ProCharger V-Rod kits coming soon - Page 5 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Big Bore/Turbo/SC/NOS area
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 11-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #61
FABSTER
King of High C's!

Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Is it me or a couple posts here are missing?...

FABSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #62
Ernie82
boredom kills

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee View Post

Great looking bike

03 with lots of chrome
07 GT500 Convertible
disposable late model commuter cars
CBR954RR - sold
I edit typos not content
Ernie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #63
goneracin1234
Registered Full

After it dynos i will figure out a ram air or somthing like your talking about.....the other night like i posted i was able to move the blower 3/4" closer to the frame. There is no more to go so that part of the set up is done other than the belt gaurd personally im not going to run one but i will ha e the option if wanted.
goneracin1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #64
rsc
Killer Service Inc.

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
pm sent goneracing....

2012 Ultra Classic

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion!
You're merely over-educated beyond your ability to think!

Malcomx" It turns out that the truth is pretty good protection."

V-rod mechanics 101:
http://www.youtube.com/user/rscrod

The opinions expressed here are solely those of the original author. These opinions do not represent those of KSI-LLC.com / Killer Service and Innovations, LLC
rsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #65
WhosUrBuddiee
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by goneracin1234 View Post
If you look at that bike there are no radiator scoops or front plastic sheild they took them off, also the intercooler is only 2" thick which is not efficient and does not cool the intake charge. a minimum of 3" thick core is needed in my new set up i am using even thicker, the thicker the core the smaller it can be. All this knowlege i am stating is backed by procharger. The intake really isnt small if your saying that then i guess the throttle bodies are to small. Forced induction intakes are nothing like a n/a motor were you need velocity stacks or a certain runner lenght to get good power.
Yours may be an inch thicker, but that once is double the size. Plus last I read, that lower scoop has a built in tank and pump for water/glycol cooling.
WhosUrBuddiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #66
bwds
brett

Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsc View Post
pm sent goneracing....
OH come on rod .no sneaky PMS.I wanna see what ur sayn.lol.

Flabs I didn't see any post missing.what did u thunk u see or unsee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tony
But the F is SO ugly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bwds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:09 PM   #67
FABSTER
King of High C's!

Feedback Score: 30 reviews
For hours I've been checking this thread and 1/3 of them where missing, mostly those trolling, offensive or unrelated... all of a sudden they show up after my post... And tonight I'm not even drinking.... Good night

FABSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #68
goneracin1234
Registered Full

The main the intercooler core i will be using is 4.5"x5"x 4" thick this intercooler supports up to 240-250 rear wheel horsepower proven. a 6x9x 3"thick intercooler supports 200-210 rear wheel horsepower. A 6x6x3"thick intercooler core will support 150 rear wheel horsepower that is the intercooler that you see mocked up on the bike obviously that idea got scrapped. A 2" thick core as you can see by those numbers does you nothing for power to air intake temps. now if its watercooled you have to have a radiator for cooling the water, ice/watertank that is vented along with a pump along with a custom air to water intercooler, Then that would work properly. Not to mention pulling all the plastic behind the front tire. Again anything can be done i like that setup but you guys dont want to pay 8-10k per kit
Old 11-14-2012, 10:43 PM   #69
WhosUrBuddiee
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by goneracin1234 View Post
The main the intercooler core i will be using is 4.5"x5"x 4" thick this intercooler supports up to 240-250 rear wheel horsepower proven. a 6x9x 3"thick intercooler supports 200-210 rear wheel horsepower. A 6x6x3"thick intercooler core will support 150 rear wheel horsepower that is the intercooler that you see mocked up on the bike obviously that idea got scrapped. A 2" thick core as you can see by those numbers does you nothing for power to air intake temps. now if its watercooled you have to have a radiator for cooling the water, ice/watertank that is vented along with a pump along with a custom air to water intercooler, Then that would work properly. Not to mention pulling all the plastic behind the front tire. Again anything can be done i like that setup but you guys dont want to pay 8-10k per kit
Surface area > thickness anyday. That front mount is about 12x8x2, it would perform much better than a 4x5x4, even without being watercooled. Pulling the front plastic may be a personal choice thing, but I find it very aesthetically pleasing. I am sure a shroud can be fabricated and sold as an add on also.

I was just trying to show that a front mount can easily be done and it looks much better than a 4 inch brick strapped to the side. It wouldnt cost much more money, just a little extra tubing and 2 more bends.

Not trying to critize your work at all, it all looks top notch. Definatly glad to have a new builder in the arena.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:59 PM   #70
WhosUrBuddiee
Registered Full

Ahhh found it. The company I believe that first did it for the vrod is MCXpress. (Sweedish)
http://www.mc-xpress.com/

Old 11-14-2012, 11:04 PM   #71
WhosUrBuddiee
Registered Full

Here is another from TTS with a custom shroud. Not the prettiest, but shows potential.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #72
bwds
brett

Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Buddy he ain't putting it there. No matter how many pics u post.lol.he has his reasons .and all the answers and correct ones on my mind.lets see what his final product.comes.up with on the dyno and to the eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tony
But the F is SO ugly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bwds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #73
goneracin1234
Registered Full

The intercooler sizes and and power numbers came directly from procharger testing on there own kits i didnt just make this up.....i know if you google it people say the opposite. Like i said i have 3 different intercoolers to test i just dont see people pulling there front end off to put the cooler there. I agree it would look clean if it fit
Old 11-15-2012, 01:36 AM   #74
Uncleford
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Subscribed...

7.43@96 Bone Stock
7.63@95 1.78 60ft (no traction/factory tire)
Uncleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:17 AM   #75
Ozracer
Night Rod Muscle

That last tts system is one of more cleaner systems ive seen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement