No Codes, runs bad, wont idle well??? - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Technical
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 11-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #16
Johnny HotFoot
TRANNY KILLER :)

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I haven't pulled the spark plugs yet.... it's such a PITA-the front needs batt removed and I have a stripped coil bolt to get out to check rear plug

If shitty plugs (burned up from lean time on the nitrous) could cause a poor idle but otherwise good running engine I'll pull them and replace them, but why wouldn't they make for an all around shitty running motor?
'04B W/ Fitzgerald Motorsports rebuilt 1130 : Cams, Breathless Performance Euro Tail, Clear L.E.D. Integrated tailight, NRS Headlight/Nacelle, Rineharts 2-2, PC3usb, DX wheels/Budget240, 26T Pulley, Superbraced, Boss Noss 50HP shot, Gel padded seat, Sirius Satellite Radio, Raptor Shift Light, V-Mod 2" Rise Drag Bars, PM Renthal Grips, Pingell Electric Shifter, "NOS" Etched Killer Glass w/Blue L.E.D. and Blue Engine Ice Coolant, blacked-out everything and of course; Capped by Pondo
Johnny HotFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #17
pgilliam1
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If it's just an idle problem, why aren't you thinking IAC?
pgilliam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #18
Johnny HotFoot

I read up a bit on the IAC, decided to pull it and clean it.... one broken bolt later I had it off and hit it with some carb cleaner... it was a bit carb'd up. I then tried to 'test it' by turning key, waiting 10 seconds, turning key back off and watching the IAC to cycle through by moving out then in. well, there was no movement. Is that the real way to check the IAC or was I doing it wrong? please help
'04B W/ Fitzgerald Motorsports rebuilt 1130 : Cams, Breathless Performance Euro Tail, Clear L.E.D. Integrated tailight, NRS Headlight/Nacelle, Rineharts 2-2, PC3usb, DX wheels/Budget240, 26T Pulley, Superbraced, Boss Noss 50HP shot, Gel padded seat, Sirius Satellite Radio, Raptor Shift Light, V-Mod 2" Rise Drag Bars, PM Renthal Grips, Pingell Electric Shifter, "NOS" Etched Killer Glass w/Blue L.E.D. and Blue Engine Ice Coolant, blacked-out everything and of course; Capped by Pondo
Old 11-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #19
Johnny HotFoot

If it helps, it would seem it is stuck in the "in" position and not able to move 'out' and plug whatever inlet it plugs when out

does this make sense with my inability to idle, yet runs fine when revs are up?
Old 11-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #20
Johnny HotFoot

only code showing is under the P and it's : no rSC
Old 11-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #21
Johnny HotFoot

Flipped the run switch on. Found a code: P 0113

Also got the iac moving. Second time I cycled the key it shot out. As in 3 pieces on the floor! I truly hate my bike right now. Soooo, assuming my IAC is okay as it moves. Can I just put the pin, spring, and collar back in it and replace it? Or did I ruin it?
Old 11-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #22
Johnny HotFoot

The code makes sense as I have the IAT disconnected at the sensor.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #23
RustyG
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny HotFoot View Post
Flipped the run switch on. Found a code: P 0113

Also got the iac moving. Second time I cycled the key it shot out. As in 3 pieces on the floor! I truly hate my bike right now. Soooo, assuming my IAC is okay as it moves. Can I just put the pin, spring, and collar back in it and replace it? Or did I ruin it?
No sir Your IAC is broke. The pintle should be secured to the main body. Buy a new one. It is not that expensive.
It will not work correctly since the threads for the stepper motor are stripped.

John
Everything is JMHO. Accuracy is not assured.
Quote:
The more I know about people the better I like my dog. - Mark Twain
2007 VRSCX 0461 / 1400
2003 VRSCA – Gone but not forgotten.
2002 Road King Classic
RustyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #24
Johnny HotFoot

So was it broken before I pulled it off the TB and started turning keys or did I break it when it shot out like a mini missile ?
Old 11-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #25
Johnny HotFoot

I'm thinking if it was stripped/ broken before I got it out and apart ( by accident) then replacing it should fix my failure to idle ( yet start and run well) ???
Old 11-18-2012, 07:38 PM   #26
pgilliam1
Registered Full

Yes. The IAC controls your idle and is a known problem on these bikes. Replace it and it should idle fine. The IAC bolts are installed with locktite so you have to heat the bolts to remove them or they will break.
pgilliam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #27
Barracuda1
Lifetime Premium

Johnny, check out this thread. It worked for me:

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166394

Mike
Old 11-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #28
RustyG
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Johnny, I had the same problem, erratic idle etc. Removed the IAC and the pintle headed for the other side of the room. New IAC cured my problems. You can screw the pintle back in but it will pull straight out with a slight tug.

John
Everything is JMHO. Accuracy is not assured.
Quote:
The more I know about people the better I like my dog. - Mark Twain
2007 VRSCX 0461 / 1400
2003 VRSCA – Gone but not forgotten.
2002 Road King Classic
RustyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #29
Johnny HotFoot

Last question: anyone think I can get away with only one bolt holding the IAC in???
Old 11-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #30
Johnny HotFoot

would a stuck IAC (too gunked up to screw out when it's supposed to) cause a crappy idle and stalling while stopped?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement