ProCharger V-Rod kits coming soon - Page 4 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Big Bore/Turbo/SC/NOS area
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 11-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #46
bwds
brett

Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I would value stompers opinion and ideas,good man to have.drop in and have a look and chat.just make sure its not on the lift too high for him to see .he's only a little man .lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tony
But the F is SO ugly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bwds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #47
stomper
REVOLUTION !!!

Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwds View Post
I would value stompers opinion and ideas,good man to have.drop in and have a look and chat.just make sure its not on the lift too high for him to see .he's only a little man .lmao
Too funny Brett
stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #48
goneracin1234
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
its on the ground no worries!
goneracin1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #49
bwds
brett

Also actually looking at the intercooler a nice scoopy cover like on a slick airforce jet .would probably sit and cover up ok.just have to get the smooth angles and curves right.if I was to purchse one ,I'd have to have polished ss and chome. no black for this duck

Quote:
Old 11-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #50
goneracin1234
Registered Full

the supercharger comes polished. i hope you will like the new intercooler set up. chroming aluminum is a horrible idea (retains heat) it still is on the right side but way more efficent with a forward scoop exactly how you are talking plus more compact. I will try to make it as rounded as possible but you have to remember the intercooler is a square....like i said anything is possible for the right amount $
Old 11-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #51
bwds
brett

Was only thinking of curveing the cover and feeding air rams maybe along the same curve as the frame tapering off towards the end don't curve the intercooler.with the dollars things .spend a few more getting it perfect And sell a lot more units overall.I know I'd be happy with that,buy perfection bolt it on and no modifying or upgrades needed

Quote:
Old 11-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #52
WhosUrBuddiee
Registered Full

Found a picture of a front mount from another thread. Looks a million times better.

WhosUrBuddiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #53
Reynolds
Registered Full

The plenum looks small

Sent from my C771 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #54
blumj88
ISU

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Brian,
Here is a link of the TTS supercharger that the member on the other side of the pond made

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144466

This is a earlier model, i believe there is a cleaner version (not sure). This kit could have been big but people were waiting for all the bugs to be worked out before spending thousands on a kit. He took this lack of sales as lack of interest. I would say that was not the case. If you come out with a kit and there seems to be little interest, keep with it. people are just waiting for it to be proven. If you can prove you have a quality kit that looks nice at a respectable price, i bet you could cut into the Trask market IMHO.

http://www.rotrex.com/Home/Superchar...8-d23b9ecaee68
CFR
blumj88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #55
bwds
brett

I mostly agree with blum except the bit of stopping production due to lack of interest .there was plenty interest .he said himself ,he had shelved finishing the vrod project cos he could sell more units easier for the m109 .he gets no respect from me for leaving the betas with a three quarter finished project. they paid good money in good faith for a.finished projectThe final smoothing out all little probs and clean up ready for.comercial sales never happened

There is a.market here ,and.all.we.need.is proof positive it works ,it holds together without something going boooom after some good.miles.and it looks good.ti ck these boxes and there will be buyers for sure.from my point of view .I live to far away for it not to be prooven before I buy it .

Drink more mothers and get cracking

Quote:
Old 11-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #56
goneracin1234
Registered Full

If you look at that bike there are no radiator scoops or front plastic sheild they took them off, also the intercooler is only 2" thick which is not efficient and does not cool the intake charge. a minimum of 3" thick core is needed in my new set up i am using even thicker, the thicker the core the smaller it can be. All this knowlege i am stating is backed by procharger. The intake really isnt small if your saying that then i guess the throttle bodies are to small. Forced induction intakes are nothing like a n/a motor were you need velocity stacks or a certain runner lenght to get good power.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #57
goneracin1234
Registered Full

So people paid them before they got the product done? Not sure what a beta is.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #58
bwds
brett

Yes, they paid a slightly discounted price ,and were prepaired to be the guineepigs,and along the way were ment to get the upgrades and fixes done for free till the unit was as good as it gets .as far as I'm aware .

Another thought for the.inlet .to the inter cooler .if u can't hide it ,maybe make.it a.feature and.stick it in a procharher. Billett ram like the ones.that used to be on the 671 blowers.where they say ontop of the.carbies
E

Quote:
Old 11-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #59
redfish1960
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
following with great interest!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #60
dead eye