Mid controls - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Big Bore/Turbo/SC/NOS area
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 01-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #1
Reynolds
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mid controls

Will mid controls clear exhaust on trask turbo
Sent from my C771 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #2
Demthios
To boost or not??

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Depends on which mid controls you are talking about, I know that the rizomas will not clear. Not sure about the HD ones. I know guys with the R have put turbos on their bikes.
Demthios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
13btoy
Boosted

I'd like to know as well. I have an 05 A model with the Trask kit and was thinking of maybe converting to mids.

Thanks, Ed
Old 01-31-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
Driftwood
Registered Full

If you want to buy a set of Harley mid controls, I will sell you a set.
Driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:12 AM   #5
The Hooligan

Trask turbo with mid controls.

I've been trying to attach some photo's of my bike but I'm having problems. Anyway when I contacted Trask about the mid pegs with the turbo they said that the exhaust pipe would not interfere when riding the bike, that's not the case at all. The pipe burns the f#%k out of your leg and real bad when at a stop if you put your foot down so you've got to keep your foot on the peg and cock your leg out. Also you have to ride with the edge of your heel on the peg or you melt the back of your boot off. Anyway my mechanic and I made a new pipe that runs down the same way as the HD one did then runs straight along under the mid controls and now its great. Also I had over heating problems when riding hard so I went with pure coolant and removed the tin grills from the viper radiator cover, now it's OK. I'll keep trying to post the photo's
The Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #6
BIG POPPA 66
Registered Full

A picture would be nice if you can figure out how to post it I new it would do that just by looking at the pictures of the turbo on the bike it is made for forward controls looks to be any way
BIG POPPA 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #7
swampboogiedoug
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Mids are no problem with turbo, if fact are probably better. You would be advised to use shields, but they need more air space between the pipe. There is a post & pictures here somewhere.
swampboogiedoug is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement