2012 VRSCDX questions, rear seat removal, saddlebags and more. - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCDX
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 07-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #16
Andy1250
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yes I would love to see some picts. I'm looking into buying some for my 2012 DX

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Andy1250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #17
Baldursscv
VRSCADX Ryder

@ Andy: I will take some tomorrow. We have the same bike.
Baldursscv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:20 PM   #18
Andy1250
Registered Full

Cool :thumbup:I just replaced my back tire after getting 9,700 miles out of it with a 260 Metzler and fit perfect looks good and rides better down the highway

Andy1250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:56 AM   #19
helby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1250 View Post
Cool :thumbup:I just replaced my back tire after getting 9,700 miles out of it with a 260 Metzler and fit perfect looks good and rides better down the highway

helby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #20
Baldursscv
VRSCADX Ryder

I added pics to my journal, please go to page 2 for saddlebags pics. Please forgive my bad grammar. English is my second language.

https://www.icloud.com/journal/#3;CA...4-247D4D814958
Old 07-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #21
scnightrod43
Registered Full

no affense but if you didnt figure it out in 8 hours, you shouldnt be working on your bike. seat flips over, you pull the pin attached to the metal rope holding the seat. then theres one bolt to take off the front seat. then 2 bolts for the rear. take the 2 bolts off and pull the seat forward and out
scnightrod43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #22
Andrew G
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1250 View Post

Did you have to make any mods to get the 260 to fit?
Andrew G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #23
NepperZ
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by scnightrod43 View Post
no affense but if you didnt figure it out in 8 hours, you shouldnt be working on your bike. seat flips over, you pull the pin attached to the metal rope holding the seat. then theres one bolt to take off the front seat. then 2 bolts for the rear. take the 2 bolts off and pull the seat forward and out
No offense but you shouldn't attack someone like that... And again no offense but forums are about helping each other and after paying 16,000 for something I'm not going to risk breaking it on a whim. Thanks for your response though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
NepperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #24
Krishnadas
Registered Full

VRSC bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldursscv View Post
I just installed the HD 2012 DX saddlebags. They are smaller than the previous vrsc bags. They can be removed pretty easily. You can remove the mounting hardware without removing the fender. You do have to remove the fender first time you install the mounting hardware. It is getting late I could take some pics if anyone wants to see.
I have a pair of VRSC bags (were on a 2006 VRSCA). I wonder if they fit on the proper VRSCDX hardware mount...
Krishnadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #25
Baldursscv
VRSCADX Ryder

I took off my 2009 AW bags and mounting hardware before I traded in my bike. They do not fit the 12 DX. I know they will fit the DX with 240 wide tires. I think they started making those in 07 or 08 to 11.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:48 PM   #26
DeeX
'Mortem hostibus'

I have identical saddlebags on my DX. Not big by any means but enough for some tools, and even an under armour top if it chills off. Goggle case with spare lenses etc etc

Before those, I used to shove crap in between the back of the headlight shroud and the bars.

Var

Ness grips, VMOD'd cans,TM AT 550BM,K&N topless,Metzler 280/120,HD LED HL, Custom fork sleeves,Sidemount,Lower booties,HD axle/swingarm covers,32" flat-out dragbar,powder coated linkage,derby,headlight,pulley.Ceramic coated heat shields,cans,Arnott's,Hooligan Motobox,MS-biketec fender,airbox,blue mirrors,Kellermans,soloseat

RIP JLB (Father) 09/25-08/07 RAF 357 SQN SD 'Mortem hostibus'
RIP LMB (mother) 11/33-08/10 May your killer(s) burn in hell...(unsolved)
DeeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:11 PM   #27
photogger
Black Beauty

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by scnightrod43 View Post

Seriously though, get the manual and have fun with your mods!
K&N/topless
Powerline exhaust
Fitzgerald 26T pulley
Progressive lowered front/rear
Blinding bright LED tail and turns
Black bling, and more black bling
photogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #28
Krishnadas
Registered Full

V-Mod Saddlebags for 2012 VRSCDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NepperZ View Post
Hi there, I am new to harley which makes me new to V-Rod. I have a 2012 Nightrod special and am ready to start playing.. hehe.. but need some help. I am familiar with forums so I found a good one and am now looking to the community for some help. So first and foremost, HOW IN THE HELL DOES THE REAR SEAT COME OFF LOL. I must have spent the better part of 8 hours googling, and looking at bike and I am at a loss. Also as far as aftermarket saddlebags what do you all suggest? I have a set I picked up I think I like.. just cant get them on right. And I love the Harley ones but $700 OUCH.

TIA
These saddlebags look very nice (IMHO). I'm still looking but these are at the top of my list.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	V-mod Saddlebags.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	191505  
Krishnadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #29
changohot
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NepperZ View Post
Another one does anyone have saddlebags on their Night Rod? These arent something I will use all the time but in certain situations will be handy.. as I live in ohio and it can go from 70 and sunny to 25 and snow in a matter of seconds lol. Looking for suggestions or maybe options other than harleys
This a "Leatherworks Solo Bag" (Good Bag) it has like a clear coat on the back side. I don't think it rubs to much.

Thanks,
Rod
Old 11-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #30
mstrobes
Registered Full

mstrobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement