1.75" Lowering Kit - Page 5 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCR
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 12-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #61
FastVRJohnny
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Speaking of which, if anybody is interested, I'll sell my chrome Tamarack 1.75" for 50.00. I don't need it anymore.

FastVRJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #62
BIG POPPA 66
Registered Full

what did they set you back?? did you have to special order them would like some for my F
BIG POPPA 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #63
FastVRJohnny
Banned

I paid less than $800.00 for mine.

Not sure if Ohlins makes a set for the F. They do make them for the DX though.

VRSCDX Night Rod Special* 2007-2012 HD 928 S36DR1L $ 909
12 1/2+1/4 2 5/8
Old 12-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #64
Nor'easter
Live Free Or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastVRJohnny View Post
Speaking of which, if anybody is interested, I'll sell my chrome Tamarack 1.75" for 50.00. I don't need it anymore.

That's a great deal for Ohlins...is that shock specifically set up (spring/ damping/rebound) for an R, or did you find one the length you wanted?
Nor'easter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #65
gregC.
Registered Full

fastvrjohnny , who did you buy the shocks from ,Ohlins directly or a dealer for Ohlins ? I have dealt with some guy from Fla . , Howard , i'll give his first name , he's a NUT ! , thats why i'am asking from whom did you buy. Thanks , Greg
gregC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #66
FastVRJohnny
Banned

A buddy of mine is an engineer for a local motorcycle company. He ordered directly from Ohlins.

I found a set with 14.25" hole to hole. After some calls to HD and Ohlins in NC, they should work. Weight and shock angles were the big question marks. I can say this, thank god for lighter exhaust, wheels and rotors. But even stock, Ohlins said these shocks are more than Beefy enough to deal with the R.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #67
MNstreetrod
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have the 1.75" tamarack and the corbin hollywood close seat. Dropped a solid 2+" from stock. I like the seat, but it did take about 1000 miles to begin to feel like it is breaking in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
MNstreetrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #68
H-D Heathen
Asatruar

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNstreetrod View Post
I have the 1.75" tamarack and the corbin hollywood close seat. Dropped a solid 2+" from stock. I like the seat, but it did take about 1000 miles to begin to feel like it is breaking in.
In my experiance that's normal for Corbin seats.

"Not everybody likes us...but we drive some folks wild ! "- Hank III

2006 VRSCR-"Not another black V Rod..."
H-D Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #69
Nor'easter
Live Free Or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastVRJohnny View Post
A buddy of mine is an engineer for a local motorcycle company. He ordered directly from Ohlins.

I found a set with 14.25" hole to hole. After some calls to HD and Ohlins in NC, they should work. Weight and shock angles were the big question marks. I can say this, thank god for lighter exhaust, wheels and rotors. But even stock, Ohlins said these shocks are more than Beefy enough to deal with the R.
So they might fit and lower the rear end, but not designed for an R. And what effect does unsprung weight--wheels and rotors have on shock selection? I believed it to be none.
Nor'easter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:14 AM   #70
gregC.
Registered Full

Whats the mod. number for the Ohlins shock you bought ? I know they will match motorcycle & rider wieght for spring & will ask about riding style . Mod. # would be nice to know, thanks ,Greg
gregC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #71
FastVRJohnny
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'easter View Post
So they might fit and lower the rear end, but not designed for an R. And what effect does unsprung weight--wheels and rotors have on shock selection? I believed it to be none.

Sprung Weight: The complete chassis, including all the parts that are suspended above the shock spring, is considered sprung weight. That includes the frame, engine, plastic, controls, saddle, handlebars, upper fork tubes and shock body. It's called sprung weight because springs are used to hold it up and to isolate it from the bumps that the wheels hit.

Unsprung Weight: Unsprung weight is the mass that hangs below the springs (fork legs, hubs, brake calipers, rotors, spokes, rims, swingarm, linkage, tires, tubes and rim locks). Unsprung weight is connected more to the ground than the parts above it. When you hit a bump, unsprung components compress into the chassis to absorb the impact.

Less weight hanging off the suspension allows the suspension to work more freely, thus making the best of your shocks. The combination of my BST wheels and these shocks should be pretty dramatic.

"To make your steering and handling performance easier, it’s as simple as reducing unsprung weight. One way is to exchange your steel rims for lightweight (but pricey), aluminium, or state of the art, carbon fibre rims. These will allow you more precise steering inputs and improved "turning in" characteristics—plus look incredibly sexy on your bike!
Simple weight reduction by way of wheels, is a key concept that many riders overlook—but you probably noticed more and more, that today’s motorcycle models are arriving from the factory with lighter weight wheels. Ducati’s a good example of this using the famed Italian brand Marchesini for most sport/superbike models."
Old 12-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #72
FastVRJohnny
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregC. View Post
Whats the mod. number for the Ohlins shock you bought ? I know they will match motorcycle & rider wieght for spring & will ask about riding style . Mod. # would be nice to know, thanks ,Greg
Greg, I got the HD #907. Ohlins in NC added a heavier spring for the R. Said I didn't need it, but with the 3/4" of travel between the swing arm and tanks, its better to be safe than sorry. If it's too much, Ohlins said they'd replace the spring.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #73
Hogpro
www.hogpro.com

I will take them. Do you take paypal? I have a 2007 R and would love to try them.
hogpro@gmail.com

Hogpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #74
FastVRJohnny
Banned

HP...I sold them yesterday.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #75
Hogpro
www.hogpro.com