I gotta Admit, There is a VRSCF that aint Bad.... - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 12-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #16
DungeonWorks
20 Eyes in my Head

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastinline View Post
here we go.....talk about

Attachment 191983
I don't understand it...and don't want anyone to explain.
DungeonWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #17
Nas3car
Shelby Stanga Rocks

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchetforce View Post
That's because people do not know where to look, parts manufacturers themselves often wrongly assume certain parts will not fit the F, or else people do not realize parts will fit with only a minor adjustment.
Besides, regardless of the bike you own, fabbing your own parts insures your ride will not look like a carbon copy of some other sheep that used a standard line order for the "in" product or mod.

Fear of getting caught may be the mother of invention for some but the desire to be different has led to many a great F mod for Muscle owners.
Its that reason they DO NOT fit. If you have to modify something to work it dose not fit. Manufactures are under the gun with laws and regulations that if they claim it dose fit and it dosent then something happens well we all know the rest.

Now making something is cool. Its just a hard platform to work with. It is almost a bagger with no fairng or bags. The VRSC is a nothing bike to start with and the F adds on to that.

I find it so funny that Fs are some of the most modified VRSC bikes out there. My DX is stock miuns the back rest for the wife and flipped mirrors all HD parts. When its that good stock why change it.
Any Edit is to fix spelling
Hunt and Peck its a way of life
Still no Facebook just older
BUMPER beats HELMET every time.
They removed my soul to fit in all this sarcasm
Nas3car is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #18
HoneyB
Pat (Patrick!)

Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
HD needs to do a new model V so we will have something new to hate!
They could reproduce the Anodized model...
Tiger Racing belt guards, Pondo's pivot bolt covers & 'V' valve stem caps, Tyson's black riser and foot levers, Metzler ME 880's, black 5 spoke '08D wheels and rear pulley, Mini LED rear signals, Progressive suspension, Jeannie Guardian Bell!(so far!)

1978 Honda XL350 (w/4300 miles on it!)

Jedi:"It's free to be a member, but it'll cost your ass in the end..."
HoneyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #19
luxlamf
Sanctimonious

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyB View Post
Would not have the Guts to do so, they released a shite Painted version for the 10th anniv model.
Nope the greatness that once was is forever gone, like your youth, its gone and it jus keeps getting worse.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #20
Vambo
Banned

Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyB View Post
It didn't sell the first time around.
Vambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #21
luxlamf
Sanctimonious

Quote:
It didn't sell the first time around.
In a world where McDonalds is the most profitable "Restaurant" its no great surprise when the "General Public" fails to forge ahead in the right direction, same thing happened to Ducati with the 999, now its a very sought after model with the same people who dismissed it in the 1st place.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #22
FABSTER
King of High C's!

Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh_Jass View Post
He has a meltdown every 14 minutes anyway...

FABSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #23
luxlamf
Sanctimonious

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Houk View Post
Lux would have an absolute meltdown if they did
Nonsense, this bike Looks Better as a Bagger, the more you cover it up (especially that Rear end) the better.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #24
Nas3car
Shelby Stanga Rocks

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OK I am lost here about the whole VRSC bagger. its not a bagger platform, Motor trans any of it. Its like asking a Tundra to be a truck. Its never going to happen. At best it can act like one maybe even look like one but will never be one. Ask any guy with a F350 Powerstroker duallie 4x4. Not even close.
Any Edit is to fix spelling
Hunt and Peck its a way of life
Still no Facebook just older
BUMPER beats HELMET every time.
They removed my soul to fit in all this sarcasm
Nas3car is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #25
Hatchetforce
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas3car View Post
Its that reason they DO NOT fit. If you have to modify something to work it dose not fit. Manufactures are under the gun with laws and regulations that if they claim it dose fit and it dosent then something happens well we all know the rest.

Now making something is cool. Its just a hard platform to work with. It is almost a bagger with no fairng or bags. The VRSC is a nothing bike to start with and the F adds on to that.

I find it so funny that Fs are some of the most modified VRSC bikes out there. My DX is stock miuns the back rest for the wife and flipped mirrors all HD parts. When its that good stock why change it.
The original issue the person to whom I responded brought up was was finding after market parts. Nowhere did I indicate that I was seeking to have modifications certified by law. They should be safe yes. But outside of that I am merely discussing the fact the mods work and often with either no work at all - fits perfectly - or with a minor adjustment such as a shim, etc.

I ordered an after market rear fender that fits my 2013 Muscle exactly. It was installed by a Harley AMI mechanic. And it fit perfectly. Yet if you ask the manufacturer they swore it would only fit 2011 models and below. Do you know why this claim was made? I wanted to know so I asked him the same question I have put forward to the the 100 or so parts companies with which I have dealt over the past 2 months as I began my overhaul of a new 2013 stock bike.

He stated in all honesty that they advertised it would only fit 2011 and below bikes because they had not even seen a 2012/13 in person much less had the opportunity try the fit of their parts. They knew the bikes had changed so they played safe for their business. Yet here their part fit dead on.

So you can either be timid and just assume it's a parts desert for the Muscles or you can refuse to be held back by convention and the scary looming threat you might actually have to ship something back that didn't fit.
Hatchetforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #26
RodKing
The Crusades

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastinline View Post
here we go.....talk about

Attachment 191983
I think that is Danni's bike - a long time forum member - that resides in the Bagger section.
RodKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:25 PM   #27
luxlamf
Sanctimonious

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKing View Post
I think that is Danni's bike - a long time forum member - that resides in the Bagger section.
It is.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #28
Vambo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxlamf View Post
In a world where McDonalds is the most profitable "Restaurant" its no great surprise when the "General Public" fails to forge ahead in the right direction, same thing happened to Ducati with the 999, now its a very sought after model with the same people who dismissed it in the 1st place.
So now you are comparing it to a 999? LOL!

The XLCR Sportster and original Night Train are also sought after. 50HP, reliable as Fox News and both handled like a Ford Pinto. Your A in that league?
Old 12-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #29
Vambo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas3car View Post
OK I am lost here about the whole VRSC bagger. its not a bagger platform, Motor trans any of it. Its like asking a Tundra to be a truck. Its never going to happen. At best it can act like one maybe even look like one but will never be one. Ask any guy with a F350 Powerstroker duallie 4x4. Not even close.
Not a platform to be a bagger? The Twin Cam is?
Old 12-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #30
luxlamf
Sanctimonious

Quote:
So now you are comparing it to a 999? LOL!

The XLCR Sportster and original Night Train are also sought after. 50HP, reliable as Fox News and both handled like a Ford Pinto. Your A in that league?
Not at all, didn't say mine was desirable, justs stating even Co's like Ducati and BMW have their people who dismiss change.
999's get high dollars now because Ducati stopped making them, had to put them On sale to get rid if them and fired the designer.
HD just took this Model and quickly bastardized it into a run of the mill HD as much as they could (The square peg into the round hole) with the shite 2 tones and big circus vehicles and finally when out of ideas they paint it black.
Advertisement