Shopping for supercharger kit from Patrick Racing just my thoughts - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 12-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #16
aferistik
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I had a conversation with sprintex of Australia and have been told that the kit is no longer produced for our bikes. So Patrick Racing was defiantly trying to sell me something he couldn't get.
aferistik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #17
Malcomx
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Interesting that Patrick racing is running an outright scam. I would assume they are near bankrupt and looking to steal every nickle they can before they have to close the doors.
Malcomx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #18
aferistik
Registered Full

They have nothing to loose they don't have a shop or the store anymore. They don'e even have a legit business place only the P.O. Box. I guess they will get as many orders before filing for Bankrupt.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #19
bwds
brett

Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Sprintex USA ,is who u want to speak to..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tony
But the F is SO ugly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bwds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #20
BIG POPPA 66
Registered Full

Cool

I had checked the website a week or so ago and got nothing..seems now it is somehow showing something.. all i can say is WOW..
thanks for the heads up
BIG POPPA 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #21
pjr
Registered Full

Sprintex in Australia is still selling the supercharger in Australia at least.
Phoned Mark today. He is selling the hardware but not the software like commander 5 or thundermax. Thunder tech in Perth,WA Australia have been fitting some with good success they say (using Ducati 12 hole injectors), and commander system. The sprintex hardware is $5000aud but currently on Christmas special.
pjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:56 AM   #22
pjr
Registered Full

Seems after much research here and other places trask turbo kit makes the most sense.
More power and lots of users experiencing a good results.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:25 AM   #23
WhosUrBuddiee
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjr View Post
Seems after much research here and other places trask turbo kit makes the most sense.
More power and lots of users experiencing a good results.
You may want to wait until the procharger kit is released.
WhosUrBuddiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #24
pjr
Registered Full

:-)
Old 12-04-2012, 11:20 PM   #25
Malcomx
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee View Post
You may want to wait until the procharger kit is released.
I don't see how it really matters. Any good turbo or blower can supply more boost than you'd want to dump into a stock engine, and all of them are within five hundred bucks in price. The only one I wouldn't use is the Sprintex, they had some issues and blew up a few motors, why use a risky product when a proven performer is the same price?
Old 12-04-2012, 11:47 PM   #26
WhosUrBuddiee
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcomx View Post
I don't see how it really matters. Any good turbo or blower can supply more boost than you'd want to dump into a stock engine, and all of them are within five hundred bucks in price. The only one I wouldn't use is the Sprintex, they had some issues and blew up a few motors, why use a risky product when a proven performer is the same price?
We dont know what the price of the procharger kit will be. But inital install pictures look much cleaner.
WhosUrBuddiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:03 AM   #27
aferistik
Registered Full

I only heard ppl are saying the Sprintex is bad and it blew few motors but i never actually talked to the real person who had a bad experience with it. I only talked to the people who have it for a long time and happy with the performance and clean look.
Also i don't like the idea of the turbo since it's like a fan sticking out on the side of the bike dis balancing my bike
Old 12-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #28
Malcomx
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee View Post
We dont know what the price of the procharger kit will be. But inital install pictures look much cleaner.
It will be in the $5k range, all of them are.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #29
Malcomx
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by aferistik View Post
I only heard ppl are saying the Sprintex is bad and it blew few motors but i never actually talked to the real person who had a bad experience with it. I only talked to the people who have it for a long time and happy with the performance and clean look.
Also i don't like the idea of the turbo since it's like a fan sticking out on the side of the bike dis balancing my bike
I love the sprintex design, far and away the best looking setup so far, but it did have a problem with the sealed bearings they were using. They claim that problem is fixed, and that's great, but I wouldn't risk a blown engine on a product that's had failures. I can't afford a rebuild (I can't afford a blower either, but that's a different story).
Old 12-07-2012, 12:39 AM   #30
aferistik
Registered Full

I had a conversation with Sprintex US and they would be able to suply the kit for me for the $4900. ?I think that's a great deal for the clean install without having a fan hanging on the side of your bike. The only think they don't supply is the tuner but they recommend either HD Screaming Eagle tuner or Power Commander.
Is there any other people interesting in a kit ? We can get a lot better deal if we can order few kits. PM me if interesting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement