Full exhaust systems - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCSE
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
bryan_b
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: WV
Posts: 3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Full exhaust systems

Hey everyone... I was wondering if there was any full exhaust out there other than v&h competition 2-1. I am having a hard time trying to find different options. '06 screamin eagle v-rod.
bryan_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
pgilliam1
Registered Full
 
pgilliam1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 709
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Newbie question - do a search in mechanical section here -
search: "v rod exhaust" on eBay. Lots of them.
pgilliam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:59 AM   #3
FABSTER
King of High C's!
 
FABSTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,491
Images: 66
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_b View Post
Hey everyone... I was wondering if there was any full exhaust out there other than v&h competition 2-1. I am having a hard time trying to find different options. '06 screamin eagle v-rod.
I appologize for the rudeness in the above post (post #2)

There are a couple exhausts available for the V-Rod out there, less than what where available 5 years ago though but there still are some. It'll all depend on what you're looking for, aesthetics, power, weight reduction, 2-1, chrome, black, etc, etc...

Actually a member is reviewing a "new" exhaust that is mostly a copy of the VH Comp but costs around $300 shipped new, here's the link:

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171357
__________________

FABSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:18 AM   #4
pgilliam1
Registered Full
 
pgilliam1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 709
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^ Didn't realize you were so sensitive . Whip yourself for being such a weenie
pgilliam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
FABSTER
King of High C's!
 
FABSTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,491
Images: 66
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgilliam1 View Post
^ Didn't realize you were so sensitive . Whip yourself for being such a weenie
LOL! That's the last thing a "newbie" want to be told when asking something in his first posts, Manners boy, Manners!!!!
__________________

FABSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:37 AM   #6
pgilliam1
Registered Full
 
pgilliam1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 709
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The last thing newbies want to hear, but the first thing newbies should be told in order to keep reposts to a minimum (I also gave him 2 good suggestions to find answers to his post).

So OP, you decide: Rude, or Informative?
pgilliam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #7
FABSTER
King of High C's!
 
FABSTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,491
Images: 66
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
__________________

FABSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #8
jmt21022
Registered Full
 
jmt21022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 79
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I put a Bub Jug Huggers exhaust on my '07 VRSCX this past spring. I'm pretty happy with the sound and performance. I know I give up a little horse power over the 2 in to 1 exhausts but I prefer the look. Purchased off of ebay for $425 plus $25 for shipping, brand new, in the box. Keep your eyes open and something will pop up.
Good luck!
__________________
#204/1400 VRSCX
BUB Jug Huggers, K&N Top on, PCIII
jmt21022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:49 AM   #9
lastinline
on the hwy to hell
 
lastinline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Richland Hills Texas
Posts: 5,024
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FABSTER View Post
I appologize for the rudeness in the above post (post #2)

There are a couple exhausts available for the V-Rod out there, less than what where available 5 years ago though but there still are some. It'll all depend on what you're looking for, aesthetics, power, weight reduction, 2-1, chrome, black, etc, etc...

Actually a member is reviewing a "new" exhaust that is mostly a copy of the VH Comp but costs around $300 shipped new, here's the link:

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171357

some newbies let alone some that have been here awhile can't seem to navigate the forum well let alone the search function, not sure why tho, but noticed he hasn't replied either anyway my vote would go out for the 2into1 Bassani road rage
__________________
09 Red Hot Sunglow VRSCF
lastinline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:03 AM   #10
jmt21022
Registered Full
 
jmt21022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 79
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
pgilliam1, this is the only sound clip I could find with the Bub exhaust on my bike. Unfortunately, it's only at idle.

My only gripe with this exhaust was that the mounting bracket they send with the exhaust wouldn't work. I have a feeling that the 240 tire bikes have a slightly wider swing arm and the bracket doesn't allow for this. I had a new bracket laser cut from stainless and had a 1/4" offset bend put in it and everything cleared fine after that.
Attached Files
File Type: avi VRodwithBub.AVI (2.15 MB, 27 views)
__________________
#204/1400 VRSCX
BUB Jug Huggers, K&N Top on, PCIII
jmt21022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:15 AM   #11
08-105th
Registered Full
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 54
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You could always go with the V&H 2 into 1
Great sound!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5168.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	941.9 KB
ID:	191929  
__________________
2008 VRSCAWA 539/1200
Super Sport windshield,
Black Diamond controls/pegs
Vance & Hines 2-1 -- Fuelpack
08-105th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #12
FABSTER
King of High C's!
 
FABSTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,491
Images: 66
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastinline View Post

some newbies let alone some that have been here awhile can't seem to navigate the forum well let alone the search function, not sure why tho, but noticed he hasn't replied

Probably got discouraged after the initial "welcome"... Search function work sometimes and sometimes dont, hell I have trouble sometimes looking for posts I made myself....
__________________

FABSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #13
pgilliam1
Registered Full
 
pgilliam1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 709
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt21022 View Post
pgilliam1, this is the only sound clip I could find with the Bub exhaust on my bike. Unfortunately, it's only at idle.

My only gripe with this exhaust was that the mounting bracket they send with the exhaust wouldn't work. I have a feeling that the 240 tire bikes have a slightly wider swing arm and the bracket doesn't allow for this. I had a new bracket laser cut from stainless and had a 1/4" offset bend put in it and everything cleared fine after that.
THX for the clip. They sound just as loud as my SE, though they do have a deeper tone that I like. I'm going to try some inserts installed into the SE original baffles and see if that won't quiet them down a bit.
THX Again -
pgilliam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #14
jmt21022
Registered Full
 
jmt21022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 79
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgilliam1 View Post
THX for the clip. They sound just as loud as my SE, though they do have a deeper tone that I like. I'm going to try some inserts installed into the SE original baffles and see if that won't quiet them down a bit.
THX Again -
If I can get some sound under throttle this weekend, I will. It's warm here for a couple days and I know I'm gonna have it out for a bit. Maybe see if I can get my gf or her daughter to go for a ride and record while on the back! LOL

Not sure if the tone will change when I have it re-tuned or not. I had the Samson exhaust on and had it tuned for that. Haven't had it dyno tuned with the new exhaust. Pretty sure I can probably get a couple more hp out of it. Dyno'd at 108 with the Samson, K&N and PCIII. Put the Bubs on and it dyno'd at 114 with no adjustments.
__________________
#204/1400 VRSCX
BUB Jug Huggers, K&N Top on, PCIII
jmt21022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum