Guard Dawg Keyless ignition - Page 6 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 06-25-2012, 05:07 PM   #76
rjrivero
Friend of Max.

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoppen View Post
A new post in the How-To section would be great. I know I will most likely be using it in the near future.

Also, has anyone tried e-mailing the address mentioned earlier in this thread about group pricing? I sent an email to that address last week to see what the group rate was looking like and never got a response.
the email is keylessmod(at)v-rod(dot)net

All Emails have been answered. Didn't see yours.
What you have just read is my opinion. I assume no responsibility for anyone applying my opinions to their own VRSC motorcycle, much less their own lives. Do not duplicate these stunts. They are preformed for you by trained monkeys. There is nothing professional in what you have just read.

V-Rod Editor American Iron Magazine

I will no longer be recieving PM's. Please contact me via the email option. Thanks.

RJ
rjrivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #77
Thoppen
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think I may have types the email address incorrectly. Just resent. Thanks.
Thoppen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:30 PM   #78
akakillroy
H VROD 5

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I completed the install video. I created a new post under the how too section here:

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165962

Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using MO Free
akakillroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #79
Gumbysbuff
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
E-mail sent to check pricing on the DGD-KIM.

Hopefully there is another one in stock, as my dealership has been waiting 3 weeks for a 2005 vrscb ignition switch to ship, and I'm sick of waiting. }:-)

This sounds like it's just what I need since I've gone through 3-4 ignition switches in under 3 years.. 2 from lock-ups... and have had 2 dropped keys while riding (the last was only ever the key itself.. nothing ever attached to it).

Nice video by the way.. you sold me. };-)

'05 VRSCB
Gumbysbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #80
Gumbysbuff
Registered Full

Tags won't switch to auto...

Video was great... finally got around to installing it.

Got a DGD-KIM and told them it was for an '05 Harley V-rod.

small hiccups -- they didn't send me a Harley one... there was no jumper, only had one 1/2" piece of shrink tubing, and there were 3 yellow slots.. not 2 blue and a yellow.

They did, however include the female and male pin connectors, so I made a jumper with some spare wire and used my own shrink tubing, along with grabbing 2 blue slot wire ends I had in the shop.

They also sent me the version for the optional accessory switch... without the switch. I kept wondering what the black speaker wire was for... that's the only solution I came up with. }:-)

The installation went smoothly, and I only had the slight hiccups that I listed. It works great in manual mode... there is one problem I'm having though...

I can't get the FOBs to switch to automatic.
I have a call into DGD.. waiting for a response... but I hit the button for 6 seconds... the light goes off... I hit the button 3 times quickly... and nothing.. no flashes, nothing.

Both tags are doing the same thing.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas. I've tried it with them next to the bike and away from the bike... they just won't tell me what config they are in and won't switch to auto. The manual works fine... I have tried the triple push slow and fast... right when the light goes out... and waiting until the second light goes out... still no flashes.

Let me know if anyone has ideas.

}:-)

Thanks,

-Kris

'05 VRSCB
Old 02-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #81
Gumbysbuff
Registered Full

And it's fixed.

Just got a call from DGD.... apparently you need to hold down BOTH buttons for 6 seconds... then do the big button 3 times to switch the mode. }:-)

from the manual...

"Switching from “Manual” mode to “Automatic” mode.
1. Firmly push and hold the label on the Dawg Tag until the LED goes OUT. (Approximately 6 seconds)
2. Quickly, push the label 3 times,
3. Let the Dawg Tag complete its flashing, ( 3 or 5 times depending on current mode)
4. Again, push the label 3 times, then watch for the LED to “Flicker” confirming the mode has changed.
(If you are in doubt as to whether you switched modes, simply repeat the procedure and count the flashes).
5. The Dawg Tag can be toggled from “Manual” mode to “Automatic” mode and back again by simply
repeating this procedure. *** If you purchased multiple Dawg Tags you may want to only put one of them into
“Automatic” mode. This will extend battery life during storage.
Page"

It should read firmly push and hold BOTH buttons until the LED goes out... then continue on from there.

}:-)

WooHoo!

'05 VRSCB
Old 09-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #82
DigitalKnight
Out of time....

If you remove the keyswitch altogether like it says you can do in the video is there a push button option to open the seat for the gas tank?

Also does this play well with the security system?
DigitalKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:57 AM   #83
sbrown
redneckgearhead

Yes it plays just fine with the security system. And yes there is the button for the later bikes (the ones with the key up by the steering stem) that you can get to lock your seat down if you so choose. Me I just took the latch off the seat. There really isn't a need to have a latch on the seat, IMO.

Warning::: ANY COMMENTS OR POSTS SUBMITTED BY ME IS AN OPINION! I AM FLATTERED IF YOU CONSIDER MY OPINION WORTHY OF GETTING UPSET OVER BUT REMEMBER IT IS JUST AN OPINION! PLEASE TRY TO KEEP YOUR LITTLE GIRL FEELINGS IN CHECK AND DONT TAKE LIFE SO SERIOUS! brownsmustang@yahoo.com

It is immoral to steal my money, no matter how noble your cause...
sbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #84
DigitalKnight
Out of time....

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrown View Post
Yes it plays just fine with the security system. And yes there is the button for the later bikes (the ones with the key up by the steering stem) that you can get to lock your seat down if you so choose. Me I just took the latch off the seat. There really isn't a need to have a latch on the seat, IMO.
Thanks for the reply. My bike is a 2006 VRSCD that had the switch back at the tank location but was moved up due to the 5 gallon tank conversion. I would like to ditch the key switch altogether and just have a push button seat release if possible.

I am currently in the process of having the tins painted and changing the headlight, handlebars and gauges and will be installing the VRSCSE center console with a simple speedo/tach/odom single gauge on the new handlebar.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #85
sbrown
redneckgearhead

The part numbers for the button are in here http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29574

Warning::: ANY COMMENTS OR POSTS SUBMITTED BY ME IS AN OPINION! I AM FLATTERED IF YOU CONSIDER MY OPINION WORTHY OF GETTING UPSET OVER BUT REMEMBER IT IS JUST AN OPINION! PLEASE TRY TO KEEP YOUR LITTLE GIRL FEELINGS IN CHECK AND DONT TAKE LIFE SO SERIOUS! brownsmustang@yahoo.com

It is immoral to steal my money, no matter how noble your cause...
sbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #86
DigitalKnight
Out of time....

Thank you for the link to that post ! I will get the parts ordered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement