the carbon gasket is way bigger than the stock exhaust. On this exhaust, do you need to change the carbon mesh gasket that seals the exhaust to the head, or have I just gotten a exhaust set that I can't use without modifying the heads?

I do think if I took out that seal and put a new one in (maybe a 1/2 height exhaust seal), that the exhaust might go in and seal. Of course I didn't get any directions with the V&H exhaust.
REMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
08-105th
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
look on the V&H website, you can download a pdf of the installation instructions.
Vance & Hines 2-1 -- Fuelpack
08-105th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
dmirod
liquid smooth

I had to use 1130 exhaust gaskets on my V&H exhaust. They are thinner and will allow the pipe to sit further in the head so you can get the nuts started on the studs. The 09 and up exhaust gaskets are thicker than the 02-08 gaskets. I just ordered gaskets for an 05b and it worked fine. I have a 12 muscle.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
dmirod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
REMorris

Thanks guys, I went by the local Harley dealer and got the part # 65109-091 as specified in the Vance and Hines instruction sheet from the V&H web site.

OK Rider Shakey, aka:Richard
Old 12-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #5
engineer10
Registered Full

REMorris:
Did your Harley Dealer say anything about voiding your warranty using the comp V&H.
My dealer said they would. I just bought a 13 muscle and was only able to go with the V&H slip ons with the tuner.....
Old 12-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #6
Jet Pilot
Registered Full

I just picked up the comp exhaust off ebay too. There is no instruction sheet on the V&H website. Does anyone have one that they can PM me?
Jet Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:29 AM   #7
REMorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer10 View Post
REMorris:
Did your Harley Dealer say anything about voiding your warranty using the comp V&H.
My dealer said they would. I just bought a 13 muscle and was only able to go with the V&H slip ons with the tuner.....
Well, My 2013 VSRCF was totaled out. So I have zero warranty. I replaced the frame rails, bars and what ever else got trashed and am in process of repainting the airbox cover and fenders.

Richard
Old 12-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #8
REMorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Pilot View Post
I just picked up the comp exhaust off ebay too. There is no instruction sheet on the V&H website. Does anyone have one that they can PM me?
The installation doc is on the V&H site. I will see if I can attach it to you in a pm.
Richard
Old 12-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #9
Shaggyhou
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
REMorris:
For the most part that is a load of crap unless they can prove that your exhaust is what made a part break they can't void your warranty... what dealer are you using?

Chrome Arnotts(Talk to 02man for purchasing at best price),
Ricor 49 MM Intiminator,
Super Brace,
Engineering Artisan Forearms,
"F" wheels,
"F" Exhaust,
Chrome O-ring Footpegs and Shifter,
Sundowner Seat (Rider and Pillion)
and seat baseplate with the Smooth backrest installed.
Shaggyhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #10
lastinline
on the hwy to hell

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggyhou View Post
For the most part that is a load of crap unless they can prove that your exhaust is what made a part break they can't void your warranty... what dealer are you using?
Totally agree bought mine with the V&H installed so why would they install a pipe that would void warranty, if they install it is covered under HD warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #11
Jet Pilot
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by REMorris View Post
The installation doc is on the V&H site. I will see if I can attach it to you in a pm.
Richard
if you cant attach it then if you could just post a link to the page would be great. I was on the V&H site and looking under the VROD 2 into 1 cometition exhaust page, I see the down load section, but it says "no downloads available"
Jet Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #12
slim_b_kool
Registered Full

Quote:
REMorris:
I purchased a 11 DX and had everything out of the SE catalog and the V&H exhaust put on by the dealer and I have the extended warranty. They told me they would stand good for any parts or work they preformed and that was in 2010.
slim_b_kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #13
ItsMeBraulio
W.M.M.F.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Pilot View Post
if you cant attach it then if you could just post a link to the page would be great. I was on the V&H site and looking under the VROD 2 into 1 cometition exhaust page, I see the down load section, but it says "no downloads available"
if you have a docuprinter or a print to file set up under you printer settings you could print a save to PDF If you give me your email address I can email you a copy
ItsMeBraulio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #14
Vinny
spit happens

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Seriously guys, you need instructions to install a set of pipes? It's not rocket science.
And it eats turbos for breakfast
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #15
slim_b_kool
Registered Full

I'm not bashing but to me the muscle should have dual exhaust. I would go with the vance & hines slip-ons. They will give the bike a different sound more power and still keep the muscle look. IMO
slim_b_kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement