V-Rod riders are Squids - Page 3 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 11-18-2012, 03:43 AM   #31
fastfail
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
^^^^Exactly

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

Lot's of turbo and nitrous neons
69 Camaro: Small Block (Soon LSxT)
88 TRX250r Custom Beast
Big ass K10
Escalade Tuned and retarted
Follow me on Instagram http://instagram.com/fastfail
Check out this bike on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7x8poB4bDUrB-QJPoZfjtQ
fastfail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 04:50 AM   #32
rejector
Retired/Fired

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone riding is up on the cage jockey irrespective of the ride including pushbikes. That being written having owned over 8 versions of harley, i moved to the rod simply because on open highways on a HD deluxe special for example was pounded by the wind, not comfortable after an hour riding, breaking/weight in mountain rides etc. Now with some mods i even have fun with the rice rockets (i mean fellow riders). In conclusion, those with closed views on this subject should just ride instead of blowing wind with the flapper

Last edited by rejector; 11-18-2012 at 05:12 AM. Reason: crap spelling
rejector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:51 AM   #33
dig10
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Damn i've been had...my bike has Harley Davidson on the airbox cover and now I find out it's not a real Harley..

1ATF Nui Dat Vietnam 69-70
dig10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:53 AM   #34
Vambo
Banned

Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlander View Post
That's one consideration but with interest rates at 1.49% I'd be inclined to hang onto the cash and allow the banks to take on the lending risk.

/ These insufferable squids and their damn Triumphs think they've got the world by the tail.

Exactly, and with the very strong possibility of garnering more than 1.49% or 3% or whatever interest on your savings, the decision is an easy one. Get a bike, stay liquid and cop some pocket change? - Ya WOW is right.
Vambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:03 AM   #35
steveiep68
Registered Full

You guys have it easy anyway when buying your bikes. To put it in perspective, my 04 A model with 8k miles on the clock, cost me U.S $18k here. Oh and the bank rate for a personal loan is 21%!!
Cash it was then
steveiep68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:25 AM   #36
Vambo
Banned

Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveiep68 View Post
You guys have it easy anyway when buying your bikes. To put it in perspective, my 04 A model with 8k miles on the clock, cost me U.S $18k here. Oh and the bank rate for a personal loan is 21%!!
Cash it was then
I would say so!!
Vambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #37
SvFiat
Kidzap

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Squid

This pretty much defines what a "squid" is >

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=squid

As for being a Vrod F owner, as far as I'm concerned it's the best bike HD makes. I usually find myself as the only Vrod in the parking lot at most of the HD dealers I frequent. I just love the comments I get when I pull away from all my airhead buddies like their tied to a bridge............ Some people never learn.

SvFiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:14 AM   #38
rejector
Retired/Fired

28 k in oz in aussie dollar with us dollar its 30 or 31. In indonesia its 40k usd on the road. Jim beam is 64 bucks a bottle in indonesia unless you purchase from customs direct (confiscated stock)? off course thats illegal to purchase just mention it yamaha mio is 1 grand and well it has its benefits in traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveiep68 View Post
Cash it was then
rejector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:43 AM   #39
DoubleVision
Hot Blooded

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Love mine. Our riding group has all kinds of bikes, one guy bought the 10 year anniversary vrod this summer, he also has Kawasaki cruiser and an Eliminator. Touring guys always ask when I'm getting one like thiers - I say never.
Made at Harley plant in Kansas City, Missouri, right along with Sportster and Dyna. all must not be Harley's.
DoubleVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #40
MuVer
Sock Monkey Express

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvFiat View Post
This pretty much defines what a "squid" is >

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=squid

As for being a Vrod F owner, as far as I'm concerned it's the best bike HD makes. I usually find myself as the only Vrod in the parking lot at most of the HD dealers I frequent. I just love the comments I get when I pull away from all my airhead buddies like their tied to a bridge............ Some people never learn.
Same here.....

sent from my phone...you sissies

Harley Davidson: proving that until the V-Rod, they were the innovators of the most inefficient way of turning gasoline into horsepower.
MuVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #41
Z16monte
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgilliam1 View Post
I think you're mixing genres. I rode all the "cruisers" and the V-Rod was the best overall (cool - WOW - handling - braking - etc.). When you say "full-blown cruiser" I think you're meaning "touring" and that goes to the Goldwing, although the K1600 BMW is very close.
Ride what you like - like what you ride!
Most of the people I know refer to Dynas,Softails and such as cruisers, for just cruisin around. Glides, Aspencades, BMWs are tourers.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Z16monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #42
XvtxCrewzr
Crash Bandacoot

"blowing wind wiff da flapper"?? thats a good one! ;-)
'05 VRSCB,Sundowner seat with pillon,chrome side covers,chrome switch housings,chrome fuel cell covers,chrome brake/clutch resevoir covers,chrome engine kit,luggage rack,chrome swingarm,chrome upper/lower belt covers,pivot covers,power commander III with SE slip-ons and SE airfilter,and more chrome
Also a vintage '72 750 Norton Commando,and a Yammi XJ700 Maxim X
Now I'm REALLY
XvtxCrewzr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #43
Z06_Pilot
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxlamf View Post
If you can find an interest rate at that level congrats to you. Buying my Triumph this week they offered my their lowest (3.4) and my credit union (3.8) their lowest. No one is giving Bike Loans for 1.49%.
Really? 1.50% for 4 years last week on my CVO. Got my V-Rod in September for 2.99%, and refinanced the same time as when I bought the CVO, also 1.50%. $0 down on both bikes. No way I would write a check for those when my money does SO much better in the market....

..."took a bead on the northern plains and just rolled that power on...." Bob Seger, "Roll Me Away"
Z06_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #44
H-D Heathen
Asatruar

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
This guy was a squid, riding drunk,rear ends a car at high speed. :

..."Ariel Ballesteros, 38, of 401 Colton Avenue, Bellefontaine, was indicted for aggravated vehicular assault (F3), improper handling of a firearm in a motor vehicle (F4), and two counts of OVI (M1).

On September 13th, a two-vehicle injury accident on Route 33 near Zanesfield closed the highway for several hours.

The Marysville Post of the State Highway Patrol responded to a motorcycle/SUV crash on 33 just east of County Road 10 around 12:30 a.m.

Troopers report that a westbound 2011 Harley-Davidson VRod driven by Ballesteros rear-ended a '99 Honda CR-V operated by April Smith, 59, of 10235 State Route 638, Belle Center.

The motorcycle went off the right side of the road and overturned.

The CR-V traveled across the median, overturned, and came to rest upright in the southeast lanes of 33.

Ballesteros, who was not wearing a helmet, was transported to Grant Medical Center by MedFlight.

Smith was transported to Mary Rutan Hospital by Robinaugh EMS.

Her passenger, Jill Woods, 59, of 109 East Main Street, Belle Center, was flown to Grant Medical Center by CareFlight.

The westbound lanes and one southeast lane of 33 were closed for three hours."

2006 VRSCR-"Not another black V Rod..."
H-D Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #45
budki
Registered Full

Third bike for me. I'm too young for a traditional Harley and feel too old to be out on a rice rocket.

And I always wanted a Porsche since I was about 5 years old. Now I have one...my v rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free Appv-rodder.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement