V-Mod mid controls for 2009 VRSCAW - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCA , VRSCAW
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 08-03-2012, 02:47 AM   #1
pintsize

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
V-Mod mid controls for 2009 VRSCAW

Hi Guys.

The title kinda says it all. Has anyone out there ever installed the V-Mod mid controls on their VRSCAW........or know anyone who has? What were your experiences with V-Mod themselves? So far, I've found them very slow - and for some reason very reluctant - to pass on detailed information to prospective purchasers (list of parts, size and weight, photos and/or instruction sheets, etc.). I requested this info so that I could work out transport logistics, since I live in London, but my daughter lives in New York and she could bring the stuff over to me on her next visit.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Jeff.
pintsize is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #2
jimbohand
Registered Full

v mods

I put forward controls on my 08 vrscd, all parts are harley davidson, only needed break fluid, no problems
jimbohand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
B - Rod
Registered Full

are there any good mid mounts without the controls just for a different foot position or are there foot boards for V-rods?
B - Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #4
gman57
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by B - Rod View Post
are there any good mid mounts without the controls just for a different foot position or are there foot boards for V-rods?
Do a search I just read a post a few days ago that listed some decent looking floorboards for the V .If I come across it again I'll post.
gman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:52 AM   #5
ManaMan
Registered Full

I have foot boards on my'09 vrscaw.....and it feels so comfortable
ManaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:16 AM   #6
Louis
Posting From The Pub

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Any reason why V-Mod and not just the stock Harley ones? I just mention this in case you didn't know they are available...

Only experience with mids is wanting them when I first ordered the bike, trying them and finding them utter agony. My legs are 35".

Firms in general, including the ones I used to run, do not like paying staff to answer endless questions for one possible sale. In fact over-helpful sales staff are a sure sign you are paying way too much. That might be one reason you are finding V-Mod reluctant to dig out all sorts of weird stuff rather than take someone's money and send them the product. I've found with Americans a second reason is they are convinced the world is full of spies about to steal their idea, especially foreigners. I know this sounds mad, but it is true. There is a company on this board selling a thing to brace the engine and swingarm together for better handling, but they won't post pictures or tell you what it does! I'm not making this up, I promise! Presumably they don't sell many

If you sound Chinese by the way, you are fecked.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/acam
http://www.thegentlemansnapper.co.uk

Arnotts, D&D, SEPST, custom paint or all chrome according to mood, GRC seat, wave rotors, Muscle wheels, Burleigh bars, V-Gauge, assorted pretty bits.

2007 VRSC-AW (Fun).
2007 KTM 990 Adventure (Off Road and Touring).
2006 Triumph Daytona T955i (Evil).
2009 Fatboy (Heavily Tarted Up Show Pony).
2011 Bonneville (On long term loan).
1978 Triumph Bonneville Based Racer (Needs A Rebuild)
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:09 AM   #7
pintsize

Hi Louis, and thanks for the comments and questions. BTW, love the list of current bikes: not sure about the KTM, but the 2 Triumphs - sweet:-)

The reason for not using the H-D mids is that they're far too far back; very painful for arthritic knees! V-Mod have behaved very strangely: I have asked them to invoice me (twice!!!) for a set of their mid controls, and they've done absolutely nothing - nada - diddly - f*** all. I've given up with them completely now and am part-way through designing my own controls. They won't be true mids, more like "slightly forwards", which is a comfortable riding position for me and copes with my 27inch leg length (hence the "pintsize" name).
pintsize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:19 AM   #8
Louis
Posting From The Pub

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Aha! Yes, makes sense.

Other people here have complained about V-Mod being a bit, um, lackadaisical. They are popular though, if I have the right people they do a huge V-Rod party. Only two people I think, so, small firms, well...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/acam
http://www.thegentlemansnapper.co.uk

Arnotts, D&D, SEPST, custom paint or all chrome according to mood, GRC seat, wave rotors, Muscle wheels, Burleigh bars, V-Gauge, assorted pretty bits.

2007 VRSC-AW (Fun).
2007 KTM 990 Adventure (Off Road and Touring).
2006 Triumph Daytona T955i (Evil).
2009 Fatboy (Heavily Tarted Up Show Pony).
2011 Bonneville (On long term loan).
1978 Triumph Bonneville Based Racer (Needs A Rebuild)
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:44 AM   #9
B - Rod
Registered Full

ManaMan

where did you get the floorboards. can you post some info about them.

thanks
Old 10-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #10
gman57
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by B - Rod View Post
ManaMan

where did you get the floorboards. can you post some info about them.

thanks
+1 interested, miss the floorboards on my flhr
gman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:49 AM   #11
B - Rod
Registered Full

I'm interested about ManaMan's florboards on his VRSCAW
Old 10-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #12
breezewon
Registered Full

I'd be interested in knowing how much the stock Harley mid controls are. Anyone know the part numbers?

Though i bet they won't work with my SuperTrapp
breezewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:33 PM   #13
losNRS
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The HD mids are good if you're a short sh.t like I am (5-7) with a 30" inseam. If you're taller than that, I think it would be a bit tight and cramped. I did the mids on a 08 DX... the hardest part was making it work with the Rineharts 2-1. The Rineharts are not meant to work with mids. For me, (mids) they're very comfortable, and you get the added bonus of having highway pegs for that arze change on long rides. On the con side, HD mids limits the selection of exhaust that can be used: stock 08 DX, D&D Fatcats, V&H 2-1, CFR, and I believe, maybe Bassani 2-1 and Supertrap v5 2-1. There might be other exhaust that work , but I'm not aware.This just my knowledge on the HD mids and not on the Vmods or any other. BTW, I'm no spring chicken at 57.
losNRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #14
sentinal
Registered Full

Red face V- Mod

I live in Wakefield, England, and found VMod to be very good, don't ask them for an invoice, pay them on the website and wait for your goods,

not trying to teach you to suck eggs, but the internet is full of people trying to scam people, if you owned the company would you send £400s worth of kit for a promise to pay ? or would you prefer cash up front ?

I got my goods and the back up service to go with it, well recomended, just remeber that they are in a different time zone and us English can be overly polite...
Advertisement