Dually - F exhaust - Page 4 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCDX
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 05-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #46
jsims002
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Getting it out wasn't a problem, getting it back in was a little tricky, so I just snipped it off. I put the ziptie in my tool bag.

Best quote EVER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan60 View Post
Probably one of those deals that you ask 10 guys and get 10 different answers. I'm keeping what I have. I like the look, I like the sound. I don't think you would ever notice the difference on the street. Maybe on the dyno, but I don't ride there.
jsims002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #47
jessejames4

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is there a youtube video with the sound of these pipes? I'd sure like to hear them. For me, I like the look as much as the 2-in-1, maybe more.

Jesse
jessejames4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #48
HDRider46706

Been looking for this answer for some time, but will these duals fit older VRSC's? Have an '04 that I'm converting into a bagger and need to change the exhaust and not too thrilled with the choices out there (2 into 1) - would love to go to true duals!! Presume that mounting would be a change but also presume that the exhaust connections would work.. Thanks for any help out there!!!
HDRider46706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #49
lastinline
on the hwy to hell

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRider46706 View Post
Been looking for this answer for some time, but will these duals fit older VRSC's? Have an '04 that I'm converting into a bagger and need to change the exhaust and not too thrilled with the choices out there (2 into 1) - would love to go to true duals!! Presume that mounting would be a change but also presume that the exhaust connections would work.. Thanks for any help out there!!!
can't give an educated answer for mine didn't have the duals on when I got it but they aren't true duals, there is a cross over pipe, could maybe weld it closed and don't know the fitment for an 04 since they are based on a 240 set up which may make them set wide something to consider??? hope someone else has some better information
Old 05-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #50
CPTJAM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 31 reviews
I want these on my R, but the mid controls ruin that idea. Might have to put them on the AW. I like a quiet exhaust.
Bring this to Mid West Thunder next month! Hope to see you there! Joe
TRAVELER: 2006 Roadrod VRSCR, Custom painted Ultrawhite, TTS Supercharger version2.0, TMAX, K&N, Supertrapp V5 exhaust, Pondo Caps, HC Stage II V LED tailight, "A" model bars, Corbin seat, luggage rack, Sumax bags, chrome peg mounts, '08 "D" wheels, polished, rear pulley by Pondo. Slipper clutch. More to come! Old Dyno results: 155 HP 86#TQ
COMET: 2009 AW, painted ultrawhite, a work in progress....105.18 HP, 73.98 torque;
CPTJAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:48 AM   #51
ukvrscdx
Registered Full

Not sure if the Muscle exhaust will fit earlier (180 tire) models - although the original exhaust for the 2007 model (VRSCA) looks to have the same part numbers as earlier models the brackets are suffixed "07" so it looks as if they were changed to accommodate the wider tire ...
Old 05-10-2012, 07:24 AM   #52
jsims002
Registered Full

I think there is a difference in the lower triangle frame around the bottom of the gas tank on the earlier Vs. That is where the mount points are on the 08 and newer bikes for the exhaust cans. But we all know, anything can be fabricated, including the head pipes. You can get the whole F setup used for a super low price from an F'er that went to a 2-1. If I had an earlier V and really wanted to do it, I would get the F exhaust, and make it fit. Even if the head pipe connectors were different, I'd hack mine off and have them welded to the F headers. Then fab a bracket for the cans.

Best quote EVER!!!

Quote:
Probably one of those deals that you ask 10 guys and get 10 different answers. I'm keeping what I have. I like the look, I like the sound. I don't think you would ever notice the difference on the street. Maybe on the dyno, but I don't ride there.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #53
HDRider46706

Thanks all for your comments and input - I'm impressed with the efforts!! Great Forum!!
HDRider46706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #54
ukvrscdx
Registered Full

As I've previously said, the headers of a 2007 DX (with the 240 frame) have the same part numbers as earlier models, and the mufflers of a VRSCAW and a VRSCA are the same, so I reckon that all you would need to do is adapt the exhaust hangers to get a muscle system to fit on 180 tire models.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #55
indyeric

Hello,

Kind of off topic but where did you get your plate holder....I hate my Muscle's fold out holder. I have seen replacements but I do not want to spend a hundred bucks for a holder. Seems like everything is so expensive for the Rods. TIA
indyeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #56
jsims002
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyeric View Post
Hello,

Kind of off topic but where did you get your plate holder....I hate my Muscle's fold out holder. I have seen replacements but I do not want to spend a hundred bucks for a holder. Seems like everything is so expensive for the Rods. TIA
http://www.demonscycle.com/Sidemount...s/c256842-2-1/

Best quote EVER!!!

Quote:
Old 05-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #57
ukvrscdx
Registered Full

Did you have to do anything to the oil cooler hose that looks like it may be in the way of the front exhaust pipe where it exits the head ? It looks as if it may touch the pipe when the Muscle pipe is fitted.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #58
RodKing
The Crusades

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsims002 View Post
I think there is a difference in the lower triangle frame around the bottom of the gas tank on the earlier Vs. That is where the mount points are on the 08 and newer bikes for the exhaust cans. But we all know, anything can be fabricated, including the head pipes. You can get the whole F setup used for a super low price from an F'er that went to a 2-1. If I had an earlier V and really wanted to do it, I would get the F exhaust, and make it fit. Even if the head pipe connectors were different, I'd hack mine off and have them welded to the F headers. Then fab a bracket for the cans.
jsims

I've been following your lead with the F pipe onto your VRSCDX

I have just purchased a complete F system from a fellow forum member and I have a few questions for you - if you don't mind.

1. The crossover pipe on the F seems to interfere with the oil cooling line on my AW - The F crossover has a small shield on it
but did you move your oil line or did you have to re-route the oil line?

I have a couple of bud's that are expert welders - could the crossover
holes be welded shut - if the above is the problem? This seems to be a last resort method.

2. I understand the dipstick issue that you have explained - Is oil filling a problem ?

3. I plan on cutting down the original mufflers by about 6" or so and re attaching the "tips" I'm presently running tab baffled with their tuner - my bike sounds great. How would you rate the sound of yours after the V&H?

Thank you for any help or guidance you can give me, I'm planning on starting next week as we have a couple of warm days to ride.
RodKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement