ProCharger V-Rod kits coming soon - Page 7 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Big Bore/Turbo/SC/NOS area
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 11-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #91
WhosUrBuddiee
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How feasable would it be to have two different mounting options. Include the side brick IC with the kit and have the option to upgrade for front mount for extra $$?
WhosUrBuddiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #92
FABSTER
King of High C's!

Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwds View Post

P.s where is ur nos ,is it out for all to see with a big nos bottle or under your airbox all neat and tidy .lmao

What are you talking about? It's a stock CVO with half CF and half fake body kit, that's it!

OH!!!! and some Xmas GAY lights, that's it!

FABSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #93
goneracin1234
Registered Full

super bummed out i just compressed the front end leaving me with less than 1.5" to work with, they said i need a 2.25" minimum core and i measured on to the center of the curve on the sheild making it even less. thats probably why a bunch that you see are curved and down low. I heard through the grape vine that those are made over seas. mines even a stock front suspension, just waisted a day dicking around with that this looks like its gonna be on the right side unless i start cutting into the bike. It was looking good for a min.
goneracin1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #94
goneracin1234
Registered Full

so far good news though there wont be a air filter on the blower im putting it inline, couple reasons you wont have a horrible long filter sticking off the blower and if the blower lets go, it wont go into your motor. also less pressure drop to make it more efficient pushing through the filter rather than sucking through
Old 11-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #95
goneracin1234
Registered Full

I would do a front mount intercooler no problem but you would have to cut stuff up like nitroslick or delete the scoops and plastic. i like the way it looks though!
Old 11-16-2012, 01:16 AM   #96
Muscled_up
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by goneracin1234 View Post
super bummed out i just compressed the front end leaving me with less than 1.5" to work with, they said i need a 2.25" minimum core and i measured on to the center of the curve on the sheild making it even less. thats probably why a bunch that you see are curved and down low. I heard through the grape vine that those are made over seas. mines even a stock front suspension, just waisted a day dicking around with that this looks like its gonna be on the right side unless i start cutting into the bike. It was looking good for a min.
Couldnt you get your intercooler guy to build it skinnier in middle and larger to outer edges to give you capacity your looking for?

Or make two and line them up either side with nothing in middle where its close.
Just having pipe work connecting them?

167 RWHP
103 FT LB

Garrett GT25 Ball Bearing Turbo
Custom Built Headers
Custom Built Exhaust
Barnett HD Clutch
Dynojet Quickshifter
SMT Billet Hand Grips,Pegs,Shifter
BPP Belt Guard
440 Progressives
Metzelers
RRC Screen
Custom Air Brushing on Tank
Custom Tank Badges
Joker Machine controls,mirrors and mini LEDs

Gloss Black Powder Coating on:
Peg hangers
Brake and Gear arms
Back Rack
Wheels
Pulley & Cush Drive

Saddle Bags When travelling
Muscled_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:34 AM   #97
Bruce Helland
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have never been to keen on the big twin procharger kits. The idea of running unfiltered air through the 'charger unit and the intercooler bothers me..... Abrasive wear? Possible clogging in the innercooler?
Bruce Helland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:22 AM   #98
bwds
brett

Feedback Score: 18 reviews
maybe the question is ,does the unit really need an intercooler ,the sprintex unit doesnt have 1,and according to well informed sources , apperently it really doesnt do much on the trasks either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tony
But the F is SO ugly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bwds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:02 AM   #99
goneracin1234
Registered Full

I was thinking the same thing if the trask kit only gives you 5 more hp for 500 bucks. its worth dynoing it both ways!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #100
stomper
REVOLUTION !!!

Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by goneracin1234 View Post
I was thinking the same thing if the trask kit only gives you 5 more hp for 500 bucks. its worth dynoing it both ways!
THink that the idea of the intercooler was not so much for 5 more HP but more for protection from the heat coming off the turbo..
stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #101
CPTJAM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 31 reviews
The supercharger does not have that heat problem. I think he needs to make it work, determine if an IC is worth it, then dyno. Once the prototype is functional, and making good power, round two in development is to harness some beta testers. Like what I did with TTS. Bolt one on, and continue to refine, make improvements, cut costs, and simplify. Is anyone else ready to assist? I will. PM sent. Joe
TRAVELER: 2006 Roadrod VRSCR, Custom painted Ultrawhite, TTS Supercharger version2.0, TMAX, K&N, Supertrapp V5 exhaust, Pondo Caps, HC Stage II V LED tailight, "A" model bars, Corbin seat, luggage rack, Sumax bags, chrome peg mounts, '08 "D" wheels, polished, rear pulley by Pondo. Slipper clutch. More to come! Old Dyno results: 155 HP 86#TQ
COMET: 2009 AW, painted ultrawhite, a work in progress....105.18 HP, 73.98 torque;
CPTJAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #102
WhosUrBuddiee
Registered Full

I would also be very curious to see if the SC even needs an IC as well. It could make the install cleaner and greatly reduce the cost of the kit.
WhosUrBuddiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #103
stomper
REVOLUTION !!!

Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTJAM View Post
The supercharger does not have that heat problem. I think he needs to make it work, determine if an IC is worth it, then dyno. Once the prototype is functional, and making good power, round two in development is to harness some beta testers. Like what I did with TTS. Bolt one on, and continue to refine, make improvements, cut costs, and simplify. Is anyone else ready to assist? I will. PM sent. Joe
Good thoughts Joe -- I am in if I can help in anyway... Looking to go visit these guys when they get ready to dyno .
stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #104
nitroslick
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Heres a pic of my intercooler fitment
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	custom intercooler fabrication.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	191379