6 Speed Transmission revisited - Page 8 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Hi-Performance
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 11-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #106
blacksheep
Blacksheep

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just cause I don't post much doesn't mean I havn't been around... Newbie LMAO!!
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #107
macabre1993

I just got done doing a live chat w/a cat @ Baker. He said they bought a V Rod to do the R&D on, looked at the case-splitting process and decided against pursuing it any further.

I put on some fairly serious miles and would love to pass a few more gas stations than I do now. And a few of my brothers would appreciate a few less decibels, the Bassani Road Rage does roar @ 70-90 where we ride as a pack; nobody will ride on my right anymore. I'd be interested in either a six speed set or a wider fourth-fifth set & put 'em back for when it's time to split the cases. In the mean time a 30t front pulley will have to do...
macabre1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:28 AM   #108
SvFiat
Kidzap

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by macabre1993 View Post
I just got done doing a live chat w/a cat @ Baker. He said they bought a V Rod to do the R&D on, looked at the case-splitting process and decided against pursuing it any further.

I put on some fairly serious miles and would love to pass a few more gas stations than I do now. And a few of my brothers would appreciate a few less decibels, the Bassani Road Rage does roar @ 70-90 where we ride as a pack; nobody will ride on my right anymore. I'd be interested in either a six speed set or a wider fourth-fifth set & put 'em back for when it's time to split the cases. In the mean time a 30t front pulley will have to do...
You didn't mention what you were getting for MPG. These motors will easily get better than 40 MPG and still have 120+ HP. It's all in the tuning. Run it a tad lean in the range where you normally cruise and richen it up in the higher RPM's. The problem is the dyno tuners tune for max power. If you got soot in your pipes and there is soot on your plugs your wasting fuel.

SvFiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:04 AM   #109
FABSTER
King of High C's!

Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
the Bassani Road Rage does roar @ 70-90 where we ride as a pack; nobody will ride on my right anymore
Bunch of sissies!

change pack or go solo then!

FABSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:12 AM   #110
BT
I lift heavy things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macabre1993 View Post

One Man Wolf Pack...........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wolf.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	321.2 KB
ID:	192151  
BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:34 AM   #111
FABSTER
King of High C's!

Quote:
I bought a Triumph Scrambler because they look so much better than the Ducati I'm always worshiping but ended up not getting
There I fixed it for you

Old 12-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #112
macabre1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tony View Post

One Man Wolf Pack...........
Where did you get that pic of me?
Old 12-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #113
macabre1993

I wouldn't wanna ride next to it either! This summer I was riding in a poker run, cat ahead of me was on a SE VRod, that thing roared the whole ride. Now I'm told mine is louder...
Old 12-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #114
BT
I lift heavy things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FABSTER View Post
There I fixed it for you
BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #115
spiritwarrior
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I think for the money change your sprocket. Harley makes different bikes for a purpose. LL is right. For 98% of the folks here the six speed on a VROD is not worth it. My Street Bob had a ton of torque, the VROD is quick and runs cooler. Hats off to those who can afford it and have the skill to install a six speed if someone will build one.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #116
Wind Walker
Registered Full

SVFiat, I don't get 40 mpg out of my new vrscdx! I am lucky to get 25 mpg out of it! Not complaining though because I ride her really hard. I do not care about keeping the R's down because that's where they like to run

Last edited by Wind Walker; 12-07-2012 at 07:29 PM. Reason: typo
Wind Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #117
232bam232
V-Beast Pilot

Like I said on the other thread, I never imagined anyone putting the 6 speed in, but leaving the motor stock. Why would you tear it allllll the way down, then put it together unimproved? Crazy. A 6 speed would KILL with 1400+cc motor, or a turbo, or both...
I keep hearing from folks who have all kinds of reasons why its a bad idea, or why they wouldn't do it. I started these 2 threads to find the people that are interested, and would do it.
232bam232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #118
FABSTER
King of High C's!

Papa me abre la puerta y mama me la tranca.....

Old 12-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #119
XvtxCrewzr
Crash Bandacoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by myvrodrocks View Post
Maybe...but that has been done...

betcha can fry and egg..anna couple 'o snausages,on that middle cylinder.
'05 VRSCB,Sundowner seat with pillon,chrome side covers,chrome switch housings,chrome fuel cell covers,chrome brake/clutch resevoir covers,chrome engine kit,luggage rack,chrome swingarm,chrome upper/lower belt covers,pivot covers,power commander III with SE slip-ons and SE airfilter,and more chrome
Also a vintage '72 750 Norton Commando,and a Yammi XJ700 Maxim X
Now I'm REALLY
XvtxCrewzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #120
dhw2003
dhw2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvFiat View Post
You didn't mention what you were getting for MPG. These motors will easily get better than 40 MPG and still have 120+ HP. It's all in the tuning. Run it a tad lean in the range where you normally cruise and richen it up in the higher RPM's. The problem is the dyno tuners tune for max power. If you got soot in your pipes and there is soot on your plugs your wasting fuel.
I have a 2004 VRSCA, bone stock except for V & H Powershot slip-ons. I do not have O2 sensors (yet) so I check mixture the old fashioned way, by doing a spark plug check. My engine is running on the lean side. The plugs are both white.

At 70 MPH I get 36 MPG. At 55 MPH I get over 40 MPG. The extra RPM burns extra fuel. The engine could easily pull a taller top gear. It would be nice if someone like Baker developed a 6th gear to lower the overall ratio. If the mod was available, it would sell, it's that simple. The R & D cost would be prohibitive though so the likelihood of that happening is extremely remote. I would buy a 6 speed if it was available and I am sure I am not alone.
dhw2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement