V rod or Thunderbird? - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 12-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #16
BT
I lift heavy things.

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is that an OCC bike .....
BT is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #17
boscoe
Registered Full

Yes, I have ridden both! The Storm is a kick-ass performing bike and probably more comfortable that the V-Rod.
I liked it a lot. Even tried to buy one, but the local Triumph dealer (now gone I wonder why) never responded to my repeated emails.
I own a NRS now, which is a whole lot better looking that the Triumph, IMHO - and the Storm's performance isn't equal to the V-Rod. But it WILL eat most, if not all, stock Air-Head Harleys.
boscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:26 PM   #18
GwaiiEagle
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1130JaKe View Post
A great bike if you like a cruiser but don't want to run out of throttle.

Ding Ding! We have a winnah!
GwaiiEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #19
rc4man
EXCELSIOR

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Personally I'm of course partial to the V-Rod but am a general fan of British bikes and certain of the new Triumph's in particular. Unfortunately the new T'Bird is not one of them. I just can't see the sense of it, nor do I think it an attractive design.

However with that said I understand that just as the V-rod is "Home Product" for me the Triumph is the same for you. There's alot to be said for supporting the home front and keeping the spending and dollars/pounds in there respective homes.

Do what you feel you need to do and enjoy whichever you choose for their own merits.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #20
thegreyman
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutchie View Post
I have a Triumph Speedmaster and would love a Vrod. Also i like the Thunderbird storm,has anyone rode both? If so what is your opinions?
A guy who rides with us has a NightRod and i think it looks sweet but a bit low?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
It all depends what type of riding you will do and ultimately which ones feel better for YOU when you ride them. I test drive the big T Bird last year. It's a fine bike, good build quality, ample power, comfy..but I dunno for me, it did not have the "wow" factor.

Take a look at the pics on my profile.. I am telling the VROD still has the wow factor and it has great power delivery, decent comfort, and is still rather unique. I have a the street rod, so a bit different than than the traditional cruiser. All that being said, check out the victory judge. I test drove that as well, it was also nice. last but not least, the new 2013 moto guzzi 1400, looks very promising.

best of luck

2006 Street Rod
2009 Guzzi Griso
2011 Yamaha Stryker (sold)
thegreyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #21
triumph900

I commute in DC area as well. The Vrod does not offer many commting options, at least that I've found yet. No way to carry a laptop, lunch, etc.
Regarding the Thunderbird; I rode the Thunderbird when they first came out. I can't really recall much about it (I guess that says something about the Thunderbird). I do remember it ran well, and handled fairly well. I hated the fuel tank, thought it was way to big. I do not like it's look at all, looks too "metric" to me. I was a huge Triumph fan going back to to late 1994, but I have drifted away from them. I'm disappointed in the lack of dealers in my area. In fact they've lost dealers, by, in my opinion, driving the smaller guys out. That being said, I bought a Night Rod this year, and am glad I did.
triumph900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #22
Louis
Posting From The Pub

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
They are both pretty good. You should chuck the Diavel into the mix too.

I like V-rods, which is why I own one. Like most modern bikes they have a nasty flat spot at 3-4K which in my opinion ruins them (noise and emission regs). Budget for a tuner.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/acam
http://www.thegentlemansnapper.co.uk

Arnotts, D&D, SEPST, custom paint or all chrome according to mood, GRC seat, wave rotors, Muscle wheels, Burleigh bars, V-Gauge, assorted pretty bits.

2007 VRSC-AW (Fun).
2007 KTM 990 Adventure (Off Road and Touring).
2006 Triumph Daytona T955i (Evil).
2009 Fatboy (Heavily Tarted Up Show Pony).
2011 Bonneville (On long term loan).
1978 Triumph Bonneville Based Racer (Needs A Rebuild)
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #23
FastVRJohnny
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumph900 View Post
I commute in DC area as well. The Vrod does not offer many commting options, at least that I've found yet. No way to carry a laptop, lunch, etc.
Regarding the Thunderbird; I rode the Thunderbird when they first came out. I can't really recall much about it (I guess that says something about the Thunderbird). I do remember it ran well, and handled fairly well. I hated the fuel tank, thought it was way to big. I do not like it's look at all, looks too "metric" to me. I was a huge Triumph fan going back to to late 1994, but I have drifted away from them. I'm disappointed in the lack of dealers in my area. In fact they've lost dealers, by, in my opinion, driving the smaller guys out. That being said, I bought a Night Rod this year, and am glad I did.

Problem solved. I use this for my LT, spare clothes for work, shoes and small tool kits. All at the same time.
FastVRJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement