Filing Suit to Harley davidson Store in Greece for Stealing my DX - Page 4 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 11-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #46
Great God Pan

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Apparently this particular "arrangement" is from the "management" and not the company itself..
However it is a little bit strange that the company offered a 10.000 compensation instead of 20.000. Would you mind telling what model is your HD in order to have a clear idea about the actual market value of your scooter? If your bike is actually a 2008 night rod special, then acc to the official dealer price list the value is a little less than 22.000€ brand new...
It is therefore HIGHLY unlikely that any dealer would offer 20.000 - never the less 26.000 - for a 4 year old scooter, no matter the extras, since everybody knows that the extras are never paid for in the second hand market..
Unless the person making the deal did not intend to pay of course...Anyway, since they offered 20.000, the deal was fishy from the begginig
Now for the legal part, of course it is considered as theft (embezzlement to be precise) by all means. You left your bike for exhibition purposes, and it had been removed from your hands against your consent and will. As long as the person whith whom you had been dealing with had been an employee of the firm at the time of the negotiation, then the firm is held responsible as well..
Check out your insurance contract...If it covers this particular case, then go for it and file a lawsuit to be covered. If your contract does not cover this case, then maybe you have to reconsider your options, since the second hand bike market has collapsed in Greece nowdays....anyway, since this is a tricky case, professional legal opinion is strongly advised..
Great God Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #47
stevel
www.badpenny.org

Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Moran View Post
that bike is gone if shipped from Greece to another neighboring country - shipped as in taken and ridden to another country. Since it is from a Harley Store, all they have to do is write a sales reciept for it and it is over the boarder.

With Erope being another dimension, MoCo in Wisconsin will say " oh gee, sorry to hear that,w e can try to help" and that will be about it. I could br wrong, but time will tell.

I would not doubt that the bike is already in Russia liscensed and on the road.
No doubt your post has cheered the OP up no end
Sounds very much to me like the Company that owned the franchise has gone bust. The Administrators will have removed all the assets from the store to somehere else whilst they try to recover maximum value from those assets for the creditors.
The OP needs to find out who those Administrators are and ensure that they understand that his bike is not part of the assets of the failed company.

Ride a Harley? Live in Great Britain?
Then the HDRCGB is the club for you.....

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy7/sloukes/places_i_have_motorbiked.jpg
stevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #48
Louis
Posting From The Pub

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel View Post
No doubt your post has cheered the OP up no end
Sounds very much to me like the Company that owned the franchise has gone bust. The Administrators will have removed all the assets from the store to somehere else whilst they try to recover maximum value from those assets for the creditors.
The OP needs to find out who those Administrators are and ensure that they understand that his bike is not part of the assets of the failed company.
Quite. Except it doesn't sound like they have (or had) moved all the bikes yet so....

Sent from my e1808_v75_jbaol1_5647 using Motorcycle.com App

http://www.flickr.com/photos/acam
http://www.thegentlemansnapper.co.uk

Arnotts, D&D, SEPST, custom paint or all chrome according to mood, GRC seat, wave rotors, Muscle wheels, Burleigh bars, V-Gauge, assorted pretty bits.

2007 VRSC-AW (Fun).
2007 KTM 990 Adventure (Off Road and Touring).
2006 Triumph Daytona T955i (Evil).
2009 Fatboy (Heavily Tarted Up Show Pony).
2011 Bonneville (On long term loan).
1978 Triumph Bonneville Based Racer (Needs A Rebuild)
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:04 AM   #49
Constant
Greekrider

My insurance doesn't cover anything about stealing incidents.
I contacted with HD and got an answear telling me that they are going to find another H-D dealers by the end of 2012. Nothing more.

My model is 2008 VRSCDXA full customed. In Europe you can buy a used Harley in a higher price than buying it new if it is fully customed.
I spent about 35.000E (I only paid 4500E to buy my PM wheels+shipping) for my bike and that's why was going to be sold at 20.000E. So the H-D Greek dealers told me that they would give 10.000E and the rest of 10.000E i could take them from their manager!!!

So I rejected the offer and sent the case to the attorney. My next move is to inform ALL THE PRESS all over the world.

The bike is still registered with my name, so they only thing the stealer can do is to export my bike and change the numbers with fake documents
Constant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:46 AM   #50
ELUSIVE 1
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Secretly mount a GPS tracking device....maybe internal frame.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:24 AM   #51
Constant
Greekrider

Finally I got paid for my bike by the x-Harley Davidson co in Greece!!!
THe bike is still missing as the Manager of the x-Harley Davidson Store where was my bike.If the bike ever been found, I am obliged to pass to the the x, H-D store. So, I got paid as I sold the bike and I'am done.

I want to thank all of you for the support and of course the 1130cc.com forum is it was my constant tool for any mod I had done to my bike.If things were better in Greece propaply I would neve sold my favourite DX

Many Greetings from an ex-V-rod rider!
Take care
Constantine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	217171_10150183579077089_6083193_n.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	280857   Click image for larger version

Name:	221770_10150183579222089_3298977_n.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	280865  
Constant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:44 AM   #52
jacobyvic
Vic Jacoby

Glad to hear it finnally worked out, Constantine.

jacobyvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement