Yep.. it's "that" question :) - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCR
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 11-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #1
thegreyman
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yep.. it's "that" question :)

Aight folks,

I know this topic has been beat to death.. but here it goes. For all my "R" Brothern, please chime in. My bike original had a tab tuner, and tab force out exhausts system. I sold the TAB exhaust, and put on a vmod stage 2..didnt mess with the fuel tuner as it ran fine.

Now its time to upgrade. My Vance and hines 2 into 1 just arrived. I have a friend of mine who is certified harley mechanic doing in the install. This guy is legit and has been riding bikes for years. I on the other have riding for a a couple years and zeo mechanical apptitude. So we were talking about fuel tuners. He swears by the Vance and Hines fuel pak. I was leaning towards the power commander 3. Anyhow..being that he strongly recommended the vance and hines- I went with it. That said, I see some pretty bad reviews on this site and other regarding the vance and hines.

So for all you riders that have the vance and hines.. let's heare it- Is good? Bad? Just so-so?

Looks like we will do the install this coming Monday evening.

Input requested.

2006 Street Rod
2009 Guzzi Griso
2011 Yamaha Stryker (sold)
thegreyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #2
CPTJAM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 31 reviews
It is fine for a simple exhaust change. Simple to tune, and if you still have problems, call them. They will help dial it in perfectly. No regrets. I have A TMAX on my R, and am happy with that, too. I ran a pc3 with the supercharger. Joe
TRAVELER: 2006 Roadrod VRSCR, Custom painted Ultrawhite, TTS Supercharger version2.0, TMAX, K&N, Supertrapp V5 exhaust, Pondo Caps, HC Stage II V LED tailight, "A" model bars, Corbin seat, luggage rack, Sumax bags, chrome peg mounts, '08 "D" wheels, polished, rear pulley by Pondo. Slipper clutch. More to come! Old Dyno results: 155 HP 86#TQ
COMET: 2009 AW, painted ultrawhite, a work in progress....105.18 HP, 73.98 torque;
CPTJAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
dsb581
Registered Full

For me the best is the Screamin'eagle super tuner pro or Thundermax, I've got installed Screamin'eagle because I don't like more weight in the bike I don't mind if only is 500grs or 20 kgrs I'm a weight freak lol, but if if you're gonna install a V&H exhaust, the V&H fuel pack is a very good choice
dsb581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #4
wasaircooled
Registered Full

I have the VH 2:1 which is awesome in every way. I also have a foolpak. If I did it again I'd have a DFO/TFI which I found much superior on a previous bike. The Foolpak is a passive preset device whereas the TFI is active and works differently in different riding conditions. Throttle opening isn't the only factor that affects how an engine performs.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
FastVRJohnny
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreyman View Post
Aight folks,

I know this topic has been beat to death.. but here it goes. For all my "R" Brothern, please chime in. My bike original had a tab tuner, and tab force out exhausts system. I sold the TAB exhaust, and put on a vmod stage 2..didnt mess with the fuel tuner as it ran fine.

Now its time to upgrade. My Vance and hines 2 into 1 just arrived. I have a friend of mine who is certified harley mechanic doing in the install. This guy is legit and has been riding bikes for years. I on the other have riding for a a couple years and zeo mechanical apptitude. So we were talking about fuel tuners. He swears by the Vance and Hines fuel pak. I was leaning towards the power commander 3. Anyhow..being that he strongly recommended the vance and hines- I went with it. That said, I see some pretty bad reviews on this site and other regarding the vance and hines.

So for all you riders that have the vance and hines.. let's heare it- Is good? Bad? Just so-so?

Looks like we will do the install this coming Monday evening.

Input requested.

Love this pipe so far, I got one last July. I did the install on my own and it went together a lot easier than I thought but the pipe I got was for the R, so I didn't have to screw around with getting different brackets. I was an idiot and installed it thinking I could add the chrome shields after.....mistake. Follow the instructions and you should be fine.

As far as the tuner. I have SERT and had my buddy from the MOCO set up a map for me.

The pipe is quieter than de-baffled stock cans, but it's still a bit loud. I really feel it in my helmet on long runs on the breezeway.
FastVRJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement