Procharger - Page 4 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Big Bore/Turbo/SC/NOS area
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 10-23-2010, 05:54 PM   #46
00ttvr6
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post
Would like to know how many ppl have switched with the boosted bikes you speak of?

I can think of 5 right off the top of my head.

What i am about to say is not an attack or trying to stir the pot with anyone, just some facts that i am aware of.

no offense taken

I see alot of bashing about the TMax, some that has them and some that has never had them. I actually have one on a boosted bike if you didn't know already.

Ive had the pc3, max and now the pcv. ppl are quick to jump on a bandwagon when it comes to bashing, doesnt make it right, its just a fact of live on every forum.

First of all I will say the TMax is not totally PERFECT, no system out there is IMO. I have had my share of problems, some MY FAULT and some not, but I don't get on here and start pointing fingers and so on because I screwed it up.

I think that when a company markets it product as a self tuner that can tune any bike in 30 sec, shows a vid of said product doing said claims...thats what ppl expect. then when they get a bike that dangerously stalls, or just plain runs like crap they get fustrated. then when they spend months of going back in forth with "customer service" the fustration grows. The product has issues, zippers is aware of them. I have tuned enough cars, bikes to know that no tuning system is perfect but man this thing just doesnt like 1250 motors.

TMax works very well w/boosted motor, I put the autotune to the test with the new motor/fuel system and it turnd out pretty good. But it didn't happen overnight and there were some bumps along the way and it has not been on dyno yet since new motor.

look foward to seeing your numbers!!!

Next, you actually have to get a computer (again not attacking) to get the map info from the TMax to be able to send the map to be viewed and to see what is going on to try to fix it Instead of getting on here and just start bashing.. It is not a perfect system.... it needs some adjusting to iron out some of the problems. I'm not saying all problems can be fixed

problem is lack of avail adjustments, lack of firmware updates....

, everybike is alittle different but just dont expect to just throw a ecm on and expect it to run flawless right out of the box. That doesn't happen very often with any brand of ecm. whithout some sort of adj.

Dont get me wrong, some bashing on here is well deserved but they have exausted most of their options to get it resolved.

I'm just sayin that some of the bashing on here gets really old when you know it is not legit and you get to the point you just have to say something.

Thats all i have to say about that!
imho, the complaints are legit.
PCV, 250 Duncrap, xr1200 h/l trim
Custom side mount plate
Muscle wheels

04 Dyna
08 Duramax
09 G8 GT
00ttvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2010, 06:16 PM   #47
Lane
TURBONATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00ttvr6 View Post
imho, the complaints are legit.
I agree some complaints are legit (re read earlier post) but the one's I was targeting couldn't send in a map or even look at it but yet get on here and start complaining how bad it was and no one will fix it. You cant just tell someone on the phone that its running bad and expect them to fix it from the other end of the line waving a magic wand. Thats the point i was trying to make. IMO that doesn't call for a bashing session.

BTW mine is a 1250 and yeah I also would like to see dyno #'s

06 SE (Lane-r-ized)

Everything I say is for entertainment purpose only
Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:57 PM   #48
Bruce Helland
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Again I will say I've had no problems with T-Max and turbo. My experience is my own and thats all I can state. Sorry if you have had problems; not sure of the reason.
Bruce Helland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:30 AM   #49
00ttvr6
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post
I agree some complaints are legit (re read earlier post) but the one's I was tageting couldn't send in a map or even look at it but yet get on here and start complaining how bad it was and no one will fix it. You cant just tell someone on the phone that its running bad and expect them to fix it from the other end of the line waving a magic wand. Thats the point i was trying to make. IMO that doesn't call for a bashing session.

BTW mine is a 1250 and yeah I also would like to see dyno #'s
agreed, ppl love to complain. if there is nothing to complin about, they will find something
PCV, 250 Duncrap, xr1200 h/l trim
Custom side mount plate
Muscle wheels

04 Dyna
08 Duramax
09 G8 GT
00ttvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:08 PM   #50
goneracin1234
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
working on one now guys