lost mph - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Hi-Performance
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 10-13-2012, 01:12 AM   #1
blubyubusa
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
lost mph

Early this year I ran three or four passes at a local eighth mile track with times of six ninety two or three, six ninety six and six ninety seven. The mph were all in the 101 range. I have not gotten in the sixes since but have gotten several seven oh's and seven teens but the mph has never been over ninety seven since that one day. Tonight, I ran a seven fourteen with a five at ninety six. Does the weather have that much of a effect on times. I have changed very little to nothing on the bike. I can understand two or three mph change but it would be nice to see the three digit mph. Do I have something else going on, I will try to check the compression this week, any other suggestions. BTW, I do not know what the compression was last spring so it may not tell me anything. Best to all and good riding.
blubyubusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2012, 03:10 AM   #2
2oo6niterod
drag racer

Feedback Score: 22 reviews
prolly operator failure, it takes time to make speed. look at yer previous runs with track conditions and compare.

did you spin the tire? if you have wheel spin then your mph will be up a mph or two. remember your measuring the run in thousands of a second.

mph don't in races, et does if your drag racing.
1996 Kawasaki ZX9R
www.dobeckperformance.com www.electronicjetkit.com<<<<-----fuel management
www.raptorperformance.com <<<----shift lights
2oo6niterod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:29 AM   #3
Karzza
all or nothing

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blubyubusa View Post
I will try to check the compression this week, any other suggestions.
Note, if You have automatic compression relasers (stock 1130cc exh cams), a compression test is not a reliable way for conc÷usions. A leak % test is.

300rwhp, E85 fuel
Falicon +3/8" full circle, K1, ceramic CP 4.25" pistons
Billet oil-pan, pinned cases and ceramic bearings, 12mm head and main studs
Jones cams, SuperAlloy valves, titan retainers, springs
Turbo Garret GT2560R, water cooled
16 Psi Forge waste gate and BOV, Valeo i-cooler
Black Ops 172lb/hr injectors, Wabro 255lph pump
Porsche tbo 5bar fuel regulator
Daytona VRFIgen3 ECM, KMS 3bar MAP.
11 plates carbon fibre lock-up, billet basket
Str cut 2nd,
K&M plenum and -brace
Karzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #4
FABSTER
King of High C's!

Feedback Score: 31 reviews

FABSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #5
vrunner79
Registered Full

If i'm wrong someone tell me but I was taught always look at your 60' times, Most races are won on the RT & your first 60'
Old 10-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #6
blubyubusa
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
mph

thanks for responses. But back to original statement time and mph are down. A five to six mph drop is significant. My original question was, what kind of change do you guys normally see in those parameters from the best weather of the season to normal or less than optimum weather? In my experience, what I am experiencing is outside of what I have experienced in the past with cars and bikes. It has me baffled. Last spring, I ran several 101 mph passes in the 6.90 range and one or two in the 7.0 range again at 101 all in the same day. The weather was great. I have never duplicated those times or mph. Ever since the times are generally in the seven twenty range and ninety five to ninety seven miles per hour and Friday (yesterday) the time was 7.145 at 95.9 miles per hour. My sixty was 1.69 which is normal for me. Again thanks for reading and your efforts to help and explain. BTW I have raced bikes and cars for about twenty years. One son has a 4.3second eighth mile car and the other has a 4.5 second eighth mile car. They do not ordinarily experience these kind of changes.
blubyubusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #7
SvFiat
Kidzap

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
A 4% to 5% decrease is huge. You didn't mention if you were using an auto shifter. Are you launching at the same rpm? I would guess either your shifting reflexes has slowed down or your clutch is starting to slip.

SvFiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #8
ELUSIVE 1
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Check your headers,they may be loose.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #9
lbrown
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubyubusa View Post
Early this year I ran three or four passes at a local eighth mile track with times of six ninety two or three, six ninety six and six ninety seven. The mph were all in the 101 range. I have not gotten in the sixes since but have gotten several seven oh's and seven teens but the mph has never been over ninety seven since that one day. Tonight, I ran a seven fourteen with a five at ninety six. Does the weather have that much of a effect on times. I have changed very little to nothing on the bike. I can understand two or three mph change but it would be nice to see the three digit mph. Do I have something else going on, I will try to check the compression this week, any other suggestions. BTW, I do not know what the compression was last spring so it may not tell me anything. Best to all and good riding.
i could be weather conditions... if you ran the 6`s on a cool or cold day it could easily slow up to 7teens on a 95 or 100 degree day...
lbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement