This header design was chosen to equal-out the primary lengths between the two cylinders, to better scavenge the gases and to also even the pulses arriving to the turbo and therefore arriving to the motor. This is especially important as there are only two cylinders doing the work and sharing the air entering the motor.
A 60 degree V-engine with one crank pin is NOT symmetric, did you count it in Your build?
300rwhp, E85 fuel
Falicon +3/8" full circle, K1, ceramic CP 4.25" pistons
Billet oil-pan, pinned cases and ceramic bearings, 12mm head and main studs
Jones cams, SuperAlloy valves, titan retainers, springs
Turbo Garret GT2560R, water cooled
16 Psi Forge waste gate and BOV, Valeo i-cooler
Black Ops 172lb/hr injectors, Wabro 255lph pump
Porsche tbo 5bar fuel regulator
Daytona VRFIgen3 ECM, KMS 3bar MAP.
11 plates carbon fibre lock-up, billet basket
Str cut 2nd,
K&M plenum and -brace
Hey been awhile between posts but been so busy with work and other stuff that getting everything finished has been a struggle. As expected with 99% of custom builds nothing goes as planned or expected and it always seems to cost a shitload more than 'The Budget'. What started out a detailed project turned into a rather rush to finish during the las couple week of putting it together. Since bringing the bike home I have had to put new oil cooler lines in , rewire the air ride suspension, add IWP189 injectors ( standard on ducati 1098), 2 bar delco map sensor, power commander V. Also needed larger boost sensor lines and other miscellaneous stuff.
Dyno: Spoke with my new tuner today over the phone as I am away working. The bike had a couple runs on the Dyno on Friday and made 160rwhp on 9psi. This was however with the sensor up the exhaust rather than a separate cyl tune. Reason being is his sensor would not fit in the front manifold because of bung position. The vband holding the exhaust was also stuffed hence a slight leak. Because on my work these couple small issues are going to take a few weeks to rectify and we are hoping to get another 10hp or so once the final tweaks are made...
I'm not going to lie and say the experience was fun and joyful and for everyone to have a go.. Haha trust me it will turn out expensive, it will add to your grey hair collection and you will miss riding you baby as I have for over 4 months now!! In saying all that I am more than happy with my 'F' now, I just want to ride the f%#king thing!!
Well it's been a long painful road but I can finally finish this thread. Bike was dynoed yesterday @ 170hp, 116ft torque with 10psi. I'm happy with how it's running (no thanks to the original a hole who ended up building me a bunch of shit that didn't run). I made a little list for anyone keen to have a crack at DIY.
I ended up making my own exhaust, manifold, boost actuator bracket, drainage and the list goes on...
Gt2554r garrett ball bearing turbo
18mm oil drainage (internal diameter)
Separate 8mm fitting in primary casing used as a breather
Power commander v
Delco 2 bar map sensor
Turbo smart boost 'T'
Front mount inter cooler
Modified trask plenum and BOV
Custom dump pipe into Vance&Hines silencer
Thick Steam pipe manifold
K&N pod filter
Oil supply -4an fittings and tapped into oil supply where oil filter is attached
1mm restrictor in oil feed
Mate it's a vinyl 3m carbon wrap. So completely reversible. Saw them do it on YouTube so bought some and had a go. A lot harder than it looks but a few tries in I got it looking great... People get pretty surprised when I tell then its wrapped @big poppa