Reason Why Rear Header Wraps Forward? - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Mechanical
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 12-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #16
kaneo465
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have original header pipes that dump straight to the ground near the clutch cover with drag baffles (not much) and my bike runs fine and sounds great. I did this after my V&H system cracked and i wanted something differant.
My dealer told me to put straight out pipes on so i did it ran like shit with the 7 maps V&H sent me so i took my fuelpak off and it runs like a dream has richned up a little no decel pops no misses.
kaneo465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #17
pgilliam1
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneo465 View Post
I have original header pipes that dump straight to the ground near the clutch cover with drag baffles (not much) and my bike runs fine and sounds great. I did this after my V&H system cracked and i wanted something differant.
My dealer told me to put straight out pipes on so i did it ran like shit with the 7 maps V&H sent me so i took my fuelpak off and it runs like a dream has richned up a little no decel pops no misses.
So let me get this straight:

You have straight pipes with no tuner? Has the ECU been flashed or is it the stock map? Any mods to the air intake (topless, K&N, etc.)? How can you tell it has richened up?
pgilliam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #18
kaneo465
Registered Full

Correct i have a K&N filter straight out dump pipes and the ECU is stock.
With the fuelpak it kept throwing o2 sensor codes and the o2 sensors and plugs where white.
Now the sensors and plugs are looking a nice carbon colour if thats how you would decribe it.
i've read alot of opinions on here about no tuner and after market pipes damaging heads and valves but who has tested the theory no one that i could find and trust me i don't just go off one persons advice i have spoken to alot of harley dealers about this. i've been running this for a few months now with no issues.
The drag baffles stop the fluffy sound on deceleration.
If i run into any dramas i will post it up here but i can't see it happening in the near future.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:43 PM   #19
kaneo465
Registered Full

Would you like to see photos??
Old 12-02-2012, 03:43 AM   #20
Sweetas
Registered Full

Quote:
Would you like to see photos??
Yes please
Sweetas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #21
pgilliam1
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Correct i have a K&N filter straight out dump pipes and the ECU is stock.
With the fuelpak it kept throwing o2 sensor codes and the o2 sensors and plugs where white.
Now the sensors and plugs are looking a nice carbon colour if thats how you would decribe it.
i've read alot of opinions on here about no tuner and after market pipes damaging heads and valves but who has tested the theory no one that i could find and trust me i don't just go off one persons advice i have spoken to alot of harley dealers about this. i've been running this for a few months now with no issues.
The drag baffles stop the fluffy sound on deceleration.
If i run into any dramas i will post it up here but i can't see it happening in the near future.
THX for the info. I installed a UNI filter, SE pipes and a GIL's Box because my plugs were white (now the bike pulls to redline much faster but it's way too loud for me). Everything I have read here suggests that installing freer flowing pipes and air filter, without a fuel tuner, will only make the bike run leaner. Now I'm wondering if the difference you are describing is the ECU reacting/compensating to the 02 sensors (my 2007 doesn't have them)???
pgilliam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #22
kaneo465
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgilliam1 View Post
THX for the info. I installed a UNI filter, SE pipes and a GIL's Box because my plugs were white (now the bike pulls to redline much faster but it's way too loud for me). Everything I have read here suggests that installing freer flowing pipes and air filter, without a fuel tuner, will only make the bike run leaner. Now I'm wondering if the difference you are describing is the ECU reacting/compensating to the 02 sensors (my 2007 doesn't have them)???

I agree everything i read suggested the same.
Could you find anyone who's tryed pipes with no tuner.
It may be the ECU making adjustments but all i no is its never run so well.
I will work out the fuel consumption over the next few weeks it and post it here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement