F speedo on older models? - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 12-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
jlyons
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
F speedo on older models?

I always liked the look of the F speedo and wondering if it would fit my 06 A model. It looks like it has a 12 pin connector in the back. Does anyone know if pin and mounting would work if I were to buy it? Is mileage stored in the unit or off master computer?

Model number is 71962-09
Thanks in advance
jlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 03:27 AM   #2
Vambo
Banned

Feedback Score: 21 reviews
You can make anything work.
Vambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:09 AM   #3
DUTCHROD
SpeedoDocter

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Just not those that dont want to work ...

Connector is the same. pinlayout is the same. Milage is stored in the instrument module.
wiring harness to speedo has not changed from 2002 (eccept SE speedo's and those that are not the familiar shape on the bars)

best fit as replacement on 2007 and later models since these speedo's are internal electronicly the same. even the 07R and all years F models because just the dial's different and the needle sweep is differently programmed.
wil also work on 2002 and later but have seen small differences in gas level. though i have read it works with no problems

Seen a few on Ebay but never cheap. dealer can order one with the housing and bezel you need. he can order it new milage corrected.

It's not inpossible to have miles added to a speedo. Out of fun i made a simple circuit and wired up my old ECM on the bench on a 12 volt power supply and it does add about 5K in a night. have a test speedo hooked up running max speed having 500000+ miles on the odo now
I thaught that it would be possible to have this made for selfcorrecting speedo's on the bike plugged in the speedsensor connector but than the ignition needs to stay on on a tender and light bulbs turned out.

Idea..If you have me do a color change overhere i can add miles or Km's in the same go.

-Crazy Colors gauge kits for all VR speedo's - BRIGHT!! A cruel cool easy DIY project. >Tread<

website's 'News' page :
- 'DCL-BLF1' Plug 'n Play Brakelight modulator with over 115 patterns and settings
- 'DCL-HLS1' Headlight Switch for HID's
- Electronic software conversion service of MPH to KPH speedo's ! have yours done combined with a light kit now!

- soon: load equalizer
DUTCHROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:31 AM   #4
Vambo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUTCHROD View Post
Just not those that dont want to work ...
Those are the only ones worth making work!
Old 12-25-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
DUTCHROD
SpeedoDocter

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
aint that slavery?

-Crazy Colors gauge kits for all VR speedo's - BRIGHT!! A cruel cool easy DIY project. >Tread<

website's 'News' page :
- 'DCL-BLF1' Plug 'n Play Brakelight modulator with over 115 patterns and settings
- 'DCL-HLS1' Headlight Switch for HID's
- Electronic software conversion service of MPH to KPH speedo's ! have yours done combined with a light kit now!

- soon: load equalizer
DUTCHROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
Vambo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUTCHROD View Post
aint that slavery?
I'm sure that'll ruffle some righteous feathers......................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement