What eBay is for... - Page 6 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 11-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #76
Louis
Posting From The Pub

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VrodG View Post
Did you even look at lbrown's bike?
I read his quote:

"our v-rod weighed 525 with a single front front disc.. we put another disc and caliper on it and now it is around 532... wheels and exhaust are the only things easily changed to lighten the bike...the engine and frame are both heavy with no way to be lightened that is reasonable..."

What have I missed.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/acam
http://www.thegentlemansnapper.co.uk

Arnotts, D&D, SEPST, custom paint or all chrome according to mood, GRC seat, wave rotors, Muscle wheels, Burleigh bars, V-Gauge, assorted pretty bits.

2007 VRSC-AW (Fun).
2007 KTM 990 Adventure (Off Road and Touring).
2006 Triumph Daytona T955i (Evil).
2009 Fatboy (Heavily Tarted Up Show Pony).
2011 Bonneville (On long term loan).
1978 Triumph Bonneville Based Racer (Needs A Rebuild)
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #77
Ernie82
boredom kills

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Did you even look at lbrown's bike?
I did and I am amazed. 63# weight loss by switching wheels and exhaust. Any other mods not in the thread you posted? I pm ibrown, he has not been active for 4 months, don't know if he will respond.

I assume this is a narrow frame bike.

03 with lots of chrome
07 GT500 Convertible
disposable late model commuter cars
CBR954RR - sold
I edit typos not content
Ernie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #78
Outlander
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ybbogus View Post
Your personal experience is your own and you are the only one who has it. I do not share it. Oh, and this is not my first bike either. I had over 20, from 2- stoke enduros to Ninjas, Ducatis, Honda Turbos and Interceptors. Clearly Harleys too. I love bikes. If I could I would have one of each. Clearly you do not like VRods. Fine. Why are you here then? Plenty of forums devoted for the bikes you enjoy.
Chasis does not back up the engine? It sure does for most of us and many professional test riders. You racing? I figure if you had over 30 years of riding in 2002, probably no spring chicken. You feel the need for more performance at your age? Many choices. Here at vrod forum, we like our VRods.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free
Another forum hero comes forth to purify the herd lest we not all think alike.
Outlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #79
VrodG
Greg/Moderator

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie82 View Post
I did and I am amazed. 63# weight loss by switching wheels and exhaust. Any other mods not in the thread you posted? I pm ibrown, he has not been active for 4 months, don't know if he will respond.

I assume this is a narrow frame bike.
Someone got it.

Leon will be back, he may be busy building another bike.
VrodG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #80
BT
I lift heavy things.

This should be interesting.............
BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #81
DOITLAYNSTYLE
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD

My take on the whole debate is Louis needs to get off the cruiser and stick to the sport bike. I'm stoked that anytime a cruiser rolls up and revs wanting to give it a go.... they get a good look at my 240 as I pull away. I bought it for looks, decent performance, and the cruiser appeal which is not going fast enough at top end to go splat or drag up a hornets nest of cops.

My phone is better than your phone....

'09 VIVID BLACK MUSCLE
CUSTOM MOUNT FOR SPRINGFIELD ARMORY .45 XD
SILVER GHOST FLAMES & PINSTRIPING
TAB SATIN SLASH CUTS, 4" DRAG BAFFLES, TAB TUNER
K&N AIR FILTER "AIRBOXLESS"
PIRELLIS NIGHTDRAGON FRONT
PIRELLIS DIABLO CUSTOM REAR
STRAPLESS & MIRRORS FLIPPED
USB POWER SOURCE & DYNA-BEADS
RAM MOUNTS CUSTOMIZED FOR THE SIII
CUSTOM LED BRAKE LIGHT FLASHER
BLACK ASSASSIN REVOLVER GRIPS
HD SISSY BAR & HD LUGGAGE RACK
SEE THESE MODS AND MORE ON VIDEO
www.youtube.com/user/doitlaynstyle
DOITLAYNSTYLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #82
Vambo
Banned

Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie82 View Post
Vambo you made some good points about human nature.

Consider this, in 02 other liter bikes & liter plus bikes were putting out more HP than the VROD and weighed less. While a tremendous departure from what Harley had ever built and released, it was great but could have been better. The fact that it wasn't is clearly reflected in our resale values before the recession.

Look at the Honda 2013 thread here on the forum, people, including myself, are voicing the same opinion about the the new CB1100F, it could have been better.

The point is criticizing the VROD's shortcomings it not an anti Harley thing, rather a simple statement of fact, no matter who makes it.
Ernie, the V-max also suffers from weak sales, in fact much worse that the V. Being such a huge conglomerate affords Yamaha the luxury of keeping it in the line-up all these years. But it's not a true sports bike and it sits in favor of the sports bikes even though it boast incredible amounts of HP and handles well also. HP people buy sports bikes, the V sells on looks. But sure, every bike built will have someone who thinks it can be better, that's why we mod isn't it?
And I never took the criticism as an anti HD thing I just think any shortcomings as you call it are subjective..
Vambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #83
Vambo
Banned

Quote:
The reason I posted the info is because dumbo said it couldn't be done.

I won't compare sports bike to Vrods, they are 2 different animals.
Well 532 ain't 520 and Louis and I were talking a FACTORY bike at 520. Obviously we can cut and grind and replace parts to reach any kinds of numbers. But the discussion was factory............. as in off the floor "dumbo".

Quote:
I stand corrected its 532lbs
Quote:
Just a little 411, lbrown bike weights in at 525lbs
[I]oh it kills me when this information is on the forum [/I]and people are more interested in trolling than learning.
Do I hear 536?.......
Old 11-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #84
Outlander
Registered Full

Quote:
Quote:
The only intelligence I see in your posts comes from the author of the free iPad app.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:08 AM   #85
Vambo
Banned

Quote:
Your personal experience is your own and you are the only one who has it. I do not share it. Oh, and this is not my first bike either. I had over 20, from 2- stoke enduros to Ninjas, Ducatis, Honda Turbos and Interceptors. Clearly Harleys too. I love bikes. If I could I would have one of each. Clearly you do not like VRods. Fine. Why are you here then? Plenty of forums devoted for the bikes you enjoy.
Chasis does not back up the engine? It sure does for most of us and many professional test riders. You racing? I figure if you had over 30 years of riding in 2002, probably no spring chicken. You feel the need for more performance at your age? Many choices. Here at vrod forum, we like our VRods. Sent from my iPad using MO Free
I don't get that one either, plenty of members run their shite extremely hard, including me, track too and this is the first complaint about the frame integrity or whatever I've heard.
And on the extremely ironic side, outlander rides a street glide! LMFAO! "Nothing Wrong With That", just hilarious to hear all of his V-rod critiquing when he owns such an antiquated sled.

Old 11-18-2012, 04:38 AM   #86
steveiep68
Registered Full

Well back on topic, i told a friend of mine here that i had finally got my bike
" What is it?"
" Harley V Rod, I've wanted one for ages, really pleased"
" Well, yes and no"
"What does that mean?"
" Its a real quick bike,but not popular and doesn't sell. i ride a full bagger, its not for me"
" Well, thats great because its for me not you!. Interesting that you felt the need to pass opinion on my bike when i didn't ask"

Personally i really don't care a jot what bikes people choose, what car they have, what model of phone they use, whatever, if i have an opinion i keep it to myself. I certainly wouldn't feel the need to put down someone else who is obviously excited by his purchase.

"It's not for me"
Answer "You really are mistaking me for someone who gives a f**k"
steveiep68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:43 AM   #87
steveiep68
Registered Full

Oh and by the way, i have a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone, obviously the worlds finest mobile...
steveiep68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:46 AM   #88
Vambo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveiep68 View Post
Well back on topic, i told a friend of mine here that i had finally got my bike
" What is it?"
" Harley V Rod, I've wanted one for ages, really pleased"
" Well, yes and no"
"What does that mean?"
" Its a real quick bike,but not popular and doesn't sell. i ride a full bagger, its not for me"
" Well, thats great because its for me not you!. Interesting that you felt the need to pass opinion on my bike when i didn't ask"

Personally i really don't care a jot what bikes people choose, what car they have, what model of phone they use, whatever, if i have an opinion i keep it to myself. I certainly wouldn't feel the need to put down someone else who is obviously excited by his purchase.

"It's not for me"
Answer "You really are mistaking me for someone who gives a f**k"
Even the sheepiest of sheep don't know they are sheep, even the anti-sheep don't know it. That's all it is. When and if it becomes popular or "cool" to own a V, they will run to get in line.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #89
Outlander
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
I don't get that one either, plenty of members run their shite extremely hard, including me, track too and this is the first complaint about the frame integrity or whatever I've heard.
And on the extremely ironic side, outlander rides a street glide! LMFAO! "Nothing Wrong With That", just hilarious to hear all of his V-rod critiquing when he owns such an antiquated sled.

Frame integrity? Please feel free to find where I wrote that. How many times have I read others complain about your posts where you put words in their mouths. Here we go again.

I do have a Street Glide and usually have at least two motorcycles at a time. As I've mentioned here and elsewhere I'd also been riding a VFR1200 this past year so what is your point?

My first '02

My second

My Street

My VFR

Old 11-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #90
VrodG
Greg/Moderator

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
Well 532 ain't 520 and Louis and I were talking a FACTORY bike at 520. Obviously we can cut and grind and replace parts to reach any kinds of numbers. But the discussion was factory............. as in off the floor "dumbo".

Do I hear 536?.......
If lbrown was to replace the buell wheels with carbon fiber he would be well below the 520lbs. If we can do it HD shouldn't have any problem with reducing weight.
VrodG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement