Cold Weather Gear/Over Pants - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 11-25-2012, 11:21 PM   #16
pScyko
Jarhead

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've got a pair of icon denim insulated pants size 36 that are too big for me. Worn once and washed to see if they would shrink... they didn't. I got them as a gift and had no where to return them. They are yours if you want them. Just pay shipping.

Vintage 2002 Harley Davidson V-Twin_Racing_Street_Custom_A_Model_V-ROD

De-badged vivid black & chrome
Weld Racing Charger5 wheels w/ matching pulley
Semi-topless
16Ga Screamin EagleŽ headers
Screamin EagleŽ Race Tuner
Unlimited Engineering 5.3 Gal gas tank
pScyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 06:16 AM   #17
BrentMiller72
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
PM sent on the icon denim jeans
BrentMiller72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:41 AM   #18
rc4man
EXCELSIOR

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I've got three pair, some simple Cortech Overpants, which have padded knees and hips, a couple thigh vents and are water proof but not thermal insulated.
I've got an older HD pair that are insulated but not water proof.
And I've got a Tourmaster Caliber pair that has zip out thermal lining, are padded, and water proof. Only bad thing about them though is there's a spot which can melt on the V-Rods pipes.
Overpants are worth while expense and investment in safety and comfort.
Things to look for is ease of on-and-off, protection from elements wet and or cold and road rash. Price can be a consideration but generally I've found that when you find something you like you buy it anyway.
I ride with alot of "cruiser" types, the weekend wanna be bikers that leather up for the look. Quite honestly chaps as compared to a good pair of overpants bite.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #19
Cowpieapex
Registered Geezer

Wet Crotch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxlamf View Post
Really? The man is going to Work what if it starts to Rain their Fringe man? They walk around with wet Crotches at your work? Oh wait you wear chaps they probably do.
That's what the windshield is for.
Honestly though the textile kit you mention is great stuff built to keep you warm and dry all day long on flooded roads. With venting, removable layers and lightweight body armor, I wear mine year round.

Except on my V.
The position of my rear header(R model), places my right cuff in light contact with the heat shield leaving a persistent burn mark on the chrome. So I've dusted off the ol' black leather chaps. Oil 'em up and they'll stand up to a couple of hours of steady rain. And yes, a quick mount windshield makes hard weather riding much easier. What better way to celebrate a sunny day than clipping it off and hanging it in the shop.

I live in the northwest though, and ride 50 weeks a year, so a 650 single dual sport and full Tourmaster kit is my answer to snow, rain and hail. With the right gear, cutting it up in the rain on a light weight single is a real hoot.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #20
Scootertrash
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
http://www.firstgear-usa.com/ht_overpants.html

I wear an older version of firstgear overpants.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #21
jt3
Lifetime Premium

A little pricey maybe, but I picked up a pair of HD FXRG leather pants on sale, and I gotta say, these things are awesome. I've ridden in sub-freezing weather, without a windshield on my VROD, and my legs were toasty warm. I used them all last winter with no issues.

Plus, while they have a couple zippers in the thigh, they have almost no ventilation, so you'd think they'd be too warm to wear when things warmed up a little, but actually that little ventilation is pretty effective, because I can wear them comfortably all the way up to the high 80s. After that, I have a pair of Joe Rocket mesh pants I wear. (I ride to work, and have to wear overpants, because my work pants are highly allergic to the hot exhaust pipe, and tend to melt if I stray too close.)
jt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #22
BowtieNut
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I got a pair of these last spring and they've been great.

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...cle_pants.html

I slip them over jeans or khakis for the morning commute to work, and they're easy on & off. I've worn them down to 35* and my legs are not cold at all with just regular pants and these over top. They're not overly thick or bulky feeling either. And I think I only paid like $75 locally at Shade Tree. Now I just need warmer gloves, or heated grips, cuz my hands get cold long before anything else.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #23
pwrman
Registered Idiot

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxlamf View Post
Really? The man is going to Work what if it starts to Rain their Fringe man? They walk around with wet Crotches at your work? Oh wait you wear chaps they probably do.

What makes you think I wear pants under my chaps?
Op said cold weather not wet.
pwrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:18 AM   #24
flybigjet
Departed the Fix.

Feedback Score: 21 reviews
I'm getting rid of a brand new pair of Icon Overlord Textiles if you're interested. Bought pants, sold bike. Not my brightest move.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthr...41#post2368341
flybigjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement