Forward control search.. - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCDX
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 11-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
jaxx
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Forward control search..

So I am slowly knocking off my parts list for my winter build. I thought parts were expensive when I did my Rocker C build but this one is turning out to be far worse. Anything aftermarket is crazy $$$ it seems.

Anyone know anyone new making a black forward extended control for under $400 or maybe someone I missed? I don't need the brake pedal or shifter arm as I just bought a set of powdercoated ones of the famous powdercoater Tyson on here, lol. I know there is a forum member on here that builds a more extensive unit for around $500 but since I already ordered the other parts I only need a basic system.

I see Vmod has a simple looking option on their site but it lists for $429? A complete mid control setup from them is only an extra 70$.

Any help or assistance would be appreciated.
jaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
budki
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Jay brake is close to where I live so I like to point people there. I bet if you called them and told em what you need they may help. They make nice custom parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #3
jaxx
Registered Full

Thanks man, I will give them a call this week and see what they have to offer.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
jaxx
Registered Full

Well Jake Brake is out, they sent me a message saying they do NOT have an extended system for the V-rod models and they do NOT do custom work. They made sure to put an emphasis on NOT both times...

Anyone else have any suggestions?
Old 11-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #5
VrodG
Greg/Moderator

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
http://www.nhpower.net/bikes/index.p...mid=56&lang=en

I have the 100mm on my bike, check out my gallery for pics.
VrodG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
jaxx
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by VrodG View Post
http://www.nhpower.net/bikes/index.p...mid=56&lang=en

I have the 100mm on my bike, check out my gallery for pics.
The NH Power ones look nice, I had looked on their site previously but no prices were listed and I had thought the last time they had them on Ebay they wanted just under the $500 mark???

I think I mentioned above but not sure, I am 6'2" and the bike came with reduced reach pegs. My other question is, does anyone think the factory mounts that go straight out from the attachment would be enough?? I am going with a custom rear fender and solo seat so I will be sitting back quite a bit further then what I am now. Really would like the extended but I can pick up the straight out factory ones shipped here for around $90, maybe less, as opposed to the $500 with shipping and customs for the Vmod ones.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #7
killerVRod
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I am the guy that makes the controls. I don't know of any other company in the US that makes the extended controls. If you have 2012+ I don't think there is anybody anywhere that does it. The $429 set on vmod is by far the biggest rip off I have seen. It relocates your pegs and gives you extension for the brake and shift rod. It also sticks the pegs out an extra inch which makes your lean angle even worse. Reversing reduced reach pegs work to move you feet out a little bit but it doesn't move the brake pedal or the shift peg. This means you have to take your foot off the peg (unless you are really flexible) to use the brake or shift. I did post a little while ago about a less expensive set of controls that I have designed but no one seemed interested. I was trying to cut costs without cutting quality or functionality. I came up with this :

I was shooting for the $450 shipped range, but if you wanted to be the first we could work out something if you can give me some good pics. Email me at keithmcelhinney@hotmail.com if you are interested.

BTW the normal ones are $535 shipped. They use more material and have more machining. The arm comes out to the new peg location instead of going straight.

-Keith
Custom Lapis Blue V-Rod (Rick's 240 Lector wheel setup,chrome swingarm,Rizoma bars,signal relocators,LED rear lights,V-mod pipes,Custom cut sidemount plate,11.5" SmoothRide shocks,spike grips,Custom cut mirrors, 3" tribal forward controls)
http://www.alteredstatedesign.net
killerVRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #8
jaxx
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerVRod View Post
I am the guy that makes the controls. I don't know of any other company in the US that makes the extended controls. If you have 2012+ I don't think there is anybody anywhere that does it. The $429 set on vmod is by far the biggest rip off I have seen. It relocates your pegs and gives you extension for the brake and shift rod. It also sticks the pegs out an extra inch which makes your lean angle even worse. Reversing reduced reach pegs work to move you feet out a little bit but it doesn't move the brake pedal or the shift peg. This means you have to take your foot off the peg (unless you are really flexible) to use the brake or shift. I did post a little while ago about a less expensive set of controls that I have designed but no one seemed interested. I was trying to cut costs without cutting quality or functionality. I came up with this :

I was shooting for the $450 shipped range, but if you wanted to be the first we could work out something if you can give me some good pics. Email me at keithmcelhinney@hotmail.com if you are interested.

BTW the normal ones are $535 shipped. They use more material and have more machining. The arm comes out to the new peg location instead of going straight.

-Keith

Thanks for the offer Keith. I actually just came across and made purchase on a set of your used forward controls so I am good to go. Quality looks top notch, can't wait to get them mounted.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #9
killerVRod
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Awesome man! Any problems installing give me a shout. Make sure you do NOT use the stock bolt that holds the controls into the frame! If you don't get them with your set I will send you some.

-Keith
Custom Lapis Blue V-Rod (Rick's 240 Lector wheel setup,chrome swingarm,Rizoma bars,signal relocators,LED rear lights,V-mod pipes,Custom cut sidemount plate,11.5" SmoothRide shocks,spike grips,Custom cut mirrors, 3" tribal forward controls)
http://www.alteredstatedesign.net
killerVRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #10
jaxx
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerVRod View Post
Awesome man! Any problems installing give me a shout. Make sure you do NOT use the stock bolt that holds the controls into the frame! If you don't get them with your set I will send you some.

-Keith

Thanks for the heads up Keith, I will definitely order some off you if they aren't in the package. Can't wait to get them and put them on, should make a world of difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement