reading AFR with V-GAUGE? - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD EFI
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 12-04-2009, 09:04 PM   #1
vrscdx105
loud & low & solo

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
reading AFR with V-GAUGE?

will i be able to use this feature with my thundermax? where will i tap in the wire from the V-GAUGE?
vrscdx105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2009, 05:48 AM   #2
BeelzeKnut
Soul Stumpy

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I use the wires going from my WEGO to my Twinscan, don't know where else you might get your readings...but since you have wide band sensors, it should be possible! I'm sure someone will tune in!

*Haud Caedes Vacuus Tributum*
08 DXA, Fitzgerald Motorsports 1487cc big bore, Penske Triple adjustable racing shocks, Traxxion AK20 front cartridges, Wegners custom exhaust, BST front rim, Rizoma Aero 17 mirrors, Rizoma 09 bars, V- Gauge, Rizoma Avio blinkers+plate holder, 28t front pulley, Trask outboard billet belt support, Motohooligan air box, VFRID4, Finishline billet clutch basket.

Wishlist:
BST rear rim, ceramic rotors, Rizoma 3ple tree and plate arm.
BeelzeKnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:45 AM   #3
Ed-Rod
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You have to tap the scaled output form the o2 sensors - not the wire from the sensor itself. On the VRFI, I tapped the wire from the WEGO that goes to the ECU. You should be able to identify that same wire on the TMAX and tap that for the vgauge.

As long as it is a scaled 0 to 5 volt output, the vgauge will read it.
Supertrapp V5
Jones 480/455
SE CNC Heads

2010 Dragon Rally Alumni
Ed-Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:58 AM   #4
stever975
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-Rod View Post
You have to tap the scaled output form the o2 sensors - not the wire from the sensor itself. On the VRFI, I tapped the wire from the WEGO that goes to the ECU. You should be able to identify that same wire on the TMAX and tap that for the vgauge.

As long as it is a scaled 0 to 5 volt output, the vgauge will read it.
Yes, it will read any 0 to 5 volt signal but it displays the AFR value assuming the 0 to 5 volts are scaled the same as the Daytona Sensor WEGO devices:

AFR value = volts X 2 + 10

If the ThunderMax circuit uses a different conversion the V-Gauge won't read correctly.
stever975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:47 PM   #5
AOW
K.I.A. '07 AW

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I would suggest emailing your question on this over to James at Zippers. Those guys now the Thundermax inside and out, and would be a better source of accurate info on compatibility.
High/low beam mod
"1130cc classifieds" are your friend
embrace the "google search" function.... site:1130cc.com:
HOW TO pull codes
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrivero
Nobody cares about your shit like you
Fuel gauge? We don't need no stinking Fuel gauge!!!
AOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:16 PM   #6
Boilerguy
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where can I buy a V-Gauge?
Boilerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:48 AM   #7
stever975
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerguy View Post
Where can I buy a V-Gauge?
Look here.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:19 PM   #8
Boilerguy
Registered Full

Is there an I-O&M manual for the V-Gauge? The website where it is for sale has no information on what the gauge reads out and how to access the various bits of information. I think it is what I want but I would like to compare it feature to feature against the Dakota Digital unit.
Steve
Boilerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:33 AM   #9
stever975
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerguy View Post
Is there an I-O&M manual for the V-Gauge? The website where it is for sale has no information on what the gauge reads out and how to access the various bits of information. I think it is what I want but I would like to compare it feature to feature against the Dakota Digital unit.
Steve
Using the search function I found this thread in the classified section with the V-Gauge manual in a post by hafnutz67.

Here’s a quick rundown of what the V-Gauge can display:

There are 4 different screens available in “normal” operation plus an optional 5th one if you have a sensor connected to the 0 to 5 volt AFR input and the input “sees” more than 0 volts.

Display 1: digital gear, speed, RPM, and graphical RPM
Display 2: digital gear, speed, RPM, outside temperature, altitude, volts, and engine temperature
Display 3: digital gear, speed, RPM, current mpg, trip miles, trip fuel used, and mpg average
Display 4: digital gear, speed, RPM, fuel remaining, miles till empty, and graphical fuel gauge
Display 5: (optional) digital low AFR, high AFR, current AFR, and graphical AFR

There are many other features like a high coolant temperature warning light, a programmable shift light, and various performance data.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #10
Consig64
FATASSDX

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
wow, didn't realize how versatile that thing is. I made need to get me one of them.
08 DX - 1402 Stroker (3/8" Falicon Full Circle Crank, K1 Rods, CP Pistons, 10mm ARP Studs, HD SE II Cams, Destroyer Injectors, V&H 2nd Gear+Shift Shaft, Motohooligan Airbox, Trask Output Shaft Support, Fitzgerald: Head Port/Polish/+1mm Valves+Springs, 58mm TBs, Engine Brace, Billet Chrome Oil Pan, 26t Pulley, Ground Pounder Pipe)
Consig64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:44 AM   #11
bwds
brett

Feedback Score: 18 reviews
any news from james at zippers yet vrscdx105 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tony
But the F is SO ugly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bwds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:24 AM   #12
porky133
Registered Full

Bump. I have the same question. I want to connect my V-Gauge to my T-Max AFR signal. Haven't emailed Zippers yet.

Emailed Zippers, they are being cautious about releasing the information that we want. I hope to hear back from them this week. (5 Aug 2010)
08DX, ABS, Lou's light kit, Killer Glass, Dutchrods cluster lights w/remote control, extended luggage rack, sissy bar, Supertrapp Fatshots slip-ons, HeavyCycles Stage 2 light, ETC, Pondos derby, clutch and swing arm covers, Magnum black pearl throttle cables, Sportster handlebar, HD black LED mirrors, HD saddlebags, Ricor shocks front and rear, sewer rat's flush mount front axel, powder coated heat shields, extended front fender, CI airbox cover, Scorpio alarm system, V-Gauge.

Last edited by porky133; 08-05-2010 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Updated information
porky133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:42 AM   #13
porky133
Registered Full

Bumping this again. I've gotten several emails from Zippers and it seems like we are not going to get this function. I could be wrong and they could still be working on it but I haven't heard back from them since August 12th, 2010.

Maybe if a few more people were to contact them about it...
08DX, ABS, Lou's light kit, Killer Glass, Dutchrods cluster lights w/remote control, extended luggage rack, sissy bar, Supertrapp Fatshots slip-ons, HeavyCycles Stage 2 light, ETC, Pondos derby, clutch and swing arm covers, Magnum black pearl throttle cables, Sportster handlebar, HD black LED mirrors, HD saddlebags, Ricor shocks front and rear, sewer rat's flush mount front axel, powder coated heat shields, extended front fender, CI airbox cover, Scorpio alarm system, V-Gauge.
porky133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #14
Karzza
all or nothing

With VRFI it works well and a value is within 0.2 comparing to VRFI data logging.
I have a small switch to choose a front or rear cyl to watch.

300rwhp, E85 fuel
Falicon +3/8" full circle, K1, ceramic CP 4.25" pistons
Billet oil-pan, pinned cases and ceramic bearings, 12mm head and main studs
Jones cams, SuperAlloy valves, titan retainers, springs
Turbo Garret GT2560R, water cooled
16 Psi Forge waste gate and BOV, Valeo i-cooler
Black Ops 172lb/hr injectors, Wabro 255lph pump
Porsche tbo 5bar fuel regulator
Daytona VRFIgen3 ECM, KMS 3bar MAP.
11 plates carbon fibre lock-up, billet basket
Str cut 2nd,
K&M plenum and -brace