American Motorcyclist Association - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 01-30-2009, 11:25 PM   #16
msn1977
2008 Anv.

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broondog View Post
Have I heard correctly that the current AMA president has decided to give up on the fight to allow loud pipes and join the lobbying to make them illegal?? If so, that is a radical departure. Just wondering if anyone knows for sure......Also am planning a very long road trip for this summer through many parts of Colorado, but have heard that not only in Boulder but in Denver, tickets are given on the spot for loud pipes. And expensive too. Any truth to that AMA members??
I know they will give Coloradns a ticket in Boulder. I don't think that Denver is that bad. I have heard some very load pipes down there. Those from Denver may be able to fill you in some more. From my experiance if you have out of state tages you will be ok.
msn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2009, 12:18 AM   #17
badluck1
Retired!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoniMaroni View Post
I really want to join a club, but can't decide between the AMA, Warlocks, Mongols, and the Outlaws. Any suggestions?
Is this a serious question? I hope not.
badluck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #18
DTHDOC
WHATEVER

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
AHHHHHH the 99% ers!!
Old 04-30-2009, 04:03 PM   #19
vesteroid
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
I need your restraining order my neighbor calls the sheriff every time I start my bike 185 calls in 1 year, but then it is wacked out Boulder ! where every tree hugger in the us must live and I moved here from wyo. go figure.
One side of me would want to go do a burnout in his driveway.

But I know thats not the proper thing to do.

the other side of me sort of understands. I have a neighbor who has one of those hopped up little cars (I dont know what kind) but anyway it has a very loud set of pipes on it. What gets me is the fact that he seems to go to work everyday really late in the evening around 12pm and starts his car and lets it warm up for 5 minutes some times prior to leaving.

when I am asleep it often wakes me up from the noise. In some ways I want to do something about it, but then I remember I have a very loud bike and maybe he doesnt want to hear mine start up and run either. (I go to work at 5:30 am)

some days I really do think we would all be better off with quiet exhaust, then I go ride my turbo and forget all about it....go figure.

"I've seen the V-rod and the damage done"
vesteroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:25 PM   #20
RF_R_US
Lifetime Premium

Well we are among you brother. Lived in Boulder from '02 through '08 then due to a change in marriage situation, had to sell my two expensive homes in Boulder and move to Longmont. Heh, come on up, there are a bunch of us Boulder refugees living up off of Airport Blvd. in Longmont.

Cheers,

John
"D" headlight, Kuryakan LED mirrors, Heavycycles Stage II Tail Light, Rinehart 2:1, Works Custom 14.25" Shocks, Racetech Forks (best investment $$$ can buy), Wicked Airbox, Thundermax (now I can REALLY screw up this bike), etc., etc.

Other Fossil Fuel Burning Toys: '05 FLHCUI, '96 KLR650, '73 Chevy Nova SS yeah it's :bad:
RF_R_US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:53 PM   #21
Buzz Kanter
Street Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Rod View Post
The AMA protects your right to ride. We fight bike bans, land closures, health-care discrimination against motorcyclists, and more. Plus, the AMA is committed to providing the best benefits possible for its members to save them time and money. We are also dedicated to amateur racing, providing amateur competitors and their families, friends and fans with exciting and enjoyable racing events that create lifelong memories. We also publish American Motorcyclist magazine, which focuses on the accomplishments of our members in all forms of riding, whether it's racing, cross-country touring or trail riding. The AMA is dedicated to all these things, and more. After all, we love to ride.

www.AmericanMotorcyclist.com
Who are you and what's the purpose of this post? I am a member of the AMA but think this is pretty worthless here.
Motorcycle Bagger
Buzz Kanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:58 PM   #22
RF_R_US
Lifetime Premium

That is TRULY bizarre, as I lived in Boulder from 03 'til 08 and never, ever had my neighbors complain about my bikes. Is your bike extremely loud??? Maybe the fact I could explain to my tree hugger neighbors that they WERE being ripped off at the BMW, Subaru, Volvo, Saab, dealership because they didn't know anything about cars, motorcycles, or bicycles for that matter (are you somewhat gay if you can't adjust controls on a bicycle???). Anyway, enjoy Boulder, I miss it as I had to move to Longmont after my divorce, but found a neighborhood of Boulder refugees just like myself up here at Airport Road and Nelson, only 8 miles from NW Boulder!

Cheers,

John (AMA lifetime member)
"D" headlight, Kuryakan LED mirrors, Heavycycles Stage II Tail Light, Rinehart 2:1, Works Custom 14.25" Shocks, Racetech Forks (best investment $$$ can buy), Wicked Airbox, Thundermax (now I can REALLY screw up this bike), etc., etc.

Other Fossil Fuel Burning Toys: '05 FLHCUI, '96 KLR650, '73 Chevy Nova SS yeah it's :bad:
RF_R_US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:52 PM   #23
Ernie82
boredom kills

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
I need your restraining order my neighbor calls the sheriff every time I start my bike 185 calls in 1 year, but then it is wacked out Boulder ! where every tree hugger in the us must live and I moved here from wyo. go figure.
Never nknew Boulder was so out there. I made out to Rumble in the Rockies (Durango, Co 2005) had a good time.

03 with lots of chrome
07 GT500 Convertible
disposable late model commuter cars
CBR954RR - sold
I edit typos not content
Ernie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #24
105goldenrod
Lifetime Premium

I have lived in Denver for awhile before and after they passed the ordinance against excessive noise and every motorcycle rider I knew had least worried about it, but since then I haven't heard of one biker that has got a ticket or has been singled out because of loud pipes unless they were making a ASS out themselves with their bike . The law don't have special setups on the street or the higway's of Denver or Colorado that I know of just for testing motorcycle exhaust noise . Enjoy Colorado when you come on vacation and act responsable , like everywhere else in the in this great country.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #25
Smokedog
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Kanter View Post
Who are you and what's the purpose of this post? I am a member of the AMA but think this is pretty worthless here.
Its spam , Plain and Simple . The AMA has been losing members for years . At a very high rate I might add. After how they have treated the " Hall of Fame " and American road racing . I would not ever encourage anyone to join. ( I am a card holding member though )

Here is a great write up on the subject
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2011/...lifemember.htm
Smokedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:55 AM   #26
H-D Heathen
Asatruar

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I'm a AMA Full Life member & former Road Rep (they're known as "Field Reps" now.) I've all the membership benefits that yearly members get,with the exception of the Roadside Assistance benefit they began offering to members.

To get that I'd need to become a "Life Member Plus" as mentioned in the link in the preceding post.

The Charter Life members(25+ yrs) technically never were included in the magazine's distribution. Though in practice if they asked, it was sent to them. I believe this changed sometime after Ed Youngblood & Rob Rasor left.

I too am less than impressed with current CEO Dingman & his policies and actions.

However,the AMA has had a policy against excessive noise for decades. http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/...tionstatements They also promote voluntary helmet usage. The Association was instrumental in the repeal of mandatory helmet laws along with the different State MRO's. (ABATE, et al.) They still are active in supporting the rights of all motorcyclists on more fronts than some imagine.

It's still a good organization.

"Not everybody likes us...but we drive some folks wild ! "- Hank III

2006 VRSCR-"Not another black V Rod..."
H-D Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement