Powervision or SEPST? - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD EFI
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 12-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #16
LL Cool K
Insane inda membrane

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad_nuke View Post
I went ahead and ordered my Power Vision from Indysuperbikes.com for $429.95. As reputable as Fuel Moto is, I couldn't see paying $70.00 more PLUS $14.00 for shipping. I got free shipping from Indy. My exhaust and tuner should be here by the end of the week. Sadly, my family insists they stay under the Christmas tree until the 25th. It's going to be a long December.
Wow...that's about what I paid at FM for it, Stage 1 airfilter kit, V&H Power Duals, and mufflers for my RG when I bought them all as a package....

In loving memory of Betty Boost! 1929-1996
Winner of the 2012 Midwest Thunder7 Johnny Hotfoot Award... Best Rat Bike!

LL Cool K is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #17
LL Cool K
Insane inda membrane

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
The email I sent Jamie was replied to by someone named Brian. Jamie might be on vacation or something. I'm really counting on the forum to help me with this Power Vision thing. I am totally beyond my knowledge level when it comes to understanding turnings and fuel maps and stuff. I've started reading the manual, but without the thing in hand, it's all Greek to me.
It's a piece of cake. Extremely easy. They can walk you through it on the phone if you need it.. Brian is very good.

In loving memory of Betty Boost! 1929-1996
Winner of the 2012 Midwest Thunder7 Johnny Hotfoot Award... Best Rat Bike!

LL Cool K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #18
Rad_nuke
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LL Cool K View Post
Wow...that's about what I paid at FM for it, Stage 1 airfilter kit, V&H Power Duals, and mufflers for my RG when I bought them all as a package....
Ugh! You're killing me, Cool. The PV1 is in the house. V&H 2into1 comp arrives on Monday. I didn't use FM, so I won't have their support. That's why you guys will be hearing from me.

I found some good videos on setting it up on Fuel Moto's website. Hopefully that will be all I need. In the meantime, I need to get Bootcamp running on my MBP so I can use it for the software. I wish these companies would come out with Mac versions of their software.

I noticed that there is no tutorial on the forum for setting up the PV1. I am going to take a bunch of pictures and try to write something up on this as I go.
Rad_nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #19
LNGRO
V2ASYLUM

I just paid $400 flat for a Power Vision and $500 for the stage II cam kit. I'm running a custom 2-1 exhaust fabricated by a friend of mine. There basically straight pipes with a reversion plate to help with back pressure. VERY LOUD. been running without a tuner for some time now. Once I get everything installed ill be checking in with you guys for tips and advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 01-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #20
Rad_nuke
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNGRO View Post
I just paid $400 flat for a Power Vision and $500 for the stage II cam kit. I'm running a custom 2-1 exhaust fabricated by a friend of mine. There basically straight pipes with a reversion plate to help with back pressure. VERY LOUD. been running without a tuner for some time now. Once I get everything installed ill be checking in with you guys for tips and advice.

Great deal on that PV. I got it and the 2 into 1 exhaust, but they sent me the wrong model exhaust so now I have to wait until next week. I installed the PV. It rocks.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #21
LNGRO
V2ASYLUM

So the install was pretty straightforward??

Old 01-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #22
Rad_nuke
Registered Full

Quote:
So the install was pretty straightforward??

The install was straight forward using the videos to guide you, but if you want to learn how to auto tune and use the features, you HAVE to download the manual from Dynovision's site:

http://www.dynojet.com/PowerVision/p...Power%20Vision
Old 01-02-2013, 12:03 AM   #23
LNGRO
V2ASYLUM

Quote:
The install was straight forward using the videos to guide you, but if you want to learn how to auto tune and use the features, you HAVE to download the manual from Dynovision's site:

http://www.dynojet.com/PowerVision/p...Power%20Vision
So even with a stage II cam install the autotune will compensate?

Old 01-02-2013, 12:19 AM   #24
Rad_nuke
Registered Full

Quote:
So even with a stage II cam install the autotune will compensate?

Now that I can't speak to. I'll defer that to some of these other pros around here. I know with a drilled out exhaust and a high performance air filter, it auto tunes with no probs.

I don't expect any problems when I switch to the V&H 2-1 either. The cam may be a bit more than auto tune is designed for.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #25
Demthios
To boost or not??

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You'll find most of the auto tuners have issues with the Stage 2 Cams. I don't remember hearing anyone running the powervision with them yet. I'm using a Daytona Tech my self and the auto tune seems to work ok.
Demthios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #26
LNGRO
V2ASYLUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demthios View Post
You'll find most of the auto tuners have issues with the Stage 2 Cams. I don't remember hearing anyone running the powervision with them yet. I'm using a Daytona Tech my self and the auto tune seems to work ok.
Well the tuner is coming from Nevada so it should be here in a few days. Not sure where my friend is sourcing my cam kit. Are there places other than H-D that sells them??
Old 01-05-2013, 06:55 AM   #27
drd
Registered Full

How much is the Daytona tuner? You auto tune them stage 2's ?

drd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #28
LNGRO
V2ASYLUM

My cams won't ship out until the 18th. As soon as everything is installed ill post my results.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #29
Demthios
To boost or not??

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drd View Post
How much is the Daytona tuner? You auto tune them stage 2's ?

I picked mine up from Scott when they were on sale, normally wanna say they run like 900. Yes I'm auto tuning my bike with the stage 2 cams. From what I could see from my dyno my afr is just about spot on, will retest again after I replace my broken throttle bodies.
Demthios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:45 AM   #30
FrodTim
Premium Member

Guys I just added the PV tuner to my bike VRSCF equipped with a K&N with the air ox drilled in the front to open it up and Vance and Hines Competition Slips ons. The bike ran great as the factory tune permitted the stock computer to adjust out all of the decel popping and it had great power. After loading the PV and the Tab slip on tune it seems to run a little less evenly. I have done 5 auto tune sessions with each session being saved over the previously "saved" tune. When viewing the maps on the power vision tuner airflow charts the stock tune in the midrange was at 14.6 and the tab tune in the midrange was at 14.5. After 5 sessions of auto tune the airflow chart was IDENTICAL to the tab tune with nothing changed ?!? Any input would be very welcome please !!
FrodTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement