1370 Project - My Big Build - Page 3 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Big Bore/Turbo/SC/NOS area
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 12-21-2012, 10:22 PM   #31
ThreeSpore
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
5G Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippie74 View Post
5 gallon gas tank?
You know, I thought about it but in the end I don't do enough cruising miles to warrant it, and I have sort of got used to it. My other ride is a 48 Sportster, and that has a 2.1G tank on it - so I am used to pulling into gas stations.
ThreeSpore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #32
ThreeSpore
Premium Member

1370 Project - My Big Build - Part 7

Not a lot tonight - but I did receive a little item I have been mulling over for a while and pulled the trigger on. I really wanted an oil pressure gauge, and was looking for a way to mount it which looked good. I saw this one on ebay for a year or so now, and thought what the hell it is Christmas - http://www.ebay.com/itm/251193994646...84.m1439.l2649
The seller was great, you could order a water temp or oil pressure, and in black or white.

And today it arrived. The quality is great - slightly bigger then I thought, but I guess it needs to be deep to house the full gauge. The gauge is good quality, as all the fitting to fit the VROD, and a bunch of clear instructions. Looking forward to putting it on.

Front View

Rear View

Top View

Bottom View

Accessories
Old 12-22-2012, 06:43 AM   #33
rippie74
1130cc is enuff 4 me

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeSpore View Post
You know, I thought about it but in the end I don't do enough cruising miles to warrant it, and I have sort of got used to it. My other ride is a 48 Sportster, and that has a 2.1G tank on it - so I am used to pulling into gas stations.
When I put in the SE2 cams I had to get gas every 75-80 miles. It was really annoying. I used to get gas @ 110-120 miles. Since the UE install I can go 150-170 miles. I often times cruise on a Saturday & rack up 200+ miles. So it works for me. I thought for sure you'd get one as well. I gotta believe that a 1370 BB is gonna drink a lot more gas than a Sportster. Ya know?

Iceberg Blue 8K H.I.D. Conversion
Sundowner
Fender Base Plate/Low Sissy Bar/Luggage Rack
UE Trick Tank
Keyless Ignition Upgrade
Slipper Clutch
Drilled Belt Guards
Superchicken covers
100th Anniv. Windshield
Topless
SE2 Cams
Chromex Coated CFR
Amsoil
Metzeler
Screamin Eagle Race Tuner

http://vreelandsharley.com/?page_id=674
rippie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #34
Topless67
Registered Full

What an awesome winter project... Weather sucks out here 10 months out of the year and to think I used to ride year around.

Keep up the great posts an pics - maybe I will see you on the road sometime.
Topless67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #35
DungeonWorks
20 Eyes in my Head

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Very cool stuff!!!
DungeonWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #36
ARTSBEST

Build

I applaud your work and the updating on your project. You're one hard worker for sure. What type of monies are we talking here on projects such as yours?
ARTSBEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #37
Ozracer
Night Rod Muscle

Bloody nice build mate watching with interest Im still trying to work out blower, turbo or BB. I like the clean look of the big bore.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #38
ThreeSpore
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozracer View Post
Bloody nice build mate watching with interest Im still trying to work out blower, turbo or BB. I like the clean look of the big bore.
I was tossing the idea of a turbo, and still may be in the future an option but for now I agree the BB provided the big HP numbers with the original look, and more inline to my experience in builds.

And love that your from Adelaide mate, was raised in ingle farm myself before heading to Sydney and then over here in Seattle! Enjoy the summer, it has rained for the last 20 days straight here.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #39
ThreeSpore
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTSBEST View Post
I applaud your work and the updating on your project. You're one hard worker for sure. What type of monies are we talking here on projects such as yours?
Too much! I used to keep track but I got slack. However I do have all the receipts stored so I will total it up in the end when I can just go what the hell
Old 12-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #40
ThreeSpore
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippie74 View Post
When I put in the SE2 cams I had to get gas every 75-80 miles. It was really annoying. I used to get gas @ 110-120 miles. Since the UE install I can go 150-170 miles. I often times cruise on a Saturday & rack up 200+ miles. So it works for me. I thought for sure you'd get one as well. I gotta believe that a 1370 BB is gonna drink a lot more gas than a Sportster. Ya know?
Lol, you talked me into it. Dropped my interest into the upcoming ricks tank group but. Damn bike
Old 12-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #41
ThreeSpore
Premium Member

1370 Project - My Big Build - Part 7

Not a lot of movement over the Christmas break, but 2 excellent things happened.

I got my engine parts from Scott!

Main Bearings have been pinned

4.25" bore ready for sleeves

and head work complete (+1 Valves and Mike Jones Beehive springs)

Time to prep them up, and going to black out the engine and heads to match the new colour scheme of the bike.

AND, to add to that - I got an amazing Christmas present. A while back I had to pull out on Johnny Hotfoot's Boss Noss system due to some unexpected drama needing me to hold some bank notes tight. While that happily passed, I still had the Nos bug. Then Christmas day, I found this simply put on my workbench

A friggen Boss Noss stealth kit! My wonderful wife crawled through my chicken scratches of build notes and managed to even get the elusive Boss guys on the phone. Make sense now when she asked me about it one night and what the difference between the kits were, and if I had the chance to buy one again which one I would go for! So to complete my set, today I pulled the trigger on a mini progressive NOS controller to help control this new beast. Cant wait to wire that in and play!
Old 12-28-2012, 11:56 AM   #42
FABSTER
King of High C's!

Feedback Score: 31 reviews
DAFOKINFOQ?!?!?!

Your wife is a filthy creature from hell!!!! REPENT!!!! (...and send her to me for therapy)

FABSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #43
Karzza
all or nothing

Is the rear cyl's oil jet (brass) loose?
Can you turn it by fingers.

Service shop manual page 3-86 picture 3-219.

300rwhp, E85 fuel
Falicon +3/8" full circle, K1, ceramic CP 4.25" pistons
Billet oil-pan, pinned cases and ceramic bearings, 12mm head and main studs
Jones cams, SuperAlloy valves, titan retainers, springs
Turbo Garret GT2560R, water cooled
16 Psi Forge waste gate and BOV, Valeo i-cooler
Black Ops 172lb/hr injectors, Wabro 255lph pump
Porsche tbo 5bar fuel regulator
Daytona VRFIgen3 ECM, KMS 3bar MAP.
11 plates carbon fibre lock-up, billet basket
Str cut 2nd,
K&M plenum and -brace
Karzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:43 AM   #44
ThreeSpore
Premium Member

Oil jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karzza View Post
Is the rear cyl's oil jet (brass) loose?
Can you turn it by fingers.

Service shop manual page 3-86 picture 3-219.
Tried turning both of them and they wont budge.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:18 AM   #45
ThreeSpore
Premium Member

1370 Project - My Big Build - Part 8

Taken some time off over Christmas and the New Year, and now I am back to it. During that time had a few other goodies arrived as well.

Got a water temp gauge integrated into the horn cover from Fabster

And also, a Dutchrod's DutchCustom Guage Led kit (http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=dutch)

So I spent the first night back on the job by drilling some holes into a new set of drag bars. My originals while excellent to look at with no rise, were quite hell to ride with. The new ones have a 2 inch rise – still have the drag lines but will be more comfortable. Cables ran through, and hand controls bolted on and we are set to go.

Then, spent pretty much 30 mins adding in the Customer Led Kit into my Gauge. Really straightforward, and looking forward to see the results when I have the electrics hooked up.

So tonight, after washing all my main engine parts, I cracked onto the build. Wanted to get the input an output shaft into the lower crankcase tonight. Started with my nice clean lower crankcase

And fixed in my new actuator (quite different to the old one from the 2003) and updated drum

And then the gear selectors (with the new updated 4th/5th Shift fork, which has a lot more meat on it then the original)

and dropped in both shafts

tested to ensure the gears were engaging which all looked good. Not a bad start to the engine rebuild - and onto the weekend where I hopefully will be able to break the back of lower/upper crankcase build!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement