NEW custom gauge face - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 12-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #16
MacEwen

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey thanks for sharing.

Do the Vrod pointers zero themselves? Meaning does the armature shaft return to zero position, so you can maintain calibration? Or did you have to power them up with inputs reading zero (or known) reading when you put your pointers back on? Any trial and error?

I'm trying to find out a bit about these units.

thanks!
MacEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #17
Luvmy04VRod
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 17 reviews
IF memory serves me correct Ghost Rider use to have some gauge faces. Not anymore according to their web site. Dont see it there any more??
PROUD Member Post #149 Las Vegas, NV.

Lord forgive me for what I am about to do but these b@sterds must die!
I will NEVER apologize nor waste my time defending my God-given right to keep and bear arms; The more and bigger the arms, the better
!!
Luvmy04VRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #18
bigrog74
slave to the grind

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEwen View Post
Hey thanks for sharing.

Do the Vrod pointers zero themselves? Meaning does the armature shaft return to zero position, so you can maintain calibration? Or did you have to power them up with inputs reading zero (or known) reading when you put your pointers back on? Any trial and error?

I'm trying to find out a bit about these units.

thanks!
RSC has done a tutorial about this. mark them with a ruler before you take them off that way you can put them back when you reassemble it.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #19
DUTCHROD
SpeedoDocter

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Welcom MacEwen! RSC made a video when he did put my ledboard in. it's on his youtube channel but in this link he shows the links to his vids...Also check the downloadable manual i have on my website(see colored link below.. PDF manual on the products page). it's made for that reason (just more ways to do it)

When you reassemble you need to have the needles on top of the shaft about in the right position. Then connect the gauges and switch on the ignition in acc setting.. the needles do a full sweep and align in a default position. you need to check if the needles are not off.. or replace the needle a bit and switch off on again for the next sweep untill all needles are returning to dead zero...

The spoon thing looks good but that shaft will turn when you push it back on... slight chance it's good the first time without checking. and also dont know what the spoon wil scratch on the front.. take caution with that.

-Crazy Colors gauge kits for all VR speedo's - BRIGHT!! A cruel cool easy DIY project. >Tread<

website's 'News' page :
- 'DCL-BLF1' Plug 'n Play Brakelight modulator with over 115 patterns and settings
- 'DCL-HLS1' Headlight Switch for HID's
- Electronic software conversion service of MPH to KPH speedo's ! have yours done combined with a light kit now!

- soon: load equalizer
DUTCHROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #20
thetryal
F2NV

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
there was also a member, gravestarr, who made custom plates. when putting the needles back it can be kinda tedious. just mark where they were. also if you have a pc5 or other tuner, plug in your computer and check the rpms at idle for accuracy. and use a gps for accuracy of speed.

looks good
K&N filter
Topless ( . ) ( . )
Chrome Arnotts
Hanny risers
Electronic cruise control
thetryal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #21
hquick
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have 2 of the faceplates made by Gravestarr....if anyone wants them....$25 for both! (I paid twice that but won't be using them).
Advertisement