new parts - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 01-03-2013, 03:45 AM   #16
joshl1124
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Vambo, perfect. Agreed.

So, what are those extensions? I need some room.(tough to word that correctly)

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
joshl1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 03:49 AM   #17
Vambo
Banned

Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshl1124 View Post
Vambo, perfect. Agreed.

So, what are those extensions? I need some room.(tough to word that correctly)

Do a search here, you'll get a lot of info.
Vambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:03 AM   #18
BT
I lift heavy things.

Subscribed...its getting interesting.

Now back to the bike.....what happened to the frame, punk ?????

BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #19
Dr Dave
Buy American!

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary2012vrod View Post
well got new exhaust on air ride plate frame forward controls here some picts what do u think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
I think that it looks much worse without the front fender.

C'mon man, be creative with your old fender or get another one. Every time that I see a factory bike with the front fender removed it makes me think that the owner is a young punk who wants to be a rebel bit cannot afford to do it right.

The same goes for chain/belt guards or rear fenders removed.

Just to be clear; I'm not calling you a punk. I just think that your bike is calling you a punk and you can't hear it (you're probably going deaf from those straight pipes).
Quote:
Dr Dave, you are a punk for telling a MAN how to run his bike. I took my rear fender off, and I'll ride harder than your grandson on his hover-craft. Never...Knock a mans bike...

Quote:
Vambo, a c'mon man and a punk call out is not constructive... Leave legit criticism and we will respect it. Volley bombs and we will burn you. Opinions are always relative. Yours was better than sir douche.

Let's review.
You asked for opinions.
I gave mine (in which I clearly stated that fenderless bikes make me think of punks, not you).
You got offended and told me that my opinion is not welcome and you called me a punk for giving it.
Then you followed it up by stating that opinions vary.

Take it like a man. You don't need my approval, why then can't you disregard my disapproval? After all, you asked for it.

Ride it like your life depended on it.
Dr Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:16 AM   #20
rejector
Retired/Fired

Fair enough he did ask for advice and got it. That being written name calling aint achieving much beside a response and if you called me a punk those would be the last words coming out of ure cakehole, if in real life not online. Dont get offended and if you do who give a rats ring. In conclusion, we are all different ages and if one chooses to run without a front guard well nature will teach the realities. As for your english inferring a punk if you do this well he done it so its punk or not and dont back track amigos (am learning the new language).

Last edited by rejector; 01-03-2013 at 08:38 AM. Reason: anger management
rejector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #21
Kermit Z
I love this bike!!!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
We all have our views of what a cool bike looks like. To each his own I say. I think the OP's bike looks cool, though I am not a fan of the fender-less look. But truly who cares what I think. I would be more concerned about the damage on the frame.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #22
gary2012vrod
Registered Full

Well first of all thanks for all the comments Let me see if I can answer these all As for big spit I have it haven't had a chance to use it
As for the forward controls their custom made by a guy in Pennsylvania if you want his info shoot me a message
As for the damage to the frame I had CFR 2 into one exhaust on there That's what caused the damage to the frame and I haven't had a chance to clean it up yet On a side note I had to change the exhaust cause with the air ride the exhaust drag the ground on every right hand turn
As for the front fender I didn't like the looks haven't decided what I'm going to do yet Same goes for the belt covers
As far as the pipes being coated It's black powder coat
What's again thanks for the comments but remember it's a work in progress
Old 01-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #23
killerVRod
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I am the guy that makes the controls. Shoot me a PM or email me at keithmcelhinney@hotmail.com.

I don't know what happened and people just like stirring sh!t but to me it would have been more constructive to say "I don't like bikes without front fenders" instead of trying to slam your opinion down somebody else's throat by being rude. Gary is a great guy and is doing a lot of work on his bike. Whether or not it is your cup of tea, it is his. I think it looks great (other than the rust thing which he is fixing).

-Keith
Custom Lapis Blue V-Rod (Rick's 240 Lector wheel setup,chrome swingarm,Rizoma bars,signal relocators,LED rear lights,V-mod pipes,Custom cut sidemount plate,11.5" SmoothRide shocks,spike grips,Custom cut mirrors, 3" tribal forward controls)
http://www.alteredstatedesign.net
killerVRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #24
spiritwarrior
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary2012vrod View Post
well got new exhaust on air ride plate frame forward controls here some picts what do u think?
Gary, where did you buy the license plate frame? Been looking, but keep seeing them for 250-300 bucks. To much for a frame. I'm not a loud pipe kinda of guy, but those sure look nice.

Your bike do what makes you happy. Lots of folks on here who think they have the "answer".
Old 01-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #25
gary2012vrod
Registered Full

I got the forward controls and license plate frame From a guy in Pennsylvania named Keith He had the same problem we all do when were tall He couldn't find them so we had a made Is machinist has all the specs and he will gladly make them for you and sell them to you I paid $700 for the controls And the license plate frame It does have an LED light in it And I must say it fits very well It mounts perfectly to the stock shocks But with my air ride I had to modify the spacer But it was no big deal If you want Keith's contact information email me at garygear4881@gmail.com
Old 01-03-2013, 02:33 PM   #26
gary2012vrod
Registered Full

Hey Keith good to see you online didn't notice your post until just now Anyway just to let those other guys know I'm a grown man and you didn't hurt my feelings
Old 01-03-2013, 04:46 PM   #27
killerVRod
Registered Full

Just seemed like some things could have been said in a bit more polite fashion... Haha! Now fix that rust you bum!
Custom Lapis Blue V-Rod (Rick's 240 Lector wheel setup,chrome swingarm,Rizoma bars,signal relocators,LED rear lights,V-mod pipes,Custom cut sidemount plate,11.5" SmoothRide shocks,spike grips,Custom cut mirrors, 3" tribal forward controls)
Old 01-03-2013, 04:46 PM   #28
killerVRod
Registered Full

BTW it was $700 for both the controls and the plate...
Old 01-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #29
Snoozz
Registered Full

What'd you do with the rear turn signals? Did you manage to integrate them into the tail light or just remove them?

Faster than the average bear.
Snoozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #30
gary2012vrod
Registered Full

In Texas turn signals are not required so I took them off for now ill replace them when I do the cust fender and seat
Advertisement