Help, Overheating - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Mechanical
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 12-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #16
rlascano
@rlascano

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
my case is very similar. i have a vrod muscle 2012 and has about 2800 miles already. bought it about 4-5 months ago and i use it to go back n forth from work. ( rush hour ) so i am on an hour of stop and go kind of deal. the light on the indicator cluster comes up and once i gain some speed it turns off . i took it to the dealer, they said " unable to recreate the problem" i dont know what else to do , its under warranty but cant pintpoint what the problem is. Also. the same took place before my 1k oil change and this overheating never took place. this is very weird.
rlascano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #17
rlascano
@rlascano

bump bump
Old 12-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #18
TaxmanHog
Noel

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlascano View Post
bump bump
Why the bump, the solution is get another dealer to take a serious look at the triple sprocket bolt which can ONLY be checked by pulling the left engine cover.

NED POINTS 2013

(2012) ET-943, SG-941 & VRD-941
Best ET: 9.661
Best Mph: 139.34 mph
Best 60': 1.393

----
http://www.newenglanddragway.com

AHDRA 2012 Season
Destroyer Points
Super Gas Points
TaxmanHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #19
matt2007
Registered Full

HD knows about it and doesn't care enough to put out A TSB or PDI,I hate them for it

You will have to be very adamant about pulling the cover and getting it checked.Don't leave until you see it with your own eyes.I told the dealer to check the bolt on mine and they called back an hour later to tell me the exhaust and oil pump had tpo be pulled and checked as there was only 35 psi at 3000 rpm

After losing my mind and flipping out over the phone at the fact they ran the bike without spending 15 minutes to pull the cover and look as I had told them to do.I informed them that I was on my way and the cover had better be off for me to see for myself and of course the bolt had backed out and chewed the shit out of the case bushings.Most dealers don't know about this (see the title)

I would look up the video MAX made and and do it myself.It really only takes 15 minutes to do and is super easy.If you have the ability.if it is lose check the oil for brass shavings.BRASS=CASE BUSHINGS.So have your oil pressure checked after.

ACCORDING TO MEMORY YOU MUST HAVE
----30psi at idle
----42 at 3000rpm
MOST HAVE
----50-60psi at idle
----60-70 psi at 3000rpm

Here did the search for you,it's that important.
DO NOT RUN THE BIKE UNTIL THE BOLT IS CHECKED.
Good luck

Max's video

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108910

More information
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/gtsearc...cc.com%2F&ref=
matt2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #20
rlascano
@rlascano

So this past Thursday i got home and the temperature light turned on. i got off the bike to take a picture and take it to the dealer, the machine in a matter of seconds started leaking coolant and fumes came out. i recorded the whole thing and took it to the dealer next morning. Its Tuesday and they still have not called to advise what is going on. The service adviser stated it might be the radiator ( i doubt it ) but this is the 3rd time i take it i for a fan related or overheating issue. i will follow protocol and wont stop until my motorcycle is fixed ,,, PS i told them to check the waterpump and its torque to make sure its not that ( who knows if they will / wont do it )
Old 02-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #21
rlascano
@rlascano

Help, Overheating

After 4 trips to the dealer , a fan assembly took place The vrod is not heating up anymore n i am pleased about it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement