should I trade in my 2012 Streeb Bob for a Vrod? - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 12-04-2012, 05:36 AM   #16
BT
I lift heavy things.

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by erievon View Post
I have had my 2012 SB now for over 6 months and love it, but have always had eyes for the look of the Vrod. Im 5'6 and not sure if the Vrod would be as comfy of a ride for long distance riding with my 2 brothers. I do know they make a touring fuel cell for the Vrod so you dont have to stop as much to fuel up. Just in a pickle and since I live in Washington its been raining to much to go test ride on. I might have to wait till spring to do so. Any help or suggestions would be nice.

erievon
Do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BT is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 07:15 AM   #17
spiritwarrior
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Had a 2008 Street Bob. Now 2010 VRSCA. VROD smoother less vibes, ride position is okay. Love the ABS would never have another new bike without it. I have a riders back rest installed. If I were going on long rides would add a pad to the seat or put on a Sundowner. Water cooled makes a big difference during the summer. Street Bob sounded better stock. VRSCA stock is pretty quiet. Gets a lot of looks and comments. 0-60 is so fast its a bit scary.
spiritwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #18
Mr Large
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yes!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #19
pScyko
Jarhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
I love how today's buyers want the bike tailored.
I understand them. My 02 already feels like it was tailored to me. I would be extremely picky about any replacement bike.

Vintage 2002 Harley Davidson V-Twin_Racing_Street_Custom_A_Model_V-ROD

De-badged vivid black & chrome
Weld Racing Charger5 wheels w/ matching pulley
Semi-topless
16Ga Screamin EagleŽ headers
Screamin EagleŽ Race Tuner
Unlimited Engineering 5.3 Gal gas tank
pScyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #20
1130JaKe
i haz ghost flames

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm 5'5" and I traded a 2002 superglide converted to a wide glide. For a 2003 v-rod. I don't know if the rod was already tailored for the previous owner who was about my height but I fit very easy on it. It's nice and low with 2 very different seats. Cfr and sundowner. It might have reduced reach pegs. Comfort wise, the dyna was much more Comfy on long rides but not half as fun. Also eats a lot more gas than my old 88ci.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Motorcycle.com Free App
1964 cadillac de ville for sale. original paint and 429 big block. asking 7k obo
1130JaKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #21
lastinline
on the hwy to hell

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1130JaKe View Post
I'm 5'5" and I traded a 2002 superglide converted to a wide glide. For a 2003 v-rod. I don't know if the rod was already tailored for the previous owner who was about my height but I fit very easy on it. It's nice and low with 2 very different seats. Cfr and sundowner. It might have reduced reach pegs. Comfort wise, the dyna was much more Comfy on long rides but not half as fun. Also eats a lot more gas than my old 88ci.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Motorcycle.com Free App
I hear ya my old softail, 40mpg, Muscle, 30mpg for same driving scenarios
Old 12-05-2012, 03:17 AM   #22
Vambo
Banned

Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pScyko View Post
I understand them. My 02 already feels like it was tailored to me. I would be extremely picky about any replacement bike.
Back in the day HD had 3 models -period. Honda and Kawasaki were also very limited. You bought, you rode or you bought you changed. The whining I hear about an inch or 2 length, height, reach or whatever is a joke. Ride the fockin' things, get used to it. Manufacturers use"average" numbers to determine ergonomics or compromise them with design goals. However there are so many more options with feet placement, bars, seats, ect on stock bikes today it's incredible in comparison.
Vambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:09 AM   #23
tlsazarac
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by erievon View Post
I have had my 2012 SB now for over 6 months and love it, but have always had eyes for the look of the Vrod. Im 5'6 and not sure if the Vrod would be as comfy of a ride for long distance riding with my 2 brothers. I do know they make a touring fuel cell for the Vrod so you dont have to stop as much to fuel up. Just in a pickle and since I live in Washington its been raining to much to go test ride on. I might have to wait till spring to do so. Any help or suggestions would be nice.

erievon
Buy a D.
tlsazarac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #24
PD87
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Im 5'7" I changed the pegs and bars only, and its great. The newer Vrods have the 5 gal tank so stopping is not an issue anymore (had an 06 before this one).
PD87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #25
boscoe
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
I love how today's buyers want the bike tailored.
Haven't H-D riders been customizing their bikes to fit their bodies and taste since the beginning?
This is nothing new in my book.
Unless, you are saying today's H-D buyers are more demanding and are less likely to accept crap
boscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #26
erievon

well not many guys are 5'6 and trying to reach the pegs

being short makes it difficult to reach the forward pegs and use the rear brake or shift. I dont see many after market parts to bring them back a few inches without having parts cnc for you. I love the forward control look and want to put them on my Street bob but I can reach them but then my legs are just about locked. lol Highway pegs would be nice too. but nope. I know there is a few seats to push u forward and once the weather gets a little better here in WA i will go test ride a Vrod and just see how the forward controls fit. Its easy to say just mod something when your not of my hight. LOL
erievon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #27
H-D Heathen
Asatruar

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Post H-D Mid Mount kit for 07 & later DX

H-D offers a midmount kit for '07 & later DX models.

P/N 41967-07B

2006 VRSCR-"Not another black V Rod..."
H-D Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #28
cycorod
Banned

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by boscoe View Post
@z16:

If I had another inch, I wouldn't be working for a living!!!!
Most men wish they had another inch or 2...
cycorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #29
ckperson
Snooks

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I am 5' 6" and have an 07 I love it. I have had it 1 1/2 years work 7 days a week with 9 days of twice a year. I put 14,000 miles on it. I am a woman 59 years old. Oh I am also very overweight. My ride is great and everyone loves my bike
ckperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #30
boscoe
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycorod View Post
Most men wish they had another inch or 2...
Just lucky I guess....
boscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement