Does anyone know how to ride and chew gum? - Page 12 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 11-14-2012, 11:04 PM   #166
Icenine99
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxlamf View Post
Well you don't have to be on a low and heavy HD to fock up all sorts of ways on the same turn

If you want to see the dozen or so picts that go frome the massive fishtail that is starting in the 1st pict to what ends badly they are here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/capfacs...826257/?page=3

and an excellent Charger

Somehow that guy ended up head first into the pavement! That's why I always wear a helmet. If I make a mistake I'll live to ride another day.
Icenine99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #167
H-D Heathen
Asatruar

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icenine99 View Post
Somehow that guy ended up head first into the pavement! That's why I always wear a helmet. If I make a mistake I'll live to ride another day.
Or you'll look good in your casket.

It's called a false sense of security,simply wearing a helmet doesn't preclude the need for proper riding techniques and gear.

No argument though, I wear one also. Didn't always in the past, but seeing a friend deal with the results of a car turning in front of him as he was 50 feet from his home changed my habits. Bill recovered but dealt with healing for some time.

"Not everybody likes us...but we drive some folks wild ! "- Hank III

2006 VRSCR-"Not another black V Rod..."
H-D Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #168
Philthy
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
Question is, unless married to, who the fock is "banging" a "broad" with 6 kids and/or why do either of you know what it's like?
When you start having sex Vambi you'll come to understand the qualitative difference between the birth canals of women who have given birth and women who have not. Until then, though, you can go back to playing with your Tonka toys. Oh wait, is that your mother I hear calling your name ?
Old 11-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #169
Philthy
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tony View Post
Geez Philthy, you are a walking encolopedia !!!!
No, just a foodie of Italian heritage with a Shanghainese fiancee that takes me places in California where I am literally the only round eye. I guess our kids, if any (age works against us), will be Chitalian.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #170
Philthy
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-D Heathen View Post
Or you'll look good in your casket.

It's called a false sense of security,simply wearing a helmet doesn't preclude the need for proper riding techniques and gear.

No argument though, I wear one also. Didn't always in the past, but seeing a friend deal with the results of a car turning in front of him as he was 50 feet from his home changed my habits. Bill recovered but dealt with healing for some time.
I don't think I would call it false security. Regardless of how careful you are there is still the opportunity for someone else to make a bad enough mistake that you cannot aviod a collision. At least with a full face helmet, you won't scrape your face on the pavement. I've landed face down on a full face and it did it's job. It would have been really ugly if I had an open face helmet on.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #171
H-D Heathen
Asatruar

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icenine99 View Post
The notion that a helmet is 100% protection & can guarantee one's surviving an accident is a false assumption. Do they help? Of course they do. But it takes other gear also & even then the only thing certain in life is that no one gets out of it alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philthy View Post
I don't think I would call it false security. Regardless of how careful you are there is still the opportunity for someone else to make a bad enough mistake that you cannot aviod a collision. .

Truth ! and sometimes faster than you can react to it.

Quote:
At least with a full face helmet, you won't scrape your face on the pavement. I've landed face down on a full face and it did it's job. It would have been really ugly if I had an open face helmet on.
The friend I mentioned did a faceplant into the truck, and that's what caused me to start wearing proper gear.

"Not everybody likes us...but we drive some folks wild ! "- Hank III

2006 VRSCR-"Not another black V Rod..."
H-D Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:03 AM   #172
Vambo
Banned

Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
When you start having sex Vambi you'll come to understand the qualitative difference between the birth canals of women who have given birth and women who have not. Until then, though, you can go back to playing with your Tonka toys. Oh wait, is that your mother I hear calling your name ?
Amazing how easily you drop that analytically superior persona and regress! Or not?
Vambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement