"R" rated pictures - Page 5 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCR
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 07-21-2011, 03:24 AM   #61
wasaircooled
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I want those wheels so badly that I can't sleep nights. Did you weigh them compared to stock?

The rest of your bike is also extremely tasty but those wheels - form and function in quintessence. (Duoessence??)
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2011, 09:55 AM   #62
swampboogiedoug
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I weighed my turbo R model at Beech Bend a week or so ago. With 1/2 tank of gas it was 593 pounds. I'm running BST wheels. Pictures are on here somewhere.
swampboogiedoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:35 AM   #63
rawdog
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey, I love the mods you have done. Great, great stuff. I have a couple of questions.

1. Did the Rizoma rizers change riding position and was any extra work required to put them on or were they an easy fit?

2. I see where you had to create mounts for the instrument pod. I have seen the pod in person on an XR1200 and it looks great. How did you address the keeping your mileage correct? Did you have a dealer install and certify?

Thanks
rawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:14 AM   #64
chris@sfp
www.skullfilms.se

Im trying to hold my chin up so my boner donīt goes into my mouth! Great project! One of the few "real" rebuilds of the StreetRod... You just overtook the first place from http://www.1130cc.com/forums/attachm...3&d=1208670316 (the exhaust is just wrong on that bike, but the rest is awsome =)
chris@sfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:03 PM   #65
StreetRod07
Registered Full

Nice Build

Great work on your R. I am currently on hold on my R build while I am deployed but I am ordering parts so when i get home its on. Would you be able to pass the part # of the Rizoma foot controls on? I went to the site and no part # offered for the R just the other models.

Thanks again great build up
Topless K&N
V&H Comp Pipes
200mm 18 50
Self shortened stock shocks
119HP 78TQ
Joker Mirrors
Shaved Blinkers
Twin headlight conversion
StreetRod07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:38 PM   #66
RF_R_US
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just curious, why did you go w/the XR1200 forks? I had racetech do my "R" forks and love them. Aren't they the same basically ???

John
"D" headlight, Kuryakan LED mirrors, Heavycycles Stage II Tail Light, Rinehart 2:1, Works Custom 14.25" Shocks, Racetech Forks (best investment $$$ can buy), Wicked Airbox, Thundermax (now I can REALLY screw up this bike), etc., etc.

Other Fossil Fuel Burning Toys: '95 GPZ1100, '96 KLR650, '73 Chevy Nova SS yeah it's :bad:
RF_R_US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #67
Hale-Yes
Hale=Yes

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Race Tech does indeed build a much improved (over the stock unit) fork for the "R". I know this well because they built there very first "R" forks for me. That being the case, the new technology available in the "Big Piston" design offered by Showa in there big piston forks is nothing short of revolutionary. Tony at Race Tech can tell you all about it, as he set up the valving and springs on my XR 1200 X to "R" fork conversion. Ed...
Hale-Yes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:10 PM   #68
Hale-Yes
Hale=Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetRod07 View Post
Great work on your R. I am currently on hold on my R build while I am deployed but I am ordering parts so when i get home its on. Would you be able to pass the part # of the Rizoma foot controls on? I went to the site and no part # offered for the R just the other models.

Thanks again great build up
It the same set as the other V Rods use. There are a few small mods that need to be made to fit the "R". It's no big deal. When you get back and are ready to do it, PM me and ill walk you through it. Keep your head down and be safe, and thanks for your service. If you don't have your parts yet, let me recommend Ohio-Buckeye here on the forum. Ron is a Rizoma dealer and is super to deal with. Ed...
Old 08-13-2011, 06:34 PM   #69
Hale-Yes
Hale=Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog View Post
Hey, I love the mods you have done. Great, great stuff. I have a couple of questions.

1. Did the Rizoma rizers change riding position and was any extra work required to put them on or were they an easy fit?

2. I see where you had to create mounts for the instrument pod. I have seen the pod in person on an XR1200 and it looks great. How did you address the keeping your mileage correct? Did you have a dealer install and certify?

Thanks
1. By rizers, do you mean peg mounts? I used the stock "R" bar mounts/rizers and made a custom mount for the speedo that bolts on top of the rizers. If you mean peg mounts, Yes, they move your feet back about 1 1/2 inches, and up about 3/4 of an inch. There are a few small mods that need to be done to fit them to the "R". Its not a big deal. When you are ready to do it, PM me and Ill be happy to walk you through it. 2. There is no permanent odometer in the unit, just a trip meter. Ed...
Old 08-17-2011, 10:04 AM   #70
10000rpm
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris@sfp View Post
Im trying to hold my chin up so my boner donīt goes into my mouth! Great project! One of the few "real" rebuilds of the StreetRod... You just overtook the first place from http://www.1130cc.com/forums/attachm...3&d=1208670316 (the exhaust is just wrong on that bike, but the rest is awsome =)
Hey, that's my R. The pic was taken when it was owned by the previous owner. The exhaust is now Rinehart and the air box cover is black.

Here are some pics of it-

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146030
Yuri Orlov (Nicholas Cage's character in Lord of War): Every faction in Africa calls themselves by these noble names - Liberation this, Patriotic that, Democratic Republic of something-or-other. I guess they can't own up to what they usually are: the Federation of Worse Oppressors Than the Last Bunch of Oppressors. Often, the most barbaric atrocities occur when both combatants proclaim themselves Freedom Fighters.
10000rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:36 AM   #71
BimotaRich
Registered Full

Thumbs up tell me more about that instrument panel

love that instrument panel... is it easier to read than stock? Weigh less? Give more info?

nice work on a nice bike!
06 HD Streetrod
BimotaRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #72
FastVRJohnny
Banned

I hate to bump an old thread, but are those Ohlins custom?
FastVRJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement