Any Interest In Group Buy for LRB rotors? - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 09-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #16
SickRick
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssPetess View Post
I'm definitely interested in all 3 rotors w ti haredware.
2 questions, since these are composites, are they floating disks?
Are there rotor carrier options w regards to color?
They are "floating".

They are Lyndalls "lug drive" system - where the carrier has "lugs" that go through "slots" in the friction material and are held in by a SS Spring "ring".

Kinda hard to explain - and I'm too lazy at the moment to dig up a picture to post.

But float they do.

I would imagine you could order the carrier "naked" if you wanted and PC or Paint it any color you like. I believe standard is black anodize - these are GOOD inorganic ano (i.e.: they don't turn purple with UV exposure). If you decided to re-color a set, I'd take care though with the "lug" part as you don't want to mess up the "float" by screwing with the clearance.

I'm also going to "assume" that the group buy would be for "in-stock" items and would probably (by virtue of the really great pricing) preclude special order stuff (like custom colors).

Rick

Rolling: Penske 8983NR/TD AK-20 Dual-Lyndall Rotors/Red+-Brembo P4/34 Calipers-BST CF's-Ceramic Brngs-Conti RA's- Microline Hydraulics

Looks: Polished SS Bolts-Rizoma Rearset/Pegs-Trucklite/LEDMirrors-LED Tail-BlueLED Gages-PVD Black Fork Tubes-Woodcraft Clip-Ons-NMC Windshield(s)-Cluster Relo- Valentine-1 - Blinder 905c
SickRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #17
Hogpro
www.hogpro.com

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
So it looks like the carrier will have three options and the friction rings will have two options. For the carrier you can have black anodize, chrome, or black chrome. For the friction ring you can have silver or black. As SickRick mentioned I would avoid getting them raw and then doing a special color. The tolerances have to be pretty exact otherwise the function of the rotors will be compromised.

The pricing on the Titanium hardware is not set yet but it looks around $275 for a set of 10 with the special brass tool that is required. I believe LRB is also going to make a stainless set for around half that price. Both of these might take a while (1-3 months) so if you don't want to wait that long I can offer you the chrome Harley ones for $27 (set of 5) or you can use the stock ones. The rotors themselves are either in stock or will be done shortly depending on your combination.

I have enough people committed so far so I will start an official group buy thread. Just PM me, email me at hogpro@gmail.com, or call me at 818-886-6545 to get your order in.
hogpro@gmail.com

Hogpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #18
SickRick
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Good Deal there HogPro.

Glad to see Paul got a Forum Vendor onboard. He can be somewhat difficult to get ahold of sometimes.

Raw wouldn't be that horrible to custom color - you'd just have to make sure to mask off the backside of the carrier/lugs - which means the lugs would show through on the backside of the carrier (which really wouldn't be THAT BIG of a deal actually). Moot point as far as the "options" for the group buy are concerned though.

The Black Anodize are really good quality Ano. Almost 2 years on mine, and no "purple fade" (wish I could say as much for my Penske rear shocks). Chrome is - well - chrome. As long as you don't mind the upkeep, it should be fine also.

Folks around here know I'm not a fan of chrome AT ALL (or at least, not on my current ride - polished SS is the way to go if you like SHINY).

Rick

Rolling: Penske 8983NR/TD AK-20 Dual-Lyndall Rotors/Red+-Brembo P4/34 Calipers-BST CF's-Ceramic Brngs-Conti RA's- Microline Hydraulics

Looks: Polished SS Bolts-Rizoma Rearset/Pegs-Trucklite/LEDMirrors-LED Tail-BlueLED Gages-PVD Black Fork Tubes-Woodcraft Clip-Ons-NMC Windshield(s)-Cluster Relo- Valentine-1 - Blinder 905c
SickRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #19
ssPetess
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickRick View Post
They are "floating".

They are Lyndalls "lug drive" system - where the carrier has "lugs" that go through "slots" in the friction material and are held in by a SS Spring "ring".

Kinda hard to explain - and I'm too lazy at the moment to dig up a picture to post.

But float they do.

I would imagine you could order the carrier "naked" if you wanted and PC or Paint it any color you like. I believe standard is black anodize - these are GOOD inorganic ano (i.e.: they don't turn purple with UV exposure). If you decided to re-color a set, I'd take care though with the "lug" part as you don't want to mess up the "float" by screwing with the clearance.

I'm also going to "assume" that the group buy would be for "in-stock" items and would probably (by virtue of the really great pricing) preclude special order stuff (like custom colors).

Rick
I'm in...
SERT
Bitchin Wife Beater
Penske Shocks and re-worked Polished Front Forks
Motoholigan Airbox
Lyndall Racing Composite Rotors
Antigravity Lithium Battery
Bluegauges Blue Gauges
RRC Front Fender
BST Matte Black Wheels
Vreeland Tuned
127 hp 83 ft lb
ssPetess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #20
Hogpro
www.hogpro.com

Here is LRB's new black finish that we are testing out. It is a real nice deep black finish that will look awesome on black out bikes. I will post again once I get some miles on it. The carrier itself is a raw finish on this rotor but the carriers are available in black as well.

hogpro@gmail.com

Old 10-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #21
Hogpro
www.hogpro.com

Here is a pic of ssPetess black on black rotors. Can't wait to see them on the bike!

hogpro@gmail.com

Old 10-18-2012, 06:42 AM   #22
Ozracer
Night Rod Muscle

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Me too rob cant wait to see mine with the black ice centres should look great...

Adam
Old 10-18-2012, 06:53 AM   #23
bwds
brett

Feedback Score: 18 reviews
any chance of a pic of the silver friction rings on a chrome f wheel carrier and themn maybe a black ice carrier with black friction ring ,and alternativly silver friction ring ,hmmm decisions decisions ,for the record ive got chromed f rims ,just looking at the coolest combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tony
But the F is SO ugly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bwds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:47 AM   #24
Ozracer
Night Rod Muscle

I have ordered the black friction ring with the black ice rings rob emailed me yesterday said they will be their in a week so hopefully he will post them up before he posts..
Old 10-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #25
Hogpro
www.hogpro.com

I will definitively post pics once they come in next week. I might also have some silver friction rings so I will post all the pics I can.
hogpro@gmail.com

Old 10-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #26
Ernie82
boredom kills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogpro View Post
Nice looking R

03 with lots of chrome
07 GT500 Convertible
disposable late model commuter cars
CBR954RR - sold
I edit typos not content
Ernie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #27
Hogpro
www.hogpro.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwds View Post
any chance of a pic of the silver friction rings on a chrome f wheel carrier and themn maybe a black ice carrier with black friction ring ,and alternativly silver friction ring ,hmmm decisions decisions ,for the record ive got chromed f rims ,just looking at the coolest combo
Here is the black chrome center with the black friction ring. The black chrome looks more chrome than black but I really like the contrast. Should look great on Harley black ice wheels.

hogpro@gmail.com

Old 03-22-2013, 01:09 PM   #28
Hogpro
www.hogpro.com

Deal is still going and I have one complete set of the black on black and one complete set of black chrome with grey friction ring. If you want the best brakes for your rod look no further.
hogpro@gmail.com

Old 03-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #29
ssPetess
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Here's them on my bike for those who have not seen...
SERT
Bitchin Wife Beater
Penske Shocks and re-worked Polished Front Forks
Motoholigan Airbox
Lyndall Racing Composite Rotors
Antigravity Lithium Battery
Bluegauges Blue Gauges
RRC Front Fender
BST Matte Black Wheels
Vreeland Tuned
127 hp 83 ft lb
ssPetess is offline   Reply With Quote