Attention Deficit V-Rod - Page 9 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 07-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #121
d_lange@att.net
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Those are great bikes, which you have heard the same from others.

Sounds like a very expensive venture with new issues to solve.

I definitly don't have the skills or money to do what you have done but it is great to see you create those great bikes!

Thanks for sharing.
d_lange@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2010, 07:05 PM   #122
Ethan
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks for the positive comments guys.

The respect must go to Smoken Joe who worked till 2 am every night for the week before I came home to get them all done and ready to ride. He is keen to get his hands back on them and fix the few issues there are, but the wife and I are hogging them while the sun shines. Yes it was an expensive venture but one thing for sure is that working with an experienced builder can save you money over doing things yourself - we got a lot of discounted prices on parts and services from the fabricator which pretty much saved us as much as Joe's labor (which is already very reasonable!).

Can't wait to see what the final figures are like. At 6000 rpm she is making 115 rwhp without turning on the juice..
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:16 PM   #123
CPTJAM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Watch your main PTO oil seal. I blew mine out, and it leaked oil everywhere. Richard is on holiday until the 5th, so, he should be in touch the 6th. Did you modify your fuel pump or regulator? It is not an air issue - the blower pumps plenty. Joe
TRAVELER: 2006 Roadrod VRSCR, Custom painted Ultrawhite, TTS Supercharger version2.0, TMAX, K&N, Supertrapp V5 exhaust, Pondo Caps, HC Stage II V LED tailight, "A" model bars, Corbin seat, luggage rack, Sumax bags, chrome peg mounts, '08 "D" wheels, polished, rear pulley by Pondo. Slipper clutch. More to come! Old Dyno results: 155 HP 86#TQ
COMET: 2009 AW, painted ultrawhite, a work in progress....105.18 HP, 73.98 torque;
CPTJAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:24 PM   #124
Ethan
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTJAM View Post
Watch your main PTO oil seal. I blew mine out, and it leaked oil everywhere. Richard is on holiday until the 5th, so, he should be in touch the 6th. Did you modify your fuel pump or regulator? It is not an air issue - the blower pumps plenty. Joe
Sorry to hear about the oil seal, looking forwards to hearing what Rich can do with the fix for a few things I know he is working on.

So far I have put almost 400 miles on her, just keeping an eye on things and topping up where necessary - best way to find out where the kinks are. Joe put in a mustang fuel pump, so she should be getting plenty of gas.. trouble is with so many changes there was always going to be a few issues. Smokey is pretty sure he can get them ironed out, but I just want to have some fun for a while and as long as nothing is doing permanent damage I will keep riding her for a bit before she goes back to the shop.
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #125
Muscled_up
Registered Full

Was this ever sorted and what was the final HP figures?

167 RWHP
103 FT LB

Garrett GT25 Ball Bearing Turbo
Custom Built Headers
Custom Built Exhaust
Barnett HD Clutch
Dynojet Quickshifter
SMT Billet Hand Grips,Pegs,Shifter
BPP Belt Guard
440 Progressives
Metzelers
RRC Screen
Custom Air Brushing on Tank
Custom Tank Badges
Joker Machine controls,mirrors and mini LEDs

Gloss Black Powder Coating on:
Peg hangers
Brake and Gear arms
Back Rack
Wheels
Pulley & Cush Drive

Saddle Bags When travelling
Muscled_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:01 AM   #126
Malcomx
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Looks like he finished and got it running right, then sold it for less than 12k on ebay.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthr...t=#post2067842
Malcomx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:39 AM   #127
Luvmy04VRod
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 17 reviews
What a WASTE of good looking bike! Ashame ppl do wht they do to these se bikes. I personally think the finished product looks like big pile of
And who in the hell wears shorts , especially for a photo shoot?
PROUD Member Post #149 Las Vegas, NV.

Lord forgive me for what I am about to do but these b@sterds must die!
I will NEVER apologize nor waste my time defending my God-given right to keep and bear arms; The more and bigger the arms, the better
!!
Luvmy04VRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #128
XvtxCrewzr
Crash Bandacoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
8 weeks to go until we need this to be finished.. last decision that needs to be made. Intake and SC pipes: Do we chrome them or do we paint them to match the frame? Excuse the slightly crappy photoshop job but what do people think? We will probably go with what the forum decides as I can't make up my mind. Chrome engines look great.. but so would orange pipes..

My brother calls me a "chromosexual"..so obviously I vote for chrome!
'05 VRSCB,Sundowner seat with pillon,chrome side covers,chrome switch housings,chrome fuel cell covers,chrome brake/clutch resevoir covers,chrome engine kit,luggage rack,chrome swingarm,chrome upper/lower belt covers,pivot covers,power commander III with SE slip-ons and SE airfilter,and more chrome
Also a vintage '72 750 Norton Commando,and a Yammi XJ700 Maxim X
Now I'm REALLY
XvtxCrewzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:40 PM   #129
shobbs
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Looks like it's been a while since Ethan has been on the board but so I'm not sure if he will see this but does anybody know what brake-turn combo light he used? I'm planning on putting the same fender from Ricks on my 08 DX and that light looks sharp! Any info on this light or even on the fender install itself would be a help.

Cheers,
Steve
shobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement