Sat on 2012 Night rod at Dealer!!! - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 05-14-2012, 06:00 AM   #16
Zman13
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas3car View Post
There are relocation kits some are pricey. All in all you have to figure out how much riding with a passenger you will do. I put many miles on at first with the wife, now with her schedule I do alot more solo.

As far as what bike trade in and enjoy.
Ya i think thats the thing. My wife loves to ride but dont get much time too! Now when we go on vacation thats another story. If we would take it on a small tour i want her to be comfy. Its deff a tough decision cause i do love my Fatboy Lo and i know it will retain its value really well cause its a softail but when i see the Night Rod it really looks bad a$$ to me and know it seems its pretty comfy as well.. LOL it looks like something a super villain would ride !! Plus i love all blacked out bikes!
Zman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2012, 06:18 AM   #17
Z06_Pilot
Premium Member

This is indeed a quandry. Two completely different bikes for two very different types of riders. The FB Lo, is, well, LOW, and with the footboards, there's a whole lot of scrapin' going on with pretty much any lean angle other than completely upright! If you want a boulevard cruiser, and a lot of people do, that is the bike for you.

The Softail I got had footpegs and with the control extension I added, placed the pegs up even higher, so for a softail, it digs into the corners pretty good. I wanted a bike that could do a little of everything.

And then I hopped on a 2012 NRS....wow, I was a goner...You remove the feeler pegs from the footpegs and this bike gets very deep into the corners. It's also very comfortable for all day riding. Passengers definitely get the short end on the NRS, no doubt about it.

If I could have only one bike, it would be the NRS, hands down...it gets 90% of my ride time...I can't stay off the thing....very addictive....

..."took a bead on the northern plains and just rolled that power on...." Bob Seger, "Roll Me Away"
Z06_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:21 AM   #18
Z06_Pilot
Premium Member

This is indeed a quandry. Two completely different bikes for two very different types of riders. The FB Lo, is, well, LOW, and with the footboards, there's a whole lot of scrapin' going on with pretty much any lean angle other than completely upright! If you want a boulevard cruiser, and a lot of people do, that is the bike for you.

The Softail I got had footpegs and with the control extension I added, placed the pegs up even higher, so for a softail, it digs into the corners pretty good. I wanted a bike that could do a little of everything.

And then I hopped on a 2012 NRS....wow, I was a goner...You remove the feeler pegs from the footpegs and this bike gets very deep into the corners. It's also very comfortable for all day riding. Passengers definitely get the short end on the NRS, no doubt about it. If two-up riding is your thing, and a lot of people like having someone on the back on a regular basis to enjoy the ride with, it's really not the bike for that.

If I could have only one bike, it would be the NRS, hands down...it gets 90% of my ride time...I can't stay off the thing....very addictive....

..."took a bead on the northern plains and just rolled that power on...." Bob Seger, "Roll Me Away"
Z06_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #19
Zman13
Registered Full

Ya i agree that you cant do aggressive riding on the Lo but i wouldnt consider it just a boulevard cruiser. You cant do some major touring on it with extreme comfort. Just from sitting on the New Night rod i know i would be comfy but i dont think i would be as comfy as the Lo. And i know my wife on the back deff would not be! With that being said it still calls to me and im researching to see if the Harley back rest with the rack piece makes a difference for the passenger as far as not sliding off. Also does that rear pillion come off? if it does i could probably take it too a custom seat place and make it a little thicker!
Zman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #20
stevedanger
Registered Full

Did you get the rod? I've got a 12 model taken a few pillions out, it isn't the best for them and you will need some kind of back rest. Mines at the fabricators at the mo getting a removable one made as the HD one is ally and my bikes black also I don't really want to drill my fender.
stevedanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:15 PM   #21
tlsazarac
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by primo56 View Post
I picked up a 2012 NRS (love it). Took a girl on the flood run, she said that she kept sliding back off the seat, so I cleaned the seat with windex, she said that helped a little. Now get this, when she started sliding back she would scoot forward jammin her pussy into my back. I wasn't sure if she really was havin a hard time staying on or what. We ended up at my place. Think I'd test this theory again soon!
What was it you rubbed on the seat?
tlsazarac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #22
boscoe
Registered Full

I have a 2012 NRS. Rarely ride two up since my lady has her own bike. But we will do 30-50 mile one-way jaunts on the V-Rod every once in a while.
She says it is incredibly comfortable (stock) and prefers it to my old Road King. But to put this in perspective, she's 5-3, 115 lbs., very athletic and a motorcycle racer.
boscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #23
cfelletter
Chicopee Machine

I have had my 2012 NRS for 14 mo. and have installed the backrest/luggage rack and the saddle bags on it. I have two kids 9 and 10 Years old who ride with me every chance and the the backrest and bags seem to give the kids some extra comfort and security while they are on back.
cfelletter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #24
primo56
Registered Full

I posted this comment awhile ago, as to what I rubbed on the seat it, it may as well of been Spanish fly! The NRS seems to effect only the girls that get a rush from acceleration.
primo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement