1.75" Lowering Kit - Page 4 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCR
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 01-21-2011, 09:47 AM   #46
Nor'easter
Live Free Or Die

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenman View Post
thanx noreaster,..good advice,...how much is the seat? ..with the seat n shocks, sounds like yr up for well over a grand?..its tempting to buy the kit for $99...the guys at tamarack said they have sold a lot and no problems? do you want to sell your tamarack kit?..i thought it would be a good way to find out if i like the lowered position/handling etc b4 spending a lot of $$ .[.our roads down here are pretty rough also!]

I don't want to give you the impression that all the road here are rough, there is some of the best riding on the east coast here in New England. However, I learned that 2 of my favorite routes to/from work are too rough especially in the spring for me to ride with this kit installed.

You should know that I have my stock shocks set one notch from the max setting, that will make a bit of difference concerning bottoming out. I got the kit right after I bought the bike. After 1 season of riding I have found the stock shocks are far from adequate, and I'd be looking at buying aftermarket shocks regardless if I wanted to lower the rear of the bike.

The new seat and shocks add up to about $1300. I'll be ordering both after I get my tax return in February. My bike is put away for the winter, it won't be seeing the light of day until the end of March. After I get the shocks installed, I'll pm you to see if your still interested in the tamarack kit. Have you looked in the classifieds here or on ebay?
Nor'easter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2011, 09:59 AM   #47
Nor'easter
Live Free Or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleynurse View Post
Nor'easter:
Corbin seats are made here in Hollister,California.
I've sat on a V-Rod Corbin seat....it definitely is comfortable and profiled low.But I don't know what it's like on the long run(especially rough roads).
I've been on other bikes that had Corbin seats, and although I found them a bit hard I wasn't uncomfortable. From what I hear, people either love them or hate them. IMO, any other seat has got to be superior to the absolutely awful stock piece of crap.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #48
zenman
Registered Full

i have found a pr of IKON shocks, [formally KONI] with 13.75" centers for $675,..i dont know how they compare with works performance shocks, but may try them. i need to do something now, as i find only being able to put 1 foot on the ground with such a heavy bike unstable,..ok for someone who is 6ft, not 5.7"
the corbin seat looks great also.
zenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:52 PM   #49
flhrciblue
Registered Full

anyone with experience putting a set of progressive 412's on? i have found a set of 14.25s and wondered about any fitment issues?
Old 01-22-2011, 08:03 PM   #50
zenman
Registered Full

what brand are the 412? is that 14.25 overall length or eye to eye?
Old 01-22-2011, 08:52 PM   #51
Al Spag
Registered Full

Which mirrors do you have and can you see more the your elbows? The link the the ebay page is gone. Where can I get the lowering kit?
Thanks,
Spag
Al Spag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #52
Al Spag
Registered Full

Lowering kit.

Which mirrors do you have and can you see more the your elbows? The link the the ebay page is gone. Where can I get the lowering kit?
Thanks,
Spag
Al Spag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:33 PM   #53
Nor'easter
Live Free Or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenman View Post
what brand are the 412? is that 14.25 overall length or eye to eye?
zenman, look here: http://www.progressivesuspension.com/ Note that they don't list one for an R, but they may be able to do a custom job for you.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:42 PM   #54
Nor'easter
Live Free Or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Spag View Post
Thanks,
Spag
Spag,

I'm not sure what mirrors have to do with looking at elbows or the connection to a Tamarack lowering kit, but anyway here is the link to Tamarack's site: http://www.tamarackmw.com/tamarack_050.htm

RF
Old 01-23-2011, 05:39 PM   #55
flhrciblue
Registered Full

i'm looking at the 412-4024C or the 412-4004C. info indicates they are for sportsters; but the length is correct at 14.25 for mounting. i don't see any reason they won't fit?
Old 01-23-2011, 06:08 PM   #56
Nor'easter
Live Free Or Die

The 412-4024C or the 412-4004C may work, however I'm specifically looking for a shock which will lower the back end an inch while giving a superior ride to the stock shock.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:14 PM   #57
zenman
Registered Full

I dont know the price difference,..but would probably go with the works performance shocks that are designed for street rod or v-rod unless you are getting these shocks real cheap,.iv been looking into ohlins for my street rod about $11oo pr but meant to be the best
Old 02-03-2011, 08:46 PM   #58
zenman
Registered Full

im now looking into HAGON NITRO shocks for $800,..they look good, all stainless steel and anodised ends,..no chrome deteriation,.custom made for length etc
Old 12-10-2012, 12:37 AM   #59
DosEquis
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Will the Tamarack kit work for raising the bike if is installed inverse?
- DynoJet PC-V
- Blue LED lights in engine bay, front fender and rear fender.
- Progressive 440HD.
- LED Headlight.
- Marker lights re-location kit.
- Custom Derby cover.
DosEquis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #60
FastVRJohnny
Banned

No, it won't. The slam kit uses the swing arm as a rest while extending the shock backwards.
FastVRJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement