Like New VRSCA - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCA , VRSCAW
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 12-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
vbrtrmn

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Like New VRSCA

I came here to look for aftermarket seat recommendations and found a cool community.

I recently inherited a 2003 VRSCA 100th Anniversary edition from my uncle. No one else in the family rides aside from my and my brother and he didn't fit it very well.

Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/SSoBQ

Bike is basically in mint condition had 374 miles on the odometer. I took it to Patriots HD in Fairfax VA and had them do a basic maintenance on it and inspection. They got me in without an appointment and finished the bike in a few days.

I used to ride a Kawasaki KLR-650 which I still enjoy, I was certainly missing out. The VRSCA is a fine machine, nice and fast and easy to ride.

Unfortunately it has been in the 40's and 50's the last two days, so I've been pretty cold. Going to try to ride until it gets down to the high 20's.

Gotta pickup a new pair of snowmobile gloves, then a windshield and a softer seat.
vbrtrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
jon1zc
Life is great!

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Nice looking bike! Welcome to the club! I would definitely work on getting the engine broken in... http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127962
jon1zc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
alestex
Chrome Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Welcome!

That's about as nearly new as you can get! You've inherited an awesome bike. This is a great place to get questions answered and for ideas on what you can do with your bike. Enjoy and ride safe!
alestex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #4
pwrman
Registered Idiot

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Wow nice ride. There are a bunch of guys in your area, check out midatlanticvrods on t face book and meetup.com
And of course on here you will find plenty of info.
And Welcome
pwrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
Terry6422000
CENLA V-Rodder

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Wow...very nice indeed...and you've got some awesome places to enjoy it there in Virginia...
Old 12-06-2012, 11:20 PM   #6
lknosp
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbrtrmn View Post
I came here to look for aftermarket seat recommendations and found a cool community.

I recently inherited a 2003 VRSCA 100th Anniversary edition from my uncle. No one else in the family rides aside from my and my brother and he didn't fit it very well.

Bike is basically in mint condition had 374 miles on the odometer. I took it to Patriots HD in Fairfax VA and had them do a basic maintenance on it and inspection. They got me in without an appointment and finished the bike in a few days.

I used to ride a Kawasaki KLR-650 which I still enjoy, I was certainly missing out. The VRSCA is a fine machine, nice and fast and easy to ride.

Unfortunately it has been in the 40's and 50's the last two days, so I've been pretty cold. Going to try to ride until it gets down to the high 20's.

Gotta pickup a new pair of snowmobile gloves, then a windshield and a softer seat.
Welcome to the forum! You will find just about anything you might need to know here (by using the search feature or asking). V Rod owners tend to work on their own bikes, but Patriot HD is very good. I live in South Riding, VA and have most everything you might need tools wise to work on your VRSCA. I would suggest buying a service manual right away (you can get a CD online for $10.00). This forum is full of great folks who are all afflicted with the same sickness (modification sickness). That said, you can and will benefit from other's experiences (both good and bad). Let's ride. Larry
lknosp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #7
tlsazarac
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbrtrmn View Post

Gerbings heated gear. Just got my own. 40 degrees feels like summer.
tlsazarac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:30 AM   #8
vbrtrmn

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
vbrtrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:29 AM   #9
exile
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Welcome to the community. Be sure and budget new tires on your new bike. Ten year old rubber and cold roads are dangerous...
exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #10
lknosp
Registered Full

Sundowner Seat and passenger back rest

BTW - I have a Sundowner rider and passenger seat that has a gel insert installed by Dr. Gel. I also have a luggage rack and 100th Anniversey passenger back rest. You can try them out to see if they meet your needs. My GF had a custom solo seat made for me last year and I always ride solo. Give me a call (703) 887-2722 or PM me. Thanks, Larry
lknosp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #11
pScyko
Jarhead

Hit me up. I ride all the way into the mid 20's with just multi layers and no heated gear. I work long hours during the week and I am itching to go for a ride.

Vintage 2002 Harley Davidson V-Twin_Racing_Street_Custom_A_Model_V-ROD

De-badged vivid black & chrome
Weld Racing Charger5 wheels w/ matching pulley
Semi-topless
16Ga Screamin EagleŽ headers
Screamin EagleŽ Race Tuner
Unlimited Engineering 5.3 Gal gas tank
pScyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #12
bazzinga
Registered Full

Free mod idea- take the strap off the seat...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
bazzinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement