air ride for the R?? - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCR
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 06-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #16
boostinbaja
Bad ride inside

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
mine is using an 08nswingarm and it lowered it 2 inches while using stock shock the swingarm box is farther out on the 08 and doesnt hit at the same distances as the early swingarms do
see how much the 240 tire is UP in the fender with stock shocks!!!

SE stage 2 cams
SEPT
26tooth
V+H 2-1
131 rwhp
240 pirelli fat ass
lots of powder coating
wicked airbox
and other stuff
boostinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2012, 12:54 AM   #17
Philthy
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Arnotts won't make a shock in a custom length? That is unusual. Most small shock manufacturers will make custom lengths. I have two bikes with custom length, made to order shocks, although mine are not air shocks.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:53 AM   #18
dviry
gRRR

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
so you swapped only the swingarm, and got a 240 in the package? no other changes (belt, brake, etc...) ??
200 rear, PCIII, 4 red Competition Footpegs, Front Mirror Signals, Custom Tacho Faceplate, Headlight Visor, Amsoil Air Filter, Topless, X-Screen, Slipper Clutch, 26T pulley, Kuryakyn chromed spider hand grips, chromed slotted HD levers, Works Progressive Chromed Street Tracks, Heavy Duty front fork oil, gel padded seat, radiator grills, Custom Dynamics red accent lights, chromed horn cover
Cortech Sports bags (x3), Axio Tailbag, Tankbag
dviry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #19
boostinbaja
Bad ride inside

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
first I did the budget 240 notching the stock swingarm. but Joseph Three dogs suggested we use an 08 swingarm, compensator, belt, and i chose to upgrade the rear brake to a two piece Brembo (R's have a one piece brembo)yes pretty much everything in the conversion is 08 DX stuff... I am now in the process of installing powder coated all black "F" wheels!
SE stage 2 cams
SEPT
26tooth
V+H 2-1
131 rwhp
240 pirelli fat ass
lots of powder coating
wicked airbox
and other stuff
boostinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #20
CPTJAM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 31 reviews
OK, this works: get the arnotts, get the lowering kit, install it so it raises the bike, and bolt on the shocks. Plumb the compressor, and you are all set!
TRAVELER: 2006 Roadrod VRSCR, Custom painted Ultrawhite, TTS Supercharger version2.0, TMAX, K&N, Supertrapp V5 exhaust, Pondo Caps, HC Stage II V LED tailight, "A" model bars, Corbin seat, luggage rack, Sumax bags, chrome peg mounts, '08 "D" wheels, polished, rear pulley by Pondo. Slipper clutch. More to come! Old Dyno results: 155 HP 86#TQ
COMET: 2009 AW, painted ultrawhite, a work in progress....105.18 HP, 73.98 torque;
CPTJAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #21
josephthreedogs
reservation dogs

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
With the '07 and newer swingarm you can use a 12" shock without hitting the tank. Bike sits a little too low for my liking but it works.
josephthreedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #22
Philthy
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
And I went the other way, raising the rear of the bike for more cornering clearance .................
Old 11-24-2012, 04:03 AM   #23
Frank Sprio
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hi guys,
this is my same nightmare... lowering an VRSCR is a problem...I've mount a VRSCDX shox... but because the are too short causing the cross bar to hit the tank... for this reason I've mounted a rear lowering kit 1,75" in inverted position and now I've fit a 13" rear shocks... now I want to try if, by lowering the fork legs, changing something on the rear tail (I think you should raise a little)... When I will do this work I will post the results...
Frank Sprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:11 AM   #24
Frank Sprio
Registered Full

sorry guys, but... I forgot to mention that I have mounted a swingarm of VRSCAW 2009 ... perhaps for this reason I can not mount the shock absorbers 13 "
Frank Sprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:38 AM   #25
rejector
Retired/Fired

i put a set of platinum air rides on my 08 NRS. As a safety issue was obliged to put two round rubber gromets on the swingarm (under the tank). Worked fine for a few football seasons then leaking air, changed lines and problem remained as it deflated quickly (issues on corners etc). I went for the skullman 11.75 shocks and on lowest setting it rubbed re potholes. Second setting no probs, sits low, is hard and off course my passengers should not be heavier than me in weight (including hand bag weight).

Last edited by rejector; 11-24-2012 at 06:39 AM. Reason: a bourbon spell check
rejector is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement