Any pics with Saddlemen TS1450R tunnel bag on a DX? - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCDX
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 08-29-2011, 10:29 AM   #16
jt3
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
As you can see from the pictures, if installed correctly, only the handle really sticks out past the rear pillion. The bag can easily fit with with any sissy bar (assuming the pillion is no shorter than stock). However, depending on the sissy bar mount, it may be tricky to get to the rear locking clasp, since it's located at the center of the bag.
jt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #17
trbo2nr
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsht33 View Post
does anyone know if this bag will fit with a small bitch bar installed
thanks
I doubt it but let's see who knows.
2007 NightRod Special K&N/Topless/Tab Slash Cuts/PCIII USB/Superbrace/Sundowner/Rear brake light conversion/Battery tender wiring/45736-07 Steering Stem Nut Kit/75210-07B Fuel level sensor/LED rear brake light/Swing arm and front cap covers/Diamond black grips/pegs/shifter/ Black bars/69873-07 headlamp/AW pillion #52387-07/Ghost Rider mirrors/lower shock bolt covers/260 Metzler 880, Ron Cooper upper fork covers, Progressive 440 and Progressive front lowering springs.
trbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #18
tlsazarac
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
tail bag

Did you look at the Harley XR1200 bag? I have one for my D and it fits like custom. with or without small sissy. Can't believe it wasn't made for the V.
tlsazarac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:28 AM   #19
pfbmgd
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlsazarac View Post
Did you look at the Harley XR1200 bag? I have one for my D and it fits like custom. with or without small sissy. Can't believe it wasn't made for the V.
What is the part number .I can`t find what bag you are talking about .
Topless
Avon tires
pfbmgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:09 AM   #20
hotsht33
Registered Full

93300005 heres the hd part number
hotsht33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:34 AM   #21
DESTRO
Grabbin' a Handfull

Excellent write-up and pictures! I have been waiting to see the clearance between the bag and the fender. Just might have to get one of these soon.
The Leatherworks 323 Solo Bag
Fuel Moto EFI Tuner
Topless
DDM Tuning H4 HID
DESTRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:03 AM   #22
tlsazarac
Registered Full

tail bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfbmgd View Post
What is the part number .I can`t find what bag you are talking about .
PN 90409-08 shown in the 2010 P and A catalog.
tlsazarac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:36 AM   #23
jt3
Lifetime Premium

FYI: The pictures posted earlier in this thread were hosted from my internet provider, which no longer offers that service. I tried uploading them to an alternate site, but it's too late to edit my earlier post, and repoint the links. So...

If you want to see the pictures, they're located in my gallery. The pictures are named simply "Bag1" through "Bag9" and are numbered in the order that they appeared in the earlier post. That should make it painless enough to match the picture to my earlier comments.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

On a side note, I've changed how I mount the bag, eliminating the large pad that used to remain when the bag was removed. All that remains now are the three straps holding the bag down. The front two (actually one strap, run under the pillion, and sticking out in two places) are easily stuffed under the seat, rendering them invisible. This leaves a small strap coming out the very back of the rear pillion, which I just loop around, stuffing the end back under the pillion, which leaves a small loop that's hardly noticeable. I did this by cutting the alternate straps provided (the ones with quick-release hooks). That gave me a longer strap for up front, since the one that originally went to the mounting pad was just a tiny bit too short to loop under the seat (as it was shown in the pictures) and still reach the bag's locking mechanism.

The back was even more ingenious (if I do say so myself). The original front strap (the one that was now too short) had a pair of d-rings, which was used to tighten the looped strap under the front seat. I cut that strap too, and removed one of the d-rings, leaving a short strap with one d-ring at the end. I placed the d-ring AROUND the pillion bolt, running the strap out the back. Thus, once the pillion is installed, that strap cannot be pulled off. It simply runs out the very back of the pillion, and attaches to the bag. Oh, and I taped up the d-ring with electrical tape to avoid rattling.

This method makes the bag a little tighter, so it doesn't wobble side to side nearly as much, but better yet, makes it much cleaner when removed, and comfortable for a passenger, since that hard pad is gone. The only drawback is that this pulls the bag down quite a bit, so it will rub the fender more than with the original installation.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:58 PM   #24
Psycho61
Registered Full

I really like this bag! Anyone put it on a 12 dx?
Psycho61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:12 AM   #25
jt3
Lifetime Premium

The bag should fit a '12 DX, no problem. However, since the pillion is so much thinner, it's almost certainly going to rub the fender a bit more. It just really depends on how worried you are about the paint on your fender.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #26
steppu

great pics jt3, thank you, I've ordered today :-)
steppu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:02 PM   #27
The3rdpower
Registered Full

ORDERING! Perfection in a lowcost bag.

Second thought... I have a low-drag backpack I'll just keep that.

Waiting to be installed...
Rizoma Bars (V2), Rrizoma Triple Tree, Rizoma Light Cover, Rizoma Turn Signals (Graffio with mounts), Rizoma Contact Grips, Oberon adjustable controls, Rizoma Fox Eliminator Plate holder, Racer LED turn signals, Heat Demon Grips, Sundowner Seat/AW Pilon, Joker end mirrors, H-D Security, Arnott Air Suspension

I AM DONE!
(okay that's a lie)
The3rdpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:10 AM   #28
Psycho61
Registered Full

Recently got the bag, I'm going to place some foam between the bag and my fenders to prevent rubbing and use Velcro tape to make the foam easy to replace, ion case dust gets trapped between foam and fender. Will post pics mounted to a 12 dx when I get it all together.
Psycho61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #29
kiwiwheels

Big thanks to jt3. Was looking for a bag for my DX (2012) and this post was perfect in helping me decide. Almost orderd TS1620 by mistake if it was not for clarification on this post. Appreciate the effort on the photos and descriptions.

Ordering bag today. Will buy some padding and if need be dye it balck so it doesnt look to obvious but still protects the fender.
kiwiwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:34 PM   #30
LongRifle45

Does anyone have pics of this on a 2012 VRSCDX? I was considering this for mine and I am confused on what size to get. Based on the pillon measurements, it sounds like I need the wide, but on here it sounds like folks went with the standard. If anyone has this on their 2012, please post some pics and give me your thoughts.
LongRifle45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement