Powervision or SEPST? - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD EFI
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 12-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
Rad_nuke
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Powervision or SEPST?

I am facing a dilemma that I thought some group think from some of you experts might be able to help with. I am upgrading my exhaust and adding a tuner for Christmas. I have a limited budget so I am trying to get the most bang for the buck. Here is my situation so far:

1. I have pretty much settled on the V&H competition slip-ons. I would love the 2 into 1's if I can find them as cheap as the slip-ons.

2. I REALLY like the Powervision for the coolness factor and for the fact I don't have to hide anything else under the seat.

3. The SEPST has been around longer and has a proven track record.

4. I am not going to be able to even talk to my wife about getting a dyno for six months or more so I need a solution that will get me a good tune on maps.

5. When I looked at the Powervision, I noticed they only had maps for Tabs AND if I don't buy the pro version autotuner, I will have to settle for a mediocre tune (at least that is how I understood it after following some of the posts here) using the narrowband O2 sensors.

6. The SEPST is cheaper, and has been around long enough that I should be able to find maps for just about any configuration I run.

7. I want the flexibility to make mods down the road like running topless, etc.

Any thoughts for or against either tuner? Any other recommendations?

Thanks
Rad_nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
Duc2Vrod
Yea it is a Harley!

pv from fuelmoto...end of story - great maps and will help you with any issues
Old 12-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #3
Rad_nuke
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc2Vrod View Post
pv from fuelmoto...end of story - great maps and will help you with any issues
Now you are the third person I have read on the forum that specifically says to buy it from Fuel Moto. Are they the same price as others, and are their maps exclusive?

I was pretty unimpressed with what I saw on the Dynojet website for maps.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
Rad_nuke
Registered Full

UPDATE: I ended up going with the V&H 2-into-1 Competition series pipes. I am strongly leaning toward the Power Vision. I am waiting until Monday to talk to the folks at Fuel Moto before I pull the trigger. I found the Power Vision for $429 at Revsports. If they can get close, I will go with them. If not, I will simply work with Dynojet for the maps.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #5
Duc2Vrod
Yea it is a Harley!

fuel will be 499 i think, but they give you another year of warranty and if you need any adjustments they will fix the map and they have years of exp dynoing the vrod so they have tons of maps for any type of mod....i cant complain
Old 12-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #6
Rad_nuke
Registered Full

Quote:
fuel will be 499 i think, but they give you another year of warranty and if you need any adjustments they will fix the map and they have years of exp dynoing the vrod so they have tons of maps for any type of mod....i cant complain
Would you say the service and support was worth the $70 difference? I'm a tightwad, but I recognize that some things are worth paying a bit more for.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #7
Duc2Vrod
Yea it is a Harley!

yes jaimie is great and they know their shit for sure!
Old 12-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #8
Rad_nuke
Registered Full

Awesome! Thanks Duc. Looking forward to talking to Jaime.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:40 PM   #9
Lason
Registered Full

My $. 02 is get it where you can cheapest. Use auto tune and tune using the preloaded map. That's what I did and it worked out great. Really no use using email tunes anymore unless you just want to get in the ballpark quicker but it's not worth $70 IMO

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Motorcycle.com Free App
-Customled tail light flasher module
-Memphis Shades Bullet Fairing
-Dynojet Power Vision
-Vance and Hines Comp 2-1
-K&N air filter
Lason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:53 PM   #10
Rad_nuke
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lason View Post
My $. 02 is get it where you can cheapest. Use auto tune and tune using the preloaded map. That's what I did and it worked out great. Really no use using email tunes anymore unless you just want to get in the ballpark quicker but it's not worth $70 IMO

Well it looks like, from the description of your bike, I am going to have almost the exact same setup as you: 2-into-1, K&N, Power Vision. If it worked for you, I have no qualms with giving it a shot. Your 2 cents saved me $70. Thanks bro! If you come to Vegas, lunch is on me.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #11
mstrobes
Registered Full

Quote:

buy the cheapest
mstrobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #12
DungeonWorks
20 Eyes in my Head

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:

DungeonWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #13
Rad_nuke
Registered Full

I went ahead and ordered my Power Vision from Indysuperbikes.com for $429.95. As reputable as Fuel Moto is, I couldn't see paying $70.00 more PLUS $14.00 for shipping. I got free shipping from Indy. My exhaust and tuner should be here by the end of the week. Sadly, my family insists they stay under the Christmas tree until the 25th. It's going to be a long December.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #14
Duc2Vrod
Yea it is a Harley!

Rad that is awesome and right now i am not to happy with FM since I have sent Jamie two emails about a new map and I have not gotten a reply - I am getting a new exhaust and will need a map so a phone call is coming later
Old 12-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #15
Rad_nuke
Registered Full

Quote:
Rad that is awesome and right now i am not to happy with FM since I have sent Jamie two emails about a new map and I have not gotten a reply - I am getting a new exhaust and will need a map so a phone call is coming later
The email I sent Jamie was replied to by someone named Brian. Jamie might be on vacation or something. I'm really counting on the forum to help me with this Power Vision thing. I am totally beyond my knowledge level when it comes to understanding turnings and fuel maps and stuff. I've started reading the manual, but without the thing in hand, it's all Greek to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement